[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw a band member's death impacts you way harder then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: soundgarden.jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
soundgarden.jpg
47KB, 720x540px
>tfw a band member's death impacts you way harder then you thought it would

Was never all that into Soundgarden. I liked their albums and everything but they never really clicked with me. Chris Cornell's death has literally reinvented the band for me and sometimes I get so sad thinking about his lyrics and the fact that I won't get to see them live on this level of effect on me and it sucks.
>>
>>73283037
Just wait until it's a random Saturday night, you're a bit drunk, and your gf has gone to bed early.

>Temple of the Dog playlist
>wake up at 4 AM to realize you've been crying in your sleep
>>
>>73283107
Man it's happening right now. I've neem drinking for a bit and I've just been listening to Superunknown and the whole album just has me bawling.
>>
>>73283107
Also,
>have a gf

good one mate. nice roast.
>>
>>73283037
I've been listening to them for almost a decade now. I was really into all of the Grunge bands in high school and Cornell has been my go to favorite Rock vocalist for a long time.

That being said it had probably been close to 2 years since I really went on a Soundgarden kick where I listened to all of their albums but the moment I found out I started listening to them and probably listened to nothing but Soundgarden and Cornell's other work for close to 2 weeks.

I would always kinda mock the idea of acting sad over a celebrity/musician death but I'll admit the first 2-3 days after I found out I felt pretty shitty. Just knowing that this guy I listened to so much throughout so much of my life was now dead. And that I would never get to hear any new music from him or the numerous bands he was in.. Honestly, it makes me really glad I was too young to be affected by the deaths of Cobain or Staley. And I was actually really into STP as well but Weiland's death didn't hit me nearly as hard.

fuck
>>
bowies death hit me way harder
>>
>>73283037
Yeah, it just still, still seems so surreal, right? Like, I've already been a pretty casual fan. Used to occasionally listen to Badmotorfinger in the car with my dad growing up. I just never thought he'd die at 52... to suicide? Just seems so very wrong to me. :(
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.