[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't see him discussed here much. What does /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (93KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
93KB, 900x900px
I don't see him discussed here much. What does /mu/ think of Iron and Wine?
>>
>>73266485
I like him and his music
>>
Pure Comedy is 7.5/10
>>
>>73266528
Which of his albums is your favorite?
>>
>>73266893
Our Endless Numbered Days followed by The Creek Drank the Cradle
>>
>>73266485
its ok. But too much of a hassle to listen a full album
>>
>>73266924
Alot of people seem to prefer shepherds dog out of his discography. Personally love Kiss Each Other Clean.
>>
nu male shit
>>
i've only listened to endless numbered days and shepherd's dog. the former is a masterpiece, imo. it's a record that i think will top charts when they talk about 2000's folk music thirty years from now.
>>
>>73266974
Yeah I like that one too but the Banjo he uses in Creek is so cool, it kinda gives off this really nice bonfire atmosphere that I like about his music.
>>
>>73266974
i wonder why people prefer shepherd's dog. i remember it got a lot of traction in magazine and blogs when it came out, but it's simply not his best work. i don't get it. especially considering these are the same people who probably got into him through garden state and his endless numbered days era sound.
>>
>>73267087
I think people really got into "evolution" of his instrumentation on Shepherds Dog, though it really contrasted with some of his earlier style, though I do like his newer stuff as well.
>>
>>73267087
I honestly think it's just the Shepherd's Dog came out when his brand was peaking a little bit, hence the traction. His better albums raised the attention that would benefit Shepherd's Dog.
>>
>>73266988
>>
>>73267243
i suppose, but that always seems like a weird reason to praise a record. change for change's sake.
>>73267245
that's fair, sam deserves every one of his successes for the work he's put in.

also, it seems like this is probably an oldfag thread. feels weird.
>>
I remember listening to and liking Shepherds Dog when it came out but I kind of just forgot he existed. Maybe part of it was just that I assumed he would either be doing the exact same thing now or going the "indietronica" route.

So, is it worth listening to any new stuff?
>>
>>73267344
I personally really like Kiss Each Other Clean, though it is similar to Shepherds Dog I feel he experiments more.
>>
he makes really comfy music, our endless numbered days is a great album
>>
>>73266485
I feel like Father John Misty is so insincere that it makes it hard to take his music very seriously.
>>
>>73266540
>>73268967
No
>>
>>73267047
best listened to in the rural southeast in the wee hours of the morning
>>
>>73266485
Liked him a lot in my late teen's- early twenties. Haven't listened to his stuff in a while. Really enjoyed " The Shepherds dog". His early stuff took time to grow on me.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.