[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/08/53109 9733/first-listen-fleet-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/08/531099733/first-listen-fleet-foxes-crack-up

So what do you think?
>>
everyone listened to the leak already, mister
it's a fantastic album
>>
>>73270935
Not all its cracked up to be.
>>
>>73270935
Not very good
>>
>>73270935

strong 8, AOTY contender, best rock album of the year so far
>>
more of the same, not as good though
>>
>>73273971

>more of the same

kek this is way better than their other two albums, and objectively more musically diverse/innovative and lyrically better
>>
Fuck; Kept Woman is almost a 10/10 track; if only the vocals were a bit softer and not as overpowering.
>>
it's ridiculously dense. Ive listened through it like 3 times now and I'm still sorta struggling to get a grip on it, Helplessness Blues took a little bit to wear in for me but became one of my favourite albums ever so it might just be about letting it all sink in for a while and then I'll come around but I'm struggling to enjoy it a bit atm
>>
>>73274275
>objectively better

why are Fleet Foxes stans so hostile and borderline retarded?
>>
>>73274810
It definitely took me a few listens to get into it but it is probably my AOTY now. It's really layered and sounds awesome with headphones so you can pick up all the little things. Not to mention, the subject matter and tone is a lot different and more mature. It's like they took the idea of the Shrine/An Argument and made it into a whole album.

>>73274839
why are you so triggered? He didn't say objectively better. He said more diverse/innovative and lyrically better, all of which is true.

It's not more of the same, it's pretty different from HB in tone and scope.
>>
>>73274839
>reading comprehension
>>
>>73274839

I didn't say objectively "better" you fucking piece of horse shit, allow me to quote my own post: 73274275
>objectively more musically diverse/innovative and lyrically better

which is TRUE, I guess maybe you could argue the lyrics aren't objectively better but I think the lyrics on their past two albums are like poetry written by a high schooler compared to the great stuff on Crack Up.

so yeah sure if you like high school poetry, their earlier lyrics are better. and there is MORE musical diversity/innovation, that literally can be objectively measured.
>>
>>73275000
Not him, but I don't think ALL of HB was completely "HS poetry" level. The title track can be a liiiittle cringy but songs like Sim Sala Bim, The Shrine, Grown Ocean, etc. aren't bad at all.
>>
Just listened to the whole thing for the first time. A bit underwhelming.
>>
>>73275449
t b h it takes a few listens
>>
I think I'll listen to something else
>>
>>73275580
thx4sharing
>>
>>73275223

I just meant by comparison
>>
>>73274275
I can understand not liking it but it being perceived as more of the same is absurd.
>>
>>73270935
It's good. I like it. I listen to it a lot.
>>
Is Father John Misty on the album? The tone of everything got boring once he left.
>>
>>73277713
Literally all FJM contributed to the band when he was there was backing vocals and drums. He wasn't even known as Father John Misty until after he left.
>>
it's fucking beautiful and is much much better than HB or s/t, even though those are great albums as well. latter half of the album is 11/10s all the way through. give it a listen if you haven't already.
>>
It's not that good
>>
>>73277865
why?

>>73278209
why?
>>
>>73274958
>why are you so triggered?
>He didn't say objectively better.
>more diverse/innovative and lyrically better, all of which is true.
>all of which is true.
>all of which is true.
I'l ask again: why are Fleet Foxes stans so hostile and borderline retarded?

>>73275000
Yes you did, you dunce. You said the lyrics were objectively better.

>>73274996
reading comprehension
>>
I've only listened to their debut and thought it was a 6/10. I liked the vocals but didn't like how often their formula came down to plucking an acoustic guitar with maybe some basic drums in the background. Would I like the new album? I do plan on listening to Helplessness Blues in between anyway.
>>
Really gorgeous album
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.