[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's why this is the best possible final album that Pink

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Pink_Floyd_-_Division_Bell.jpg (92KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Pink_Floyd_-_Division_Bell.jpg
92KB, 300x300px
Here's why this is the best possible final album that Pink Floyd could have had.
It starts with Cluster One, which along with Marooned, were the only instrumental Floyd songs post Dark Side that had any value
What Do You Want From Me? went back to show Gilmour's actual talent writing music, something he seemed to forget in AMLOR.
Poles Apart brings up the members that weren't there for this album, but actually gives them a positive light and shows them as actual decent people and not massive cunts (to be followed up in a second)
A Great Day For Freedom, although has specifically been discredited, does have some really deep meaning when taken to be referencing "The Wall", almost as if a follow up to it but with discussion of Roger's modern state
Wearing the Inside Out was the only song by Wright we got since DSOTM and is a fantastic song to be seen as his last
Take it Back is a more generic song but at least its a good one, same with Coming Back to Life
Keep Talking helps go back to the better parts of AMLOR, almost in a retrospectively corrective way
Lost for Words, like Poles Apart, talks about Waters' departure, but it's so much more bitter. In a way this helps put a much better angle on the story of him leaving in general.
And of course, High Hopes. The song that most people know the album for, that discusses the very start of the band in general, and of course concludes with the callback to their first successful single.

This album is the best possible swan song for Floyd because of how it summarizes the bands history, its accomplishments and most importantly the people within it as well as humanly possible.
>>
>>73262583
Absolutely

The Endless River was a mistake
>>
I honestly think High Hopes is their best closer and possibly best album in general only rivaling Echoes. I don't get the hate for the album in general desu.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.