[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Led Zeppelin's best song? >Kashmir Also general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1341.png (220KB, 602x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1341.png
220KB, 602x419px
Led Zeppelin's best song?
>Kashmir

Also general classic rock thread.
>>
when the leeve breaks
>>
>>73300291
Moby Dick, Ramble On, and In My Time of Dying are my top three Led Zeppelin, but Kashmir has my favorite riff
>>
>>73300291
Black Dog
>>
>>73300291
Achilles Last Stand and the Rain Song are my favorites, The Ocean comes pretty close too
>>
Wanton Song has been my favorite lately.
>>
>>73300301
Right answer.

Also as cliche as it is, the Song Remains the Same version of Stairway to Heaven is superior to the studio recording. Same with all the tracks on that record, esp. Dazed and Confused.
>>
Well I was going to post my favorites but my nigga right here already did.
>>73300475
>>
In no order:

Ten Years Gone
When the Levee Breaks
The Rain Song
Ramble On
Heartbreaker

Also really love Four Sticks, That's the Way, Misty Mountain Hop, Tangerine, Friends, What Is and What Should Never Be, and Going to California

and everything else.
>>
the rain song
>>
I'll always love the misty, Hermeticist, Tolkienesque atmosphere to their music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBzuYNK95sM
>>
>>73300301
>>73300486
These + In My Time of Dying
>>
>>73300291
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztKD75J2BM
>>
hmmm, hot dog, bring it on home, candy store rock, tea for one.
>>
>>73300576
their music makes me want to disappear into a lost age and travel by foot to some obscure stone-built place of esoteric learning and initiation, like in antediluvian Hyperborea or something

or eat mushrooms in medieval Wales and be drawn out into some fairy circle by wood sprites at the edge of town and never be heard from again.
>>
>>73300516
also, In the Light

I guess I like their most misty, elf-y / wizard-y stuff
>>
>>73300291

no quarter's the only heavy song they did that wasn't blues
>>
>>73300707
It's weird though, even if there's a bluesiness to a lot of their heavy stuff, they play it with an atmosphere that ends up feeling more Welsh and Tolkien-y than old blues-y Americana usually.

Which is an interesting aesthetic / artistic lesson: that you can take any form and give it an essence / atmosphere of something else. Which is how white bands took mostly black forms and made them so white sounding by the time of metal and punk (although that Scotch Irish dna was in the music already in rock n roll, so it wasn't too much of a stretch leaning to that side of it), while blacks having taken European electronic developments and added 'blackness' to them various times.
>>
fool in the rain & houses of the holy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.