[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bands which successfully reinvented themselves. Paramore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: Paramore-After-Laughter-Album.jpg (950KB, 1240x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Paramore-After-Laughter-Album.jpg
950KB, 1240x1240px
ITT: Bands which successfully reinvented themselves.

Paramore no longer sucks
>>
>>73305428
We knew this sense 2013 m8
>>
>>73305443
They did a 180 and are no longer pop-punk. Its more of a synthwave/funk/afrobeat now. Hence the reinvention
>>
File: smug.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
they never sucked
>>
>And I gotta get to rock bottom
I can't take Hayley Williams and her "depression" seriously.
>>
>>73305542
you mean 360
>>
>>73305542
t. Hasn't listened to s/t
>>
>>73305542

They had already reinvented themselves once, on the self-titled from (I believe) 2013. They had a much bleaker sound and even had a sort of noisy post-rock track. So this is their second reinvention (and I'm fairly certain the next album will also be something totally different).
>>
>>73306403
Notice how the thread says "successfully reinvented themselves". I'm aware paramore have reinvented themselves like 5 times, but they weren't very successful at that. I'd say that the 5 year hiatus is a dead giveaway
>>
>>73306776
s/t > After Laughter
>>
Paramore is the Talk Talk of our generation

Just wait and see
>>
>>73305428
this album was a total change of pace for em and it sounds fuckin great imo. i only ever liked paramore previously for their occassional hit, i could never really get into their stuff. then this album came out and it was sick af
>>
>>73305428
>Paramore no longer sucks
they never sucked, pal. their debut - decent, riot - great, brand new eyes - still great, paramore - their best, after laughter - their second best.
>>
>>73306858
This. The members all have better music taste than their contemporaries and are more willing than ever to experiment.
>>
File: sdre.jpg (18KB, 325x200px) Image search: [Google]
sdre.jpg
18KB, 325x200px
>>73309118
Seriously, they all have some pretty great taste.
>>
>>73306858
Holy shit I hope so
>>
>>73309118
Experiments don't always work out well. Brokencyde did something no-one else had done before.
>>
>>73309344
Yeah but After Laughter was a pretty big success among the commercial audience and critics
>>
>>73305747
Me too. Her lyrics are full cringe for me.
>>
i appreciated the instrumentation but i really wish the lyrics weren't straight out of a 14 year old's diary circa 2006
>>
Never really been much of a fan of their earlier work until the self-titled album came in 2013.
>>
>>73306858
>Talk Talk of our generation
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>73305428
They never sucked.
>>
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU STOP SHILLING THIS FUCKING SHIT ALBUM HOLY FUCKING SHIT I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE JUST FUCKING STOP JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I'M GONNA HAVE A FUCKING MENTAL BREAKDOWN OVER THIS SHIT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FUCKING SAGE
>>
>>73312038
bump :^)

(Also, go listen to the new Paramore album. You'll feel better.)
>>
IF I SMILE WITH MY TEE TH
>>
>>73312038
Calm down there sperg lord
>>
>>73312038

LOW KEY! NO PRESSURE! JUST HANG WITH ME & MY WEATHER!
>>
>>73312038
lol
>>
But Brand New Eyes is pretty good pop punk desu.
>>
>>73309344
>Brokencyde did something no-one else had done before.

And it was patrician as fuck. You have shit taste
>>
I really tried to like this album but it felt so soulless.
>>
>>73305774
360 means you go back to the same position, so, no
>>
>>73315749
>soulless
How?
>>
>>73309317
Huh, I've never seen this one before.
>>
>>73305428
I really really like this song and pretty much nothing else by them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9A6tn_P6g
>>
idle Worship is the best song. Although Hard Times is still catchy as it was when I first listened to it.

>>73315749
That is okay, anon, everyone is allowed to like their own stuff.
>>
R A D I O H E A D
>>
>>73312038
U mad yo?
>>
It's still mellow/melodic pop for teens and teens. They hardly reinvented themselves, just added a synth pop flavor.
>>
>>73316019
I can't tell if summer or bait
How do you guys tel the difference I've only been here for like 3 years
>>
>>73319207
>mellow
they're not that mellow. their older songs such as brick by boring brick were heavy by mainstream standards. also they're still energetic. that's hardly mellow. it's not their fault if you listen to extreme metal all day long.
>>
>>73319806
you reply and if they say >taking the bait
just say your reply was bait
>>
>>73320585
Good old "I'm not retarded, it was bait!!!" Because it's probably exactly what they did
>>
Hard Times is a total banger. The rest of it's great too, especially Rose Colored Boy and 26.
>>
>>73312038
kek so hard
>>
>>73305428
Swans did this like 4 times.
>>
>>73312038
What makes this more amusing now is that, including this one, there are three Paramore threads up on /mu/ right now.
>>
>>73305691
this
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.