[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If you walk into any house show in America with a handfu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 8

File: 1441841935car_seat_headrest_5.jpg (105KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1441841935car_seat_headrest_5.jpg
105KB, 640x427px
>If you walk into any house show in America with a handful of rocks, by the second or third throw you’ll have hit a boy with a Bandcamp that sounds exactly like them. It is unbelievable that such a storied indie-label would see in them a band deserving of their marketing budget & late night talk show connections.

>Much like his music & lyrics, Toledo’s public persona exists in between dull platitudes and esoteric name-dropping. This consistent lack of personality might actually be the most sincere thing about him & his band.

https://medium.com/@SamRay/punching-upwards-at-a-particularly-bland-windmill-447f9abd4a9f

will he ever recover from this roasting?
>>
>If you walk into any house show in America with a handful of rocks, by the second or third throw you’ll have hit a boy with a Bandcamp that sounds exactly like them.
the other stuff he wrote is accurate but this perfectly applied to teen suicide and all of those bandcamp bands from the early 10s lmao
>>
teen suicide are more bland than CSH tho
>>
>>73265221
>the other stuff he wrote is accurate but this perfectly applied to teen suicide and all of those bandcamp bands from the early 10s
you realize he KNOWS THIS. but those guys never got signed. which is why hes ASKING why did csh get signed in the first place
>>
>>73265390
why did teen suicide become the most popular out of that scene? its all pretty fucking arbitrary and all those shitty white sadboys making bland indie suck. why is teen suicide as popular as he is? why is carseat headrest? they all fucking suck and none of them deserve that success
>>
>>73265390
They are signed though. With runforcover. Matador is not even that much bigger of a label
>>
>>73265194
so sounding like indie producer is an insult now. fuck these jews and their attacks against any artist with money
>>
>>73265390
>how could this bland record ever outsell my bland record? it must be the press
>smonks dude lmao in his room all day and seethes about some nobody getting signed to a record label that hasn't had clout since Superchunk were still releasing records
wonder why..
>>
>>73265421
why do you care?
>>
>>73265194
this fag is so mad that he didnt get a matador contract
>>
>>73265390
>>73265431

also both RFC and Matador are both distro'd by WMG, and I'm pretty sure Modern Baseball charted higher on Run For Cover than anything Matador has released this decade lmao

literally no fucking difference
>>
>>73265194
Why's he so salty? You don't have to listen to them.
>>
>>73265421
>why did teen suicide become the most popular out of that scene? its all pretty fucking arbitrary and all those shitty white sadboys making bland indie suck. why is teen suicide as popular as he is? why is carseat headrest? they all fucking suck and none of them deserve that success
This, honestly.

Why would any label invest in these boring hacks?
>>
>>73265194
lmao sam is a salty bitch
>>
>>73265783
/thread
>>
>>73265783
>lmao sam is a salty bitch
That's exactly what I like about this whole thing.
>>
But why is he so salty?
>>
>>73266292
Will got picked up by matador
>>
>>73266292
Because Car Seat Headrest man made the same mediocre music, but tried harder to further his career, while he did nothing and he still expects success because the products are about as good as each other.

He could make this same blogpost about every single one of his label mates who nearly charted in the top 40 ffs. But he wont touch them because he's a pussy.
>>
https://twitter.com/carseatheadrest/status/872627750502367232
>>
>>73266466
10/10
will doesn't have an ego to be destroyed
>>
>Car Seat Headrest— Because there’s gotta be some group of internet teens who are really into Seroquel now instead of Xanax

this guy isn't the best writer, but holy shit that is hilarioius
>>
>>73266521
t. butthurt csh fan

Will Toledo most definitely has a god complex & unironically believes he is the second coming of an artistic messiah
>>
>>73265390
except teen suicide is on run for cover
and ricky eat acid is on terrible

terrible has some huge artists that are almost maintream
run for cover is pretty big too, and i would say one of the most trendy labels right now

also its not like will was some random bandcamp kid that got signed suddenly
his first album on bandcamp came out more than 7 years ago and he has been releasing tons of great stuff since then
it took a pretty long time until he got signed, tons of labels rejected him and he literally has a song called fuck merge records
>>
>>73265194
FUCKING LMAO
kitty is now beefing with him too
https://twitter.com/kittaveli/with_replies
>>
>>73266466
>>73266925
the song is so bad but they both pulled the SEXISM and MISOGYNY card over it hahahaha

this is a solid shitfest
>>
>>73266925
i really hope will comes out with another diss track just to enfuriate them both even more
>>
>/mu/ used to love CSR and Twin Fantasy
>Started hating him as soon as he got popular
I'm not really surprised but it's disappointing
>>
>>73266925
what the fuck is her problem?
>>
>>73267033
CSH was always hot garbage. the only people who supported his boring bedroom wankery were him and like thirty other self-fellating anons
>>
>>73267056
nah
>>
>>73267033
Twin Fantasy was okay. i will be my own hell was okay.

All of the follow-ups to those albums were str8 garbito whether popular or not.
>>
>>73266990
yeah its pretty ridiculous
its some old unknown song
im a pretty big csh fan but i never heard that one
will says that kitty even reblogged it
now they suddenly dug it up from somewhere and are telling will how creepy he is
>>
>>73267125
sam is on RFC and those bands will literally do anything to virtue signal. if an indie label put out a 10 cassette release of one of their b-side singles 5 years ago and it turns out the head of the label said 'gay' on social media, they'll write a blogpost about it.

kitty is just a literal who cloudrapper i don't know her deal beyond that her music is awful.

i don't even listen to CSH why am i doing this
>>
>>73267202
I didn't even know kitty was still around. I dropped her when she dropped the pryde
>>
>>73265463
(You)
>>
i love how Sam's twitter goes from DAE remember le 90s pokemon card to shitty indie infighting

pretty much sums up this generation
>>
>>73267323
Le wrong generashun xD
>>
>>73267202
>le ebin virtue signalling meme
go back to /pol/
>>
>>73267335
every generation is a meme my dude, sometimes something embodies it
>>
>>73267363
Do you think that's not a thing?
>>
I don't like Will at all but he's making shit tons more money than both the teen suicide fag and Kitty Pryde combined
>>
>>73267363
That's happened multiple times. One was even just a demo that had maybe 100 LPs pressed or something.
>>
>>73267437
theoretically could be
but it happens way less often than i see people posting about it
>>
>>73265194
>I know I’m too old to get mad about...
But he looks like he's 27
>>
>>73267465
im pretty sure it didnt happen beacuse the head of label said "gay"
>>
>>73267524
google "Driftwood Records Dandy" and then look for the tumblr post starting with 'an open letter..'

it reads like a parody
>>
>>73267571
dont have time to look into the details right now
but the guy from the label seems like a fucking idiot lmao
>>
>>73267868
yeah he's a fucking xD retard and his label sucked and never shipped anything on time, he would've failed either way

but literally formal press releases over tumblr blogposts my dude
>>
>>73265194
would mean a lot more if it wasn't coming from someone who plays in fucking Teen Suicide of all bands
>>
>>73267997
this
im a fan of will but wouldnt really care if anyone else would write something like this
but sam is the last person who should talk shit about csh
>>
Is kitty pryde jumping in on the beef?
>>
>>73265194
He described his own band and projected it onto CSH.

I do find CSH overrated but they're blatantly superior to 99% of Bandcamp bands chasing the same style. Especially in the realm of bring marketable. Most Bandcamp groups competing are not fit for record labels.
>>
>>73268357
>Most Bandcamp groups competing are not fit for record labels.
in what way
>>
>>73268376
Most of them are lazy potheads that break-up after releasing one song.
>>
Will is a funny dude
>>
>>73267056
nah
>>
>shitting on pre-matador CSH
Dont fall for this meme.
>>
My Back Is Killing Me Baby, Monomania, and Twin Fantasy are his best, he'll never top em

Fill In The Blank is a fun song though
>>
Teens of Denial is a good album
>>
>>73268437
And most of them don't even bother trying to market their music or find an audience. Will had a huge cult following before he even got signed to a label. He could have released twelve albums of himself farting into a microphone and if he got people to listen Matador would still have picked him up anyway. It has nothing to do with how good his music is.

Everyone in this thread is a dipshit. You don't ACTUALLY think that labels pick up bands because of how good their music is, right? I'm sure some of you are just being willfully ignorant so you can beat a dead horse and shit on Sam and Will but none of you are really that naive, right?
>>
>>73268245
Yeah, she sees a chance to make it onto music blogs for some attention so she'll do her best. Must be weird for her knowing that she'd be a literally who if she didn't fuck Danny Brown
>>
>>73269606
>Everyone in this thread is a dipshit. You don't ACTUALLY think that labels pick up bands because of how good their music is, right? I'm sure some of you are just being willfully ignorant so you can beat a dead horse and shit on Sam and Will but none of you are really that naive, right?

Fucking this man. Labels pick up bands they think are easy to milk, it's how many dumb fans they have.
>>
>>73269606
yeah but teen suicide were tumblr darlings too. Sam had everything he needed from RFC, a label with top 40 bands, kek.
>>
>>73267363
Moron
>>
>>73266466
What is this? Wi-Fi is shitty. Explain
>>
>>73269606
i feel like teen suicide was way more popular than carseat headrest before he signed to matador
>>
>>73266990
I don't understand the whole thing about Will writing a song about Kitty, I thought he was gay? he wrote a whole album about it...
>>
Both of their best projects are EPs
Coincidence?
>>
>>73269653
Whose side she on
>>
>>73265194
Dude's just bitter will's cooler than him.
>>
I mean...he's right. CSH is terrible. I've tried soooo many times to get into them and it's just atrocious. You might hate Teen Suicide, but they still have by far and away more creative song structures, production, and melodies. That's verifiable by anyone with any sort of knowledge of music theory.

CSH is just bad all around.
>>
big part of this is toledo roasting Kitty Pryde (who Sam is married to) but either way CSH sucks. Teen Suicide is really uneven for the most part but they have some great songs and "to be close to you" as an album is better than anything Toledo has ever done
>>
>>73266536
i don't even get it

i mean i was on seroquel for a while and i feel like it would be a shitty drug to use recreationally if you don't need it
>>
>>73270786

i remember seeing them once as an opener and the fucking singer is like "yo whatever you do, just don't try heroin. it fucks you up"

shut up you fucking try hard
>>
>>73270957
dude has done heroin hundreds of times, he had a fucked up life and started using when he was like 14. shit sucks. not sure if it can be considered tryharding if he has stupid amounts of experience with it
>>
>>73270786
>more creative song structures, production, and melodies
>music theory
it's The Unicorns and a thousand other indeh-emo bands recorded through a laptop mic lmfao.

there's like one good band from this scene and they weren't even in this scene
>>
>>73265194
fuck off sam. you're acting like a high schooler.
>>
>>73270715
you're just jealous bc you could have been justin long rn but you fucked it up and lost your chance with lavren.
>>
>>73270957
How is that trying hard unless you're fucking retarded
>>
>>73270997
>>73271087
telling the audience that you tried heroin is the most try hard shit i can imagine. who gives a shit? i'm sure tons of people in the audience have tried hard drugs

but i guess it gives him that indie cred right
>>
>>73271281
how else will the room full teenage girls on their phones know he's gone through hardship?
>>
>>73271301
exactly
>>
>>73271328
we can see you're talking to yourself dumbass
>>
Funny how Teen Suicide started out as satire of the countless bedroom emo pop bands out there and ended up being better than all of them due to pure songwriting chops.

Sam is a cunt but he's 10 times the musician Will is. CSH is really just The Strokes light with long song structures and emo confessional lyrics.
>>
>>73271498
Have you ever been to one of their shows? It's exactly like that.

Thank god TBLA broke up and never got near tumblr.
>>
The sam ray blogpost reads just like something someone would write on /mu/

He probably frequencts /mu/. Ironically all he accomplished was getting CSH more exposure.
He even samefagged his own blog post forgetting to sign out before complimenting himself
>>
Thirds sentence
>Being mad is a young man’s game, and I am neither young nor willing to play games anymore.
>is 26

And then I stopped reading.
>>
>>73271516
bingoooooo

>>73271619
if you knew sam you'd realize he did that intentionally and sarcastically
>>
What is this about Matador? They've been treading water on their 90s has been's 7"s and compilations for over ten years. They barely could push Will's garbage into the top 200.

I'd like to hear his opinion on Modern Baseball or Pity Sex. I bet he wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.
>>
>>73266394
>tried harder to further his career
lol will was playing a show and a matador rep just happened to be there. Literally dumb luck
>>
File: 1484242632856.png (820KB, 996x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484242632856.png
820KB, 996x1000px
I don't understand why this drug addicted faggot feels like he is entitled to success. Really makes you think...
>>
>>73272065
hey man, it's funny how nature do that
>>
>>73271628
I love how he thinks that's old
>>
Why would Sam even publish that? How salty do you have to be that your shitty bedroom pop didn't get as much traction as CSH?
>>
>>73272376
he's being post-ironic you dip
>>
File: db0.jpg (49KB, 600x1104px) Image search: [Google]
db0.jpg
49KB, 600x1104px
>>73272402
>>
>>73272456
He's not pretending to be retarded you dip. He's expressing his opinion in a crude way while having a laugh at the folks who get triggered by it (aka you). If you knew his personality even slightly you'd know he's a sarcastic cunt.
>>
>>73272523
okay Sam
>>
>>73268573
Hello will
>>
>>73271516
This. Sam Ray is incredibly more talented than will.

Three Love Songs alone
>>
>>73272523
All i saw is the blogpost and will shitposting on twitter, who is Sam making mad? Just seems like butthurt on his end.
>>
>>73271516
Was teen suicide really just a meme idea?
>>
>>73272523
expressing your genuine opinion isn't sarcasm you dumbfuck
>>
>>73265194
>>Much like his music & lyrics, Toledo’s public persona exists in between dull platitudes and esoteric name-dropping
but this is alot of young ppl
>>
>>73267033
>>/mu/ used to love CSR and Twin Fantasy
how fucking new are you
>>
>>73271628
what a fuckhead

nothing pisses me off more than 20 somethings saying they "feel old" or have an "old soul"
>>
File: 1468683176892.png (151KB, 329x328px) Image search: [Google]
1468683176892.png
151KB, 329x328px
pretty wild for someone who's entire aesthetic is lo-fi mumbling about suicide to be calling someone else's music run of the mill on bandcamp
>>
I dare anyone in this thread to post just ONE (1) measly bandcamp that sounds like CSR AND is AS good AND the frontman has as much VISION and OUTPUT as CSR

full disclosure: I literally listened to teens of denial ONCE, shrugged, and deleted it from my hard drive because I don't really care about this genre, but I did think all of those things I mentioned above about the band without knowing an ounce of its history
>>
>>73265194
tfw Sam said this but Teen Suicide used to play shows in my friends basement when he was on the east coast
oof
>>
File: 1381457197554.jpg (22KB, 433x425px) Image search: [Google]
1381457197554.jpg
22KB, 433x425px
>mfw Will's next album is called Teens of Suicide
>>
Sam sounds like an asshole
>>
nu male cage match between these two goobers when??
>>
thankful to not know any of these people
>>
>>73270676
she's married to sam ray
>>
>>73271516
>songwriting chops
lmao
>>
>>73272283
>>73275887
maybe he did that "intentionally and sarcastically"

i hear he's prone to such hijinks
>>
>>73272523
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.