[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - actual music discussion edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 71

File: amwgIGy.png (1MB, 1404x1384px) Image search: [Google]
amwgIGy.png
1MB, 1404x1384px
lol jk

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread: >>73240783
>>
para sa mga lalaki
>>
>>73261711
>>73261728
both still relevant

also what are daily's thoughts on the new gorillaz single
>>
File: vic-mensa-the-manuscript-cover.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
vic-mensa-the-manuscript-cover.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>sampled o superman

what was mike dean thinking?
>>
>>73261766
it's a shame the next album won't be released until trump is re-elected
>>
>>73261785
well yeah but apparently there's just a huge surplus from humanz sessions
>>
>>73261806
h-sidez?
>>
>>73261766
gorillaz peaked at doyathing, then humanz sucked, so now I don't really have much reason to listen to it.

>>73261785
idk about you, but I'm very excited for eight more years of "didjya know drumpf is silly???"
>>
>>73261766
video is shit

initial impression was song was shit but it's not as bad as I thought, too bad this wasn't on the album

>>73261806
>>73261817
We're still waiting on deluxe tracks for 2-CD set, but my hopes aren't too high
>>
pmub
>>
just discovered this tonight. instrumental funk rock. pretty good, if you like funkadelic you'll love this.
>>
>>73262188
If you like funk you've probably heard a lot of james browntbh
>>
>>73261820
humanz was so fucking bad desu but this single's better

i don't know if i'd call doyathing the peak though, it's kind of forgettable for me

>>73261854
video is in fact shit. that catchy falsetto keeps me coming back though.
>>
>>73262226
>doyathing
>forgettable
did you hear the extended version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36DCuT1KxM4
>>
>>73262265
several times. can't remember a word
>>
>>73262265
I'M THE FISH
>>
>>73262378
you didn't remember "I'm the shit"? lmao

I think the extended noise bit + general song progression is the most interesting thing that Gorillaz have ever done.

>>73262395
yeh
>>
File: CkjZQmA.jpg (59KB, 714x960px) Image search: [Google]
CkjZQmA.jpg
59KB, 714x960px
Listened to new stuff.

My bloody Valentine- isn't anything was pretty good. I think if I get more familiar with the songs, I'll like it more.
7.5/10

Dropdead- s/t
Really excellent powerviolence. Highly recommended to fans of infest, napalm death
8/10

Momus- circus maximus
Maybe additional listenens will change my mind, but the opener is the best and the rest seems kinda filler -y. I think momus is just like Zappa in that they make great songs but rarely great albums. Not really a problem though.
7/10

Napalm death- scum
A huge deal but only at times was really as good as the music that came after it. You Suffer is obviously perfect. 7.5/10

Mercury Rev- boces
This was weird. Lots of parallels to modest mouse, an co, and nmh. This record has a really expert balance between inaccessible cool experimentation and accessible melody. I need to hear this one again, but I already love a couple of the songs (dunno the names)
8+/10
>>
>>73262491
Glad you liked Boces dude. "Something For Joey" is probably my favorite song ever, or at least in my top 10
>>
>>73262510
I don't know the names, I just streamed the full thing on youtube. The second(?) song and the second to last(?) were my favorites
>>
>>73262558
>2nd to last song
whatta banger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Lx0o47K2I
>>
>>73262577
OK so it wasn't that one
Still a great piece though
>>
do signposts count when they ask you to select signs in the captcha

>>73262400
on relisten, yeah, except for the end it all sort of blurs together.

>>73262491
sup
>>
>>73262606
i don't think so. i don't select them and here i am
i litteraly always have to do it at least twice tho so idk
>>
File: statue16.jpg (56KB, 586x879px) Image search: [Google]
statue16.jpg
56KB, 586x879px
===jimmy vs natking===

>Moodymann - Moodymann
>Detroit Funk+House+Soul+Techno

More funk than house, but it's really good. Dixon can manipulate his voice to be smokey or sleek, and it's great enough to be continuously resampled over the tracks without being tiring.

The cover is deceiving, since the album was released just 3 years ago-- even with the jazz drums replacing the thumping bass for house at some points, the modern production gives the older genres here a glossy finish. Too bad the B-side wasn't as fun or engaging.

I'm reminded Mortal Love Orchestra, as both have a musician looking back with fondness towards previous generations of music. Much like Multi-Love, this album is a fun callback, to house at its roots.

lmao at lana del ray being on here tho

6/10

>Essra Mohawke - Primordial Lovers
>Singer/Songwriter

Not sure why I find this painfully boring, even with wild singing on tracks like I'll Give it to You Anyway. Can't think of anymore to say other than: this is dated. Or that it's Tim Buckley but without a good voice.

4/10

===yamir vs post feelist===

This is a dank meme because I'm putting up a single to a compilation

>Tall Dwarfs - Hello Cruel World
>Lo-Fi Indie Rock/Pop

Never heard of "Dunedin Sound", but this is a really quaint selection of EPs. You'd mistake it for a punk album in the first minutes, if it wasn't for the colorful instrument selection, details like spoken transitions, and the lyrics. It's got a lot of charm, and feels oddly personal at times. Almost exactly what I'd want a freak folk album to be.

7/10

>Paula Temple - Colonized
>Industrial Techno

LMFAO's "Shots" partially ruined this song for me but that's on me

Nothing crazy from this here "Industrial Techno" besides abrasive beats. The climax on the Perc Metal Mix sounds like an awkward mishap during a live performance.

And why haven't you listened to Temple's Deathvox EP? It improves on this base sound that Temple established for herself with this single.

6/10
>>
File: NoRestrictionsAccel.png (4MB, 3190x3536px) Image search: [Google]
NoRestrictionsAccel.png
4MB, 3190x3536px
>>73262689
===Tuco vs nyart===

>Lee Noble - No Becoming
>Ambient, Psych Folk

Aside from the 9/10 cover art, this is some fine, lonely guitar and synth drone, with some ghostly vocals. There's a really nice screeching noise that comes in on Paradise Life, that makes me imagine some young animal crying out for its mother-- all this behind synth work that sounds vageuly like Oneohtrix Point Never.

The latter half of this album never reaches the peaks that the first few tracks do, though. Them, and Laced.

6/10

>The Motifs - Cross Paths
>Twee/Dream Pop, itsa girl w/guitar

"co would like this"
>8/10
"of course"

Has the same stripped down singer/songwriting aspects as his recent recc (wished bone - pseudio recordings), but there's small details that bring this beyond aimless yearnings. The singer's self-supplied backing voices, quiet features of other instruments like recorders, keyboards and tambourines, and small touches of production, and the crunchy vinyl filter completes the album. That, and the songs don't all sound like the same ones I'd hear from anyone who wanted to play guitar.

If pseudio recordings was sitting outside on a porch one night, this compilation is like memories of a getaway to nowhere in the country, with a friend you can't remember.

8/10

========

jimmy, post-feelist, nyar advance
>>
>>73262697
What were your thoughts on Rubber Cage? I couldn't find a review for it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSOtIHUJbjk
>>
>>73262606
>sup
How are you buddy? Life good? Still making music? What are your favorite songs you've heard since we last talked?

>>73262697
Hooray I'm glad you liked it. Cross paths is nearly perfect to me.
>>
>>73262840
i haven't heard this in forever
>>
>>73262815
oopsies

====stick vs Jesz====

>The Work - Rubber Cage
>Post Punk, Experimental Rock

The variety of percussion and samples used is surprisingly solid for a punk album. Saxaphones, guitars, keyboards, clarinet, horns and samples all make appearances-- Hodgkinson's vocal delivery is plain for punk, but not condescending in an irritating way. The band does play with rhythms a bit, but remembers to melodically engage the listener.

Very good for its time, underrated for sure. Punk with a moderate dose of chaos.

Fav tracks: 1992, Coloured Water

7+/10

>Oppenheimer Analysis - New Mexico
>Synthpop, Minimal Synth

Maybe one of the olderst iterations of Darkwave-- and I really enjoy the choice of synths on this. What's most striking about this album is its clear theme: the Cold War

The lyrics easily reflect the fear and uncertainty on the song Men in White Coats, "We know what is best for you/run just one more test on you/We know what we're doing, dont we?" Radiance directly references J. Robert Oppenheimer, one of the creators of the Atomic bomb known for his famous "I am become Death" quote. Other songs reference the Red Scare, the past+future of the atomic bomb, and the great uncertainty that the public felt following World War II.

The contrast between the retro synths and its dark subject matter is always an easy and interesting way to be both accessible and though provoking. The music itself isn't anything crazy for being Minimal Wave, but they serve their purpose well. If only it didn't feel like its songs were repeating themselves.

7/10

I'm going to have to choose Stick, for being more musically proficient and engaging.
>>
>>73262847
don't know when we last talked, but as far as stuff this year is concerned, i'm losing my mind over all the good tunes coming out--The National single, and the new Alex G, Fleet Foxes, Mountain Goats, and Richard Dawson, are all on my mind. I've been getting more into Beach House, Real Friends, Vic Chesnutt, Centro-Matic, Lambchop, and (of all things) Mr. Bungle lately. i've been listening to Pet Sounds a whole lot more, too, and in general just spending some more time with the classics. so i'm sort of all over the place, but CURRENTLY i'm freaking out because of the new iron & wine single <3

and yeah i'm still making music. i released that EP in march if you haven't heard it and i'm just slowly chipping away at bigger things right now. it's kinda stressed me out too much so i've been taking a bit of a break but there is still constant forward motion.

oh and 22, A Million and Okkervil River's Away are probably both in my top 10 or 20 records now

what abt u bb
>>
File: YoungFathersDead.jpg (196KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
YoungFathersDead.jpg
196KB, 1200x1200px
this is actually p good but i think it's a pop album in disguise

Need reccs from following people:

lamb
stick
ricebeanseggs
post-feelist
jimmy jazz
nyarlathotep
borzoi
EthyBoy

>>73262847
:)

>>73263121
>oh and 22, A Million and Okkervil River's Away are probably both in my top 10 or 20 records now
>22, A Million

thats silly who would like that album
>>
>>73263157
Yeah, Young Fathers are totally a pop group masquerading as a hip-hop group. WMABMT doubled down on the poppier elements of Dead and was actually a quality experimental-pop album, worth a listen (if you haven't already).

I hope they expand on some of the gospel elements of Only God Knows on their next album. It's an incredible single.
>>
>>73263121
Sounds great. I'll have to hear that iron & wine.
Lambchop? Nice. Nixon and Is A Woman are amazing records.
I need to hear that fleet foxes.
Link me to your music, I still never heard it.

I'm doing good, I got to see Jens Lekman, Sondre Lerche, and insect warfare in concert this year, Sondre and Jens put out new records. I couldn't ask for a better year music wise, and it looks like King Krule and Death Grips are also closing in on new records. 2017 could be perfect. recently I'm getting into Momus, as well as grime and powerviolence music. But I've taken a huge break from music listening. Putting lots of time into making art. Oh! Grim- Maha has been a recent fave, too.
>>
>>73263157
Young fathers are good, have you heard their mixtapes?
>>
File: IMG_2467.png (8KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2467.png
8KB, 120x120px
>>73263218
>listed as Indietronica on RYM
Well I guess you're right about they're shift in direction

The hooks on their debut are pretty crazy too. Am I Not Your Boy could be any R&B song but fuuuuuck
>>
>>73263359
It's better than the made-up genre designation might suggest, trust me. Especially the tracks Shame, Rain or Shine, and Get Started.
>>
>>73263348
Wishlisted, though I'm not sure what to expect

>>73262400
This post is correct
>>
>>73254903
all good
>>73256666
>>73256685
I've heard bork, cardigans, muslimgauze, ferrer & roach w/ hassan
you might wanna change those
>>
>>73263337
new jens is great, wasn't that last year though? haven't heard the others but new death grips and KK naturally has me pumped. but yeah man i took a break too desu, everything just stopped sounding good for a while including my own stuff. what are daily's thoughts on writing melodies and not being stuck with the same melodic progressions every time?

here's the EP, 1999band.bandcamp.com boi

>>73263157
i feel ironically attacked
>>
>>73263090
Ahhh, I'm happy you liked it! This was exciting
>>
>>73263930
I've actually had that album sitting on my computer for a while now, but I'm glad you picked it. Really cool topic to base an album around.

Also my review has so much grammar errors lmao kms

>>73263399
i apparently like "indietronica" according to rym anyway, I'll listen to it regardless of the tag
>>
>>73263157
Up against Time Machines, hmmm...

Cluster - Cluster II
>>
File: Cover.jpg (787KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
787KB, 1000x1000px
couldn't really get into them before but i'm probably gonna go around proclaim this as the greatest thing ever made a few weeks down the line
>>
>>73265394
[spoiler] I've got a penis that will rip through the very fabric of time [/spoiler]
>>
>>73265445
Good post.
>>
>>73265458
: ) thants
>>
>>73261711
Been reading it since 2014, I got my wallaceitis from /lit/ actually. Infinite Summer (which I guess is about starting a new one right?)

>>73263090
>The music itself isn't anything crazy for being Minimal Wave
It's not a genre known for musical prowess, most bands were a bunch of amateurs punching buttons on synths. But DAMN if he can't write a damn catchy chorus and some great lyrics.
>>
File: jim.png (30KB, 124x133px) Image search: [Google]
jim.png
30KB, 124x133px
>>
>>73265853
same
>>
File: morton feldman.jpg (91KB, 495x594px) Image search: [Google]
morton feldman.jpg
91KB, 495x594px
>>73265853
>>
File: tony.png (30KB, 124x133px) Image search: [Google]
tony.png
30KB, 124x133px
>>73265871
>>
>>73263448
did you like bork cardigans and muslimgauze? I could recommend different albums from them, but it'd be kinda useless if you hated them
>>
>>73266021
no no yes
i've heard a bunch of muslimgauze already though
>>
File: This is a chart.jpg (1MB, 2000x1441px) Image search: [Google]
This is a chart.jpg
1MB, 2000x1441px
Think I might abandon this and make a new one (shocker right)
Pick things that should go on the next chart.

Also score update, if you want thoughts ask or whatever
>>
>>73266160
Also why the fuck does fish dislike Chunga's Revenge, that's a dang good album that there is
>>
>>73266100
cool i get some alternatives when i get home from work
>>
File: bout to eat this capsicum yo.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bout to eat this capsicum yo.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
recc for new chart
>>
>>73266332
i recommend you finish >>73266160 nerd
>>
>>73266160
why would you abandon that dumbo it has good stuff
>>
File: stop.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>73266513
Waaay burntout
might be a symptom of having nothing to do now
>>
>>73266538
So do a theme chart maybe? O do a tourney!
>>
>>73266332
Think you might like:
Siena Root - Different Realities
>>
Time for backlog purge chart. First 25 go in, have in mind some of those I have already heard I just need to give them ratings or listen to it in full with attention.
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Adrianovaz2007/wishlist
>>
Jim O'Rourke - Eureka = the sound of realizing your lonely feelings went away and you're ok with solitude
>>
File: IMG_4147.png (98KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4147.png
98KB, 1334x750px
>>73266606
At least 2 of these
>>
>>73262697
so
any restriction or something
>>
>>73266636
I have Wilson in my backlog? Ugh, why I did add that?
>>
>>73262697
if none then
Amnesia Scanner - AS ep
>>
>>73266160
RDJ and Boris need to go to the next chart.
>>
>>73266160
jazz composer's orchestra is a must too
>>
File: This is a chart.jpg (1MB, 2000x1441px) Image search: [Google]
This is a chart.jpg
1MB, 2000x1441px
>>73266868
Oh hey I listened to Richard D James Album today, forgot to rate
So, this is a lot better sounding at 33.3rpm, It's a lot more spacious and ambienty, you can really get a sense of the amount of work that went into it, I'm conflicted on giving this a rating though because the standard version has it's own attractions, it's more upbeat and all that.
It good in short.
>>
>>73266958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWqf17mUyoQ&t=49s

just so people know what the fuck I'm on about
totally different vibe
also quoted from the description apparently Aphex said this: "Many of my tracks are better if you play them at 33 rpm. I have never denied that. That’s also why my pieces are so short: you can only press them onto maxi singles if they are short at 45 rpm. If they go for too long, then they don’t fit onto the vinyl—and then you can’t play them slower. That’s also the real reason why my album ended up so short. Buy it on vinyl. Instead of 33 minutes, you actually get 45, you understand? And there you have it, an album of standard length."
>>
>>73266958
Wait did you listen to it at a lower speed or are you referring to a specific pressing?
>>
>>73266981
>>73266995
I listened to it at regular speed and a special version uploaded to youtube at 33RPM, ultimately I'd say 33RPM is the better version
>>
>>73267007
Hey that sounds interesting, I'll try the slower version
>>
File: event horizon the necessaries.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
event horizon the necessaries.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
hey /daily/
did you know that arthur russell was in a band with the bassist of the modern lovers where they sung vocal duties, and they released a jangle pop album that fucking rules?
just going by the ratings on rym there seems to be a lot of people who like arthur russell that don't know this exists. give it a listen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VskSobwOwE
>>
>>73262689
if you liked that tall dwarves album and wanna check out some more dunedin sound, you should definitely check out
>the clean - boodle boodle boodle
>>
File: What does DNA stand for.jpg (52KB, 560x341px) Image search: [Google]
What does DNA stand for.jpg
52KB, 560x341px
>>73266606
Anyone else?
>>
>>73267995
Your backlog is so huge

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/clarence-clarity/no-now-3/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/swans/the_burning_world/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/danny-brown/atrocity-exhibition-1/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/%E5%A1%8A%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%AB%E3%83%86%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A2%E9%AD%82__katamari_fortissimo_damacy_/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/sun-city-girls/torch-of-the-mystics/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/seasick-steve/dog-house-music-1/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/can/future-days-1/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/unwound/leaves_turn_inside_you/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/and_so_i_watch_you_from_afar/heirs/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/pertti_kurikan_nimipaivat/kuus_kuppia_kahvia_ja_yks_kokis/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/current_93/all_the_pretty_little_horses/
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (52KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
52KB, 480x360px
Recommend some "friday night mothafucka" music
>>
>>73261711
i just felt like i had to
im sad now that i've finished it
>>73268238
elton john saturday
>>
File: 763.png (94KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
763.png
94KB, 200x225px
How the fuck did people notice so fast that I was using RYM again?
>>
>>73268238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
you did this to yourself
(get memed on, son)
>>
>>73268351
This is a good post. I will play this later, on loud volume, when people start moving outside to get to pubs and what not.
>>
>>73266606
Jessica Pratt - on your own love again

That angels of light record is good too but really you just need to hear untitled love song from that. So amazing
>>
>>73268186
There's a lot of "I have this on my HD but I either haven't finished listening to it or I haven't rated it" stuff.
>>
>>73263157
The books - the lemon of pink
>>
>>73266606
Nine spots to go, anything else?
>>
>>73268475
Steven Wilson, niBBa
>>
>>73268475
385 - 人間
Angles 9 - Disappeared Behind the Sun
Deakin - Sleep Cycle
Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol. 2
>>
>>73268475
the ascension
>>
>>73268539
>>73268549
Added, now four more

>>73268526
You said pick two, I picked two :^)
>>
the new incendiary album is amazing. I'm calling it as hardcore album of the year. it's called 'thousand mile stare.' crank it up and get in the pit, you pussy.
>>
>>73268475
Bogalji
Grazhdanskaya Oborona
Egor i Opizdenevshie
>>
File: IMG_1901.jpg (26KB, 504x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1901.jpg
26KB, 504x391px
>>73268405
I know that feel

I haven't even picked only albums I liked, I chose a few that some other trips here would possibly want to see your opinion on
>>
>>73268576
This is your own bandcamp garbage that you want people to buy, isn't it?
>>
>>73268567
I'm a different guy, do Steven Wilson lol
>>
File: tons of sushi.jpg (341KB, 810x768px) Image search: [Google]
tons of sushi.jpg
341KB, 810x768px
>>73268888
nice quads bro, but the quads don't speak truth this time. i'm from new england. this band is from new york.
>>
File: Backlog Purge 1.jpg (1MB, 1319x924px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog Purge 1.jpg
1MB, 1319x924px
Done, what should I start with? I'm already listening to Fetch, I was scrolling through my library and remembered I haven't rated any melt-banana besides Scratch or Stitch I think.

>>73268607
>I chose a few that some other trips here would possibly want to see your opinion on
Hey that's a good way to pick them. Also forces me to at least write a paragraph or two about the albums.

>>73268894
Ugh okay.
>>
>>73268979
Sun City Girls and Future Days are personal favorites, do those ones first

this is a very good chart in general though, Burning World Swans is underrated Swans
>>
File: cover.jpg (227KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
227KB, 500x500px
Miles Davis – On the Corner ( Columbia, 1972)

I still can’t understand the fact that this was Miles Davis’ attempt to reach a younger audience. Of course, I wasn’t born in ’72 and wouldn’t know what the cultural climate looked like, but I have a hard time seeing Stockhausen’s influences leading to any greater record sales. While this certainly draws from funk, it’s not what that kind of popular music at the time sounded like, by far. It’s no wonder audiences panned it at the time of release, but I would’ve been embarrassed if I were a critic and had done the same, which many critics did.
The instrumentation is great, and there’s a huge variety on display, but only a few instruments at the time, which is excellent. Davis doesn’t even trumpet that much, but it’s still very fine, he’s good with the organ as well. The loops and repetitions, part of which is done as studio production, really founds this otherwise wild record solidly. While many improvisations are simplistic, consisting of only few notes repeated in various patterns, it still works well because the rhythms are so everchanging. This, in combination with the constantly shifting in and out of the various ensembles throughout, makes from some amazing development from start to finish.
There’s not a moment on this record that isn’t great, and I still love it.
>>
>>73268319
What is it?
Add me: ~echandl2
>>
>>73269265
~mecoptera

But I got nervous and removed everything again.
>>
>>73263157
Young father's are great. They're not very disguised though, they actually put stickers on their last record telling stores to put them in rock/pop sections rather than hip hop
>>
>>73263157
Cocteau Twins - Blue Bell Knoll
>>
>>73269106
Tuco my friend is that a fucking Lambada cover on Sun City Girls??
>>
File: 1484344704597.jpg (16KB, 281x349px) Image search: [Google]
1484344704597.jpg
16KB, 281x349px
I'm playing Horizontal Hold on public radio

Music for this feel?
>>
File: Cheeky Plank.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cheeky Plank.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
>>73269939
This Heat - Horizontal Hold?
>>
Doopees - Doopee Time

If every somg was like Doopee Time this could have been much much better. You see i understand that this is more of a concept album, which means that the almost absurd variations of style were exclusively tp accentuate the plot. And i mean that's cool, cause in a way it made it so that all of these styles sounded cohesive. But even then i still think that they should have just done a greatly produced pop album or a semi-standard plunderphonics album. Nonetheless, i think it was a very cool experience and i like the originality of it. But i don't see myself listening to much from this again.
6.5/10
>>
>>73269939
Beck - Loser
>>
File: IMG_20170609_135417.jpg (708KB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170609_135417.jpg
708KB, 3136x1996px
>>73270037
>>
>>73269962
thanks I never thought of that

>>73270043
that song plays in my head 24/7 t b h
>>
>>73269801
maybe
>>
File: IMG_2568.jpg (29KB, 337x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2568.jpg
29KB, 337x253px
Can anyone recc me albums with male falsettos

>>73270054
I actually forgot this tourney existed
>>
can someone give me a link of fish tapes of fihsmems
>>73270080
yeah everyone does
whats the name of your album btw, i forgot
>>
>>73270080
fuckin forca bruta
>>
Why were the Residents so good in the 70's and early 80's but became pretty bad afterwards? Are there any albums after that point worth listening?
>>
>>73270538
God in Three Persons, it's a weird conceptual album about conjoined twins who operate miracles and the cowboy that is their agent.
>>
File: 1494811508322.png (3KB, 416x75px) Image search: [Google]
1494811508322.png
3KB, 416x75px
Hmm.
>>
>>73270419
Sorry I meant good male falsettos

>>73270100
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yosi-horikawa/vapor/

>>73270604
Do it
>>
>>73270628
>sorry i meant good male falsettos
how have i expected anything but stupidity from you, ever?
>>
>>73270604
is this the Residente album? cause if so then the tags are fitting
>>
>>73270638
I was actually basing it off of how 6/10 Africa Brasil was

Does he do it better on bruta
>>
>>73270693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UtLzmDYI8k
>>
>>73261728
hey
>>73261766
better than most of humanz
>>73266617
yep
>>
lads why is there there the best radiohead song and why is it on that album
>>
>>73270693
just listen to forca bruta my dude
>>
>>73270794
>that album
Have more respect for HTTT you heathen

And yeah There There is their best song
>>
File: 1488631188486.jpg (31KB, 466x402px) Image search: [Google]
1488631188486.jpg
31KB, 466x402px
Do you know any good 7.1 albums? I don't have a specific genre I favour but classic or electro would be nice, really anything is fine as long as it's 7.1 because I'm testing a new setup.
>>
>>73270054
GO FASTER
>>
>>73261775
Mum and dad oh mum and dad
>>
>>73271155
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/23151-all-this-i-do-for-glory/
:^)
>>
>>73265560
That's an old pic right?

>>73261775
Which track?
>>
>>73270604
Hmmm
>>
>>73270604
The fuck is this album
>>
>>73270604
What is this, some Sublime Frequencies comp?
>>
>>73271483
no, just more proof you can rap over literally anything
>>
How was the new Sufjan?
>>
>>73271573
more like Suf-yawn Stephens am I right
>>
>>73271192
haha
>>73270604
haha
>>
File: faust-faust.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
faust-faust.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
It's a cool album for sure and I need to listen to it more, but for those of you who love it, how much of that love comes from being amazed of how ahead of its time it was?
>>
>>73271792
That's only a small factor for me. Side A is brilliantly composed.
>>
>>73271792
It comes from the fact that it's fuccing fun as heck tbqh.
>>
>>73271792
I think as an "ahead of it's time" album it's a bit overrated for 1971. See: Zappa, Silver Apples, Red Krayola, TVU, Magma, Can, Amon Düül, etc.

However, I love it not because of its innovation, but moreso because of its really well-structured rock pieces.
>>
>>73271895
all of that sounds like it came from the stoneage compared to faust
>>
>>73271895
Hi fish. Do you have a link to this big southeast asian music comp you posted about a while ago ?
>>
>>73271909
lmao nah. I love Faust but nearly every experimental element in it can be found a few years earlier in Zappa's discog.
>>
>>73271860
>>73271894
Meadow Meal is probably my favorite track for those reasons.

>>73271895
Yeah I liked when they broke out into more traditional rock pieces, those were well done.
>>
>>73271951
this one?
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/longing_for_the_past__the_78_rpm_era_in_southeast_asia/

no mega link, but it's very easy to find on slsk just searching the name.
>>
>>73272010
Yep that's the one. I don't have access to slsk over the w-e but I can live without it until monday. thanks
>>
>>73270604
believe me the sub tags are a bit unnecessary, most of those only last 2 minutes or one song. they all fit perfectly though, its a magnificent album and my aoty
>>
File: Backlog Purge 1.jpg (985KB, 1319x924px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog Purge 1.jpg
985KB, 1319x924px
Why can't more songs on Torch be like Radar 1941 and Esoterica of Abyssynia? Also I swear to God that chorus riff is also inspired by another song.

What next?
>>
>>73272342
angels of light and unwound
then c93 and drop the chart nothing else there is good
>>
>>73272364
>c93
>good
lel
>>
>>73272364
>not liking Serbian musique concrete folk
Tupac will never save you at this rate.
>>
>>73272439
go to sleepy little baby
>>
File: zaneshampaishared.png (4MB, 2200x2228px) Image search: [Google]
zaneshampaishared.png
4MB, 2200x2228px
Next chart~

Will be starting to go through this with shamepai, up to 3 charts at once but the dailycore one will be finished soon.

What's good on here?
>>
>>73272487
nothing drop the chart
>>
File: DailyTOPAccel.png (2MB, 3168x756px) Image search: [Google]
DailyTOPAccel.png
2MB, 3168x756px
>>73272487
>Cornell Lab of Ornithology - Voices of North American Owls
>owl

so i actually sat down and listened to all of this

this is the worst kpop album ive ever heard

Standouts:
>Owl, Barn - Territorial scream, wing-clap
the wing clap really completes it
>Owl, Flammulated - Male bark
a young intern imitated the sound because they were unable to actually obtain it
>Screech-Owl, Western - Bouncing ball song, double trill song
very pleasant overall
>Screech-Owl, Eastern - Food delivery at nest
I think the bird hits the mic or something but the variety is welcome
>Screech-Owl, Whiskered - Copulation
furries
>Owl, Great Horned - Female wac-wac call, bill-clap, male hoot
I love improv percussion
>Owl, Snowy - Unidentified call
a small choking elderly woman
>Owl, Great Gray - Male territorial hoot
The first actual "hoo" heard in this album if i'm thinking correctly
>Pygmy-Owl, Ferruginous - Male primary advertising song
Oh superman

8/10
>>
>>73272487
did not mean to reply

i literally know only one album on that chart
>>
>>73272487
i see at least 2 potential zane 10/10s
>>
>>73272576
lmao

which
>>
>>73272475
shocking the only decent song on that album is a cover
>>
>>73272537
this is good
>>73272576
so 3/10s?
>>
>>73272487
You'll probably like the meme Jew Death Industrial record.

Also that Nitsch album is four hours long, extremely edgy, but it is interesting. If you like it (I think you will), you might be glad to know he released an album that is 50 hours of basically the same thing.

The Godspeed bootleg is the best music under their name out there; take that as you will.

Shamepai will hate most of it because it isn't Japanese.
>>
>>73272594
duos for doris and fushitsusha
>>
>>73272594
duos for doris
>>
File: seals with guns (1).jpg (18KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
seals with guns (1).jpg
18KB, 590x350px
>>73272599
delete your comments now
>>
>>73272616
>>73272646
>duos for doris
this is false
>>
>>73270054
Though I know this is gonna take years to finish (just like any of my tourneys lamo) but pls do Spitz asap.
>>
>>73272685
it's right up your alley
perfect amount of poseur cred, edginess, and narrative behind it
>>
>>73272613
like half the chart is japanese
do ypu really think i wouldn't add a bunch of jap music?
>>73272695
i will lad
>>73272487
zane lad, idk about you but i'm hitting that mofocking regis comp because regis makes me cum
or maybe that 14th generation hanako san pf the toilet
>>
>>73272703
this is all correct
just wait it's emotionally heavy
>>
>>73272703
>>73272760
no I mean i listened to it already and it's not a 5/5 but i'm waiting to get a dl of the 1st album to post my thoughts on it
>poseur cred
>edginess
sounds about right
>>73272720
don't go out of order >:-[ also hurry up with that 1st album
>>
>>73272487
Oh, and if the pink thing is 0, that's also breddy gud, but you hate folk so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: jrzpany.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jrzpany.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>73272774
fuck order my shades are gucci
>>
File: 1496722979401.png (43KB, 208x273px) Image search: [Google]
1496722979401.png
43KB, 208x273px
>>73272785
>0
>by ichiko aoba
>ichiko aoba is a japanese artist
>ichiko aoba is a folk japanese artist
>ichiko aoba is an avant folk japanese artist
>ichiko aoba is a cute avant folk japanese artist
>ichiko aoba is a cute girl avant folk japanese artist
new 5.0 confirmed
>>
File: Jason Foster Wallace 7.png (470KB, 800x603px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Foster Wallace 7.png
470KB, 800x603px
>>73272342
Sir do you rate out of 10 or out of 5
also come back to it at some point, it's a sneaky one that one is
>>
>>73272853
Out of 5 I ain't no p4k. Also idk I was never a big fan of the strumming guitars kind of psych rock most of the tracks have also the vocal delivery was kinda meh? It's the second time I tried Torch actually, it's one of the "I already had this one but haven't rated it yet".
>>
File: 1490811192228.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490811192228.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>73272836
The live "0%" is also worth a listen, but I hold the unpopular opinion of it being inferior to the studio takes.
>>
>>73272884
6/10
I'm happy with that, means you didn't hate it outright
I like it because it's a heap of fun really, no other reason, first heard it in Bali and it blew my fucking mind, it fit the aesthetic there also
>>
>>73272915
i hold the unpopular opinion that i gave 0% a 4.0 or something like that. Yeah Ichiko is great altho taku unami and moe kamura do that style of folk music better in Hontatedori. Nikaido Kazumi and Reiko Kudo are the best japanese avant folk women, but Ichiko is good too
>>
>>73272971
I'll probably like it more if I don't pay that much attention,
if I focus too much on it it feels so damn meandering.

That being said, why the hell hasn't Gira recorded more Neofolk albums??
Burning World is as beautiful as I remember, that man can do no wrong
>>
>>73272981
wait till you hear Douji Morita which I rec'd ya for the tourney
>>
>>73273009
You should check out World of Skin and Drainland, albums produced during the 90s
>>
File: 14.png (227KB, 741x839px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
227KB, 741x839px
>>73261721
I'm probably going to get killed for saying this though Nick Cave sounds kinda like a male Shakira (with that weird thing he does with his voice that sounds like he's got something stuck in his throat). Only listened to the Birthday Party thus far granted though I can't stop noticing it.

>>73272487
What do all of the boxes mean? I remember seeing one of these before where the album covers were 10 times tackier and looked fake.

>>73272342
Hey - this is a pretty cool idea! Ima make one of these.
>>
>>73273025
douji morita is a dude, dude. I'm already familiar with him, he is pretty cool. That one specific album i haven't listened to. You like Kazuki Tomokawa and Mibuki Furukawa? those 2 do some great fucking music, the kind that rips you apart.
>>
>>73273009
Also The Angels of Light, which is basically Gira and friends go acoustic
>>
>>73273025
oh and i was talking about the queens of japanese avant folk
the true god, the one above all in that genre is Daisuke Tobari and the one album i haven't listened to i added it to the chart
>>
>>73273057
>What do all of the boxes mean? I remember seeing one of these before where the album covers were 10 times tackier and looked fake.
The top thin box is just numbering them all so we know the evens are my recs and the odds are shamepais, and the two boxes under that are where we put our ratings

This was my first ever chart made completely by hand, i'm pretty surprised it didn't turn out like complete shit
>>
>>73273070
>douji morita is a dude, dude
uh, no check again

I like Kazuki Tomokawa and I've heard the name Mibuki Furukawa but I've yet to hear them. I'm actually not that well versed in japanese folk. I've pretty much only heard Ichiko Aoba the album I rec'd you. I need to delve deeper into it for sure. If you have any recs I'll wishlist them for my next chart.
>>
tfw wanna put books/films on a chart (for pseudo-intellectual, ingenuine reasons) but have neither the photo editing skill nor the desire to learn the photo editing skill

im a crisis of poserness
>>
>>73273236
>can't use mspaint
Lmaoing at your life
>>
>>73273236
>what is paint
>>
>>73273290
>>73273300
im a Macintosh TM user all rights reserved
>>
>>73273316
>what is photoshop or gimp
:^0
>>
>>73273332
those are severely complicated and i am literally unintelligent
>>
>>73273364
explains a lot :^)
>>
File: IMG_2596.jpg (70KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2596.jpg
70KB, 720x960px
>>73273316
>Mac
My turn to laugh at you

https://paintbrush.sourceforge.io
>>
>>73273148
>>73273148
jesus christ you are right. By her singing alone i thought it was an androgynous person and because of the pic on the album i listened to it just seemed like a guy to me. Kind of weird

if you want to get into **real** japanese folk music i can give you some recs like
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kimio_eto/art_of_the_koto__the_music_of_japan/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/goro_yamaguchi/a_bell_ringing_in_the_empty_sky/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/高橋竹山/津軽三味線__tsugaru_shamisen_/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/chieko_mori/jumping_rabbit/
>>
>>73273478
u g l y m a n
>>
File: IMG_2165.jpg (56KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2165.jpg
56KB, 600x338px
>>73273494
>>
File: Backlog.jpg (1MB, 1862x1928px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog.jpg
1MB, 1862x1928px
>>73261721
Decided to compile my backlog into a chart, its surprisingly big, significantly more so than I previously realized. How on Earth do you guys listen to so many albums? Being so obsessive about it I have to listen to each albums 20 times before I evaluate it and such. Though looking at it I'll probably die before I get close to finishing it, I couldn't even get fully through A-C.

>.< Uuuuuu what do I do?
>>
>>73273236
lol send me the chart with the albums and a list of the books/films and i'll make it for you
>>
>>73273531 >>73243584
>>
damn can is a fucking great band
>>
>>73273594
more news at 8
>>
>>73273578
Haha he is like a baby
>>
>>73273594
heeeeeey herbie
how've you been
>>
>>73273577
Autism.
>>
>>73273577
20 times? No, 2 times
>>
File: fish vs trip 2017.jpg (2MB, 1558x2700px) Image search: [Google]
fish vs trip 2017.jpg
2MB, 1558x2700px
I went through a good majority of the Pink Floyd catalog with a friend who hadn't heard anything by them and WYWH and Animals still hold up really well to me.

also

YO >>73273364 BITCH WE STILL DOING THIS?
>>
>>73273646
20 times for sure, each album in a bands discography unless they just get depressingly bad (e.g. Beach Boys, Pixies, Pop Group etc.)
>>
Also, I don't really care for the first half of Meddle but Echoes is a masterpiece for sure
>>
File: IMG_4145.jpg (45KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4145.jpg
45KB, 640x384px
>>73273577
Fuck that's got some good stuff on it
>>
File: IMG_4141.png (275KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4141.png
275KB, 750x1334px
>>73273687
Yikes
>>
File: 20170424_134441.jpg (127KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_134441.jpg
127KB, 720x1280px
>>73273625
hey rudeboi i've been doing great, excited for summer vacations and free time to spend in arts and music and whatnot, happy times
what about youuu
>>
>>73273654
oh shit yeah sorry i wasnt sure if you were still into it
>>73273438
liek what boi
>>73273478
oh
thanks
>>73273578
thats okay rudi i appreciate the offer though
also schubert quartet no.15 is some Good shit
>>
>>73273619
im talking like top three bands EVER..
>>
>>73273774
trip up i like it when you shit post
makes me wanna... *dabs*
>>
>>73273577
drop it no good

but do candlemass, bathory, sabbath, batushka and mingus
>>
>>73273821
yeah my shitposts really push the envelope of what can even be considered shitposts just by the fact of that nothing i ever say is coherent
>>
File: IMG_4139.jpg (199KB, 1118x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.jpg
199KB, 1118x615px
More like [B]orrilaz. So lackluster.

Time for a new category, Likely Cut. I doubt four other albums from this list will be worse.
>>
>>73273869
T H I S H E A T

>>73273577
What we post here is just premature evaluation. Also start with RDJ.
>>
>>73273869
How bout that [B]ahey tho

would be sicc if you did it

or do Cardiacs because I feel like that'd be an interesting listen for you
>>
>>73273577
Am album a day keeps you happy and gay

>>73273869
hehehe do Kanye

>>73273774
For real, just make a chart that looks like Comet but even worse
>>
>>73273855
dude after i finish the tourney and zane's chart we are doing a chart but since neither of us knoq how to use paint then it's gonna be a mess
>>
>>73268274
>>73265653
IMPORTANT: find someone who's read it to talk through the ending with you BEFORE you look online for answers, if it's not too late already.

IJ made me fall in love with the concept of humanity again, but yeah you get bummed out when it ends

>>73267131
this interests me tremendously

>>73266617
correct

>>73268979
listen to yankee first imo, or at least soon

>>73270739
i still love this boi (and agree, naturally)

>>73273478
at least he has his E.T. lookalike competitions (who is this man)

>>73273577
fuck uh

well one thing's for sure: You should WATCH La Planete sauvage, not just listen to the soundtrack.

otherwise my favorite record of all time is up there (I'm Wide Awake It's Morning) so listen to that one i guess
>>
>>73274038
>>73273577
in french without subtitles, then again with subtitles
>>
>>73274018
>we are doing a chart
yeah i dont know about tha-
>after i finish the tourney
oh yeah sure. i might be busy being dead at that point tho
>>73274038
i havent looked online for answers but im really tempted
also i've felt on the verge of crying all day today and i am empty inside
all because i finished it
>>
>>73273577
>20 times
You're a lot more autistic than anyone else here, but that probably gives you a better understanding of the music. Who knows, you might actually remember what something sounded like even after you've rated and archived it! Imagine that, huh!
>>
question: who's next in the listenalong and what did he pick?
>>
>>73274086
Yamir
Christmas Hip Hop
>>
>>73274064
honestly if you wanna talk it through i'm available, on Skype or w/e works for you
>>
File: IMG_4139.jpg (205KB, 1118x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.jpg
205KB, 1118x615px
>>73273940
Yeah I need to give Deceit a second listen
>>73273966
I'm skeptical about cardiacs
>>73274003
Nah I'm gonna try to do Swans or LRD this afternoon
Also fuck you my chart is a work of art

Hey look I added scores
>>
>>73274038
>>73274061
Didn't know it was a film, I'll look into it rockers.

>>73274003
Looks like that's starting to happen over time, really pounding away at the albums.

>>73274084
I do remember pretty much every album unless it just doesn't really engage me at all. I suppose there's that though eh.
>>
>>73274084
amusinc, interesting, very snarky comment
but i ask, what if exclusively listen to gabber and dubstep
what then bitch
it's impossible to forget drops and shit
>>73274064
siiick
the theme is gonna be "genres i am into that others aren't into", then you pick albums from stuff you are into that i am not and i do the same, pretty fun huh
>>
>>73274084
>You're a lot more autistic than anyone else here
I wouldn't say that lightly
>>
>>73274161
>but i ask, what if exclusively listen to gabber and dubstep
Then you've listened to the same album hundreds of times.
>>
>>73274038
SHIT I need to read I'm hyped af. Also curious about wtf that bit about ten pages in means after all, the bit where Hal and Gately are doing you know what.

And no it's not late I think, I just passed by those bits with Lenz and that one scene with Gately during the parking changing thing.

And yeah I'll do YHF soon.
>>
>>73274115
wew

wasn't he also the one who picked Shaq Diesel

true mememan I tell you that
>>73274152
for what reason exactly

if it's the whole "lel so whacky xd" meme I guess I can understand that but they're genuinely an interesting and fun band if you don't mind a little bit of circus vibes

or do you have some sort of other reason that isn't the whole whacky meme
>>
File: IMG_4139.jpg (205KB, 1118x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.jpg
205KB, 1118x615px
>>73274221
It's the wacky meme. I'll try to suspend, knowing how inaccurate other memes are (USA circus meme)

Hey look the colors for the scores match
>>
>>73274221
and snuff jazz
never forget
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXgpdHT_MY

does /mu/ rate this song?
>>
Gorillaz more like shit
>>
>>73274303
GOOD point
>>
>>73274252
so what're you gonna do next my dude

Deceit like AnBro suggested would be a good picc if I do say so meself

I think Fahey would easily be at least a 4 tho so idk

thoughts on Blister in the Sun btw?

I don't like the rest of that Violent Femmes album that much but boy do I love Blister in the Sun
>>73274269
oh yeah

what a legend
>>
>>73274303
What the fuck did you just say about my daddy, you little bitch? I’ll have you know he graduated top of his class in the Navy Daddies , and he's been involved in numerous secret raids on my little pu$$y, and he has given me over 300 confirmed cummies. He is trained in sexual warfare and he is the top squirter in the entire US bedroom forces. You are nothing to him but just another slut. He will fuck you the fuck up⬆with powerthe likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, markmy fucking words. You think you can get away with saying shit about my daddy over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of daddies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the cummy storm, maggot. The cummy storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your pu$$y. You’re fucking dead, bitch. My daddies can be anywhere, anytime, and they can fuck you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with their fingers and tongues. Not only are they extensively trained in bareback intercourse, but they have access to the entire arsenal of the sex closet in my dungeon and they will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable asshole off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down⬇ upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. My daddies will squirt cummies all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, bitch
>>
>>73274283
>does /mu/ rate this song

the fuck you mean faggot
>>
>>73274215
oh god well I'm not gonna spoil but i would like to pointedly restate what i said before; when you finish, go to a real human being, not the internet. but it sounds like you've got a decent amount of time (fucking lenz, lol)

i would like to humbly suggest exploring Jason Molina (Songs: Ohia)'s catalogue as well if you haven't--records like Magnolia Electric Co. feel like they're coming from the same place as that book in some ways. Yankee will also be a great fit.

>>73274084
>>73274168
i'm pretty sure i'm objectively the most autistic person here, also is this the same hampus from when i was posting or is this a batman beyond type deal

>>73274159
it's a GREAT film. you might wanna be high when you watch it but that's entirely a matter of preference--it's that kind of experience though.
>>
>>73274388
>go to a real human being
Well shit that's gonna be a bit hard I'm the only one in my friend group reading it.
>>
>>73274388
>i'm pretty sure i'm objectively the most autistic person here
How many times do you listen to each album?

>also is this the same hampus from when i was posting or is this a batman beyond type deal
Literally what
>>
>>73274328
>>73274328
Well I thought I had time for LRD or Swans In one sitting but that doesn't look true so I guess whatever, maybe Deceit or fahey or exuma

It's ok but I prefer kiss off and add it up
>>
>>73274064
o hey ye download the thing
https://missmiracle.bandcamp.com/yum
83dj-bqgd

been away, but saw your post requesting.
>>
>>73274470
thank you very much
>>73274134
that's okay
my dad read it tho im not sure he remembers the details
i'll try to discuss it w him
>>
>>73274419
you've got the squad tho

when i finished it i talked to one of my professors about it and when bersain (givingbear) finished it we talked on the phone for like 4 hours about it

my Skype is common knowledge around here so feel free to message me or something if no one else is around

>>73274441
no i mean i'm actually autistic, if you were the real hampus you'd know that

though i mean if i like it 20 certainly isn't unreasonable

>>73274527
[thumbs up emoji]
>>
>>73274443
yay

I don't get all the hype behind LRD so much desu. '77 Live is fun and interesting but it's more "wow this is from that time!" than "wow these songs are mindblowing!" for me. SFTB is sicc tho. Definitely wait till you have the time to do it in one sitting.
>>
>>73274570
I'll try but fuck I didn't realize it was 2:20 wtf is that
Better be worth it
>>
>>73274546
>no i mean i'm actually autistic, if you were the real hampus you'd know that
How the fuck would I know that?
>>
>>73273654
:o would u care to elaborate your feelings?

It helps with future projects.
>>
>>73274546
Sure thing bud you and trip up will hear from me when I finish it.
>>
>>73271246
Rage
>>
>>73274720
>>
>>73274804
>>73274620
Answer!
>>
File: thumbs-up.png (37KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up.png
37KB, 256x256px
>>73274720
>>73274804
>>73274826

hmmm
>>
File: delete this.png (24KB, 591x168px) Image search: [Google]
delete this.png
24KB, 591x168px
>>73274840
>>
>>73273488
To be fair I thought the same thing.

Thanks for the recs. I've heard Takahashi already actually, but I wishlisted the rest.
>>
>>73274627
wait, that's you? Shit man nice. I really liked the use of texture, tangible atmosphere + overall dark vibe. The tracks with more easily identifiable progression like "Let Down Your Pain" and "Walk On, War" were much more enjoyable than the ones that felt a bit needlessly repetitive.

It was a few days ago that I heard it though. I'd have to listen to it again in order to give you more specific thoughts.
>>
File: backlogchart2.jpg (2MB, 4000x2238px) Image search: [Google]
backlogchart2.jpg
2MB, 4000x2238px
how does it look
>>
>>73275005
no good
drop the chart
>>
>>73274916
what are these offbrand black-border emoji

>>73275005
fuck yeah white noise
>>
>>73275033
have you read Underworld? it was my fav book pre-IJ, now im unsure of any literary opinions
>>73275019
s i like you i really do
>>
>>73275005
Eraserhead and Mulholland Dr. are both great in my opinion; however, I can't say I care very much for Blue Velvet but everyone else loves it. The Mirror is Tarkovsky's most abstract and controversial work, it generally appeals more to the "soundtrack and cinematography are literally the only things that matter" crowd.

Infinite Jest and Ulysses are gonna give Tuco an erection.

Listen Kazma Kazma already, I'm suffering from onion withdrawal.
>>
>>73275033
How the fuck are you autistic?
>>
>>73272487
doris
pica pica
olveros
>>73273577
aphex twin, beck, black eyes, bjork,car seat headrest, and mingus are all good.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
Shit did I just find another 10? There's seriously not a bad song on this thing. Plus, its use of progression/misdirection is stellar. Idk if it'll really end up as a 10 but a VERY high rec either way.
>>
>>73275199
Fuck yes

Novos Baianos sicc af and Brasil Pandeiro is the greatest song to ever come out of Brazil imfo

relistening rn desu
>>
>>73274252
I'm getting more nervous about my pick the more I see your scores :/

>>73275005
Boy this is gonna be a fun chart. All those Lynch movies are awesome, reminds me that I should check out The Mirror. Or at least Stalker

>>73275199
Yeah I just checked that out the other day and it's fantastic. Might be 10 worthy, it's ridiculously consistent.
>>
>>73275055
i have not! but i'm well aware of it. i'm inching through As I Lay Dying right now, and reading Lolita next probably, but upon completion i'll try to snag a copy and get to it when I can.

>>73275159
i know right
HFA but firmly diagnosed. can't read faces, often miss social cues, the works. i'm the rare case that is self-aware enough to compensate and thus it's largely not noticeable, but if you'd seen me in like 8th grade it'd be a different story.

>>73275199
this looks fucking incredible based on the cover what does it sound like
>>
>>73275005
2 mux good musiqe
>>73275019
you know what else doesn't look good?
ur face lmao
and your height
the spanoard manlet
>>
File: collage.jpg (606KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
606KB, 1250x1250px
What's everyone's week been like? I've been on kind of a Buckley/folk binge as of late
>>
>>73275513
t.pedophile
>>
File: 51jqs5sJQYL._SS500.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51jqs5sJQYL._SS500.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>73261721
Found this album from someone else here on /mu/ and fell in love. Very refreshing. Fans of Coil, Haxan Cloak, etc should enjoy. Very high production value.
>>
>>73275570
t.manlet
(chances are you are taller than me cuz dogwander is a giant)
>>
File: templ.png (465KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
templ.png
465KB, 1732x1732px
LISTENALONG TIME! with a footnote from yours truly <3

Prince of Denmark - To the Fifty Engineers
>minimal techno, ambient techno
>no, it's not a shortened version of 8 it's more lo-fi and ambient
>if gas made good music it might sound like this

LISTEN:
>download it off soulseek you lazy nerd

>youtube playlist with the full EP
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1ntfXx-b2MyfrG6imheeB4rIocrREOOM
>>
File: collage.jpg (553KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
553KB, 1250x1250px
>>73275522
don't really scrobble from my phone so there's not much here (unless you count all the separate artists from the boring ass footwork comp on my collage)

>Deja Vu
Haven't listened but I think Our House is a great song

thoughts on that tune?
>>
>>73275198
Gonna get to them all in due time anon, 'specially Aphex Twin.
>>
>>73275663
i'm actually three meters tall i was just squatting in the pic but it was foggy so you can't see it too well apologies for any misunderstandings
>>
>>73275671
how did you feel about the Bhutanese meme album

>>73275663
He's a big guy.
>>
>>73275410
https://rateyourmusic.com/~CometOnABus
nervous now?
>>
>>73275731
it's good but nothing I like too much

samey but calm so it's neat
>>
File: topsters2.png (2MB, 1754x1090px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
2MB, 1754x1090px
while im still here, may i ask what was done with all those grapes after they were thrown on the ground to take the picture for the album cover?

>>73275670
consider yourselves lucky, i was gonna put an album of gangsta rap christmas songs
>>
>>73275606
Thanks for sharing this, saved

>>73275670
>more prince of Denmark

U G H
G G
H G U
>>
File: 1497048063367.png (482KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1497048063367.png
482KB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>73275759
that chart has a lot of yellow
doesn't look to good
maybe you should drop it
>>
>>73275671
Jeez yeah that's a lot of the same album. Deja Vu was pretty solid, songs like "Almost Cut My Hair" and "Helpless" are huge standouts. Kind of disappointed overall but maybe I set my expectations too high
>>
>>73275670
good listenalong
>>73275683
nicee
>>
>>73275507
>i'm the rare case that is self-aware enough to compensate and thus it's largely not noticeable
I mean that's not too rare, it's just that most people like that don't get diagnosed at all.
>>
File: letov.jpg (1MB, 3060x2036px) Image search: [Google]
letov.jpg
1MB, 3060x2036px
Letov drone chart - shitty reviews edition
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
“Running Up That Hill,” is obviously a very good song, there are several good songs on this album and a couple that aren’t as good. It does sound somewhat dated with its heavy featuring of early digital synths.
4+

Bum Tickley - Starsailor
The second side of this album is superior to the first. Bum Tickley’s singing contrasted with the free jazz inspired instrumentation is breddy gud.
4.5+

Parson Sound is up next, then idk
>>
>>73275762
it's different to 8 if thats your problem with him
you should respect royalty >:(

>>73275787
my charts have been yellowing a lot, i dont know if im just picking bad music or im getting bored with music
or music is bad that could be a possibility
>>
>>73275838
you dind't pick bad music obsctober language is on there and it is good
>>
>>73275759
>album of gangsta rap christmas songs
whats that
>>
oops didn't listen to nothin, hung out with my wife instead

also this bread looks like exuma
>>
>>73275956
Afroman - A Colt .45 Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wls9z-460Y4&t=582s

i highly recommend "police blow my wad", "i wish you would roll a new blunt" and especially, "frosty"
>>
>>73275998
>wife
pleb
>>
>>73276091
He wouldn't leave his wooden wife for you, sugar.
>>
>>73276091
why do you think i'm so slow
>>73276112
*circus music*
>>
what movie should i watch w/ my best friend and his gf
they're smart normies and like shit like arrival/la la land/ex machina etc
>>
>>73276130
La Haine
>>
>>73276130
Primer
But I'm A Cheerleader
Ghost World
>>
>>73276130
Anger - Scorpio Rising
>>
>>73276130
Hitler: A Film From Germany
>>
>>73274038
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dinosaur_l/24%E2%86%9224_music_f1/

russell also released this disco album with julius eastman. i haven't figured out if i like the album or not, but it's pretty impressive to see how many people the guy knew and worked with. you take a look at the dude's credits on rym and he played with everyone, the guy did the cello for psycho chicken by talking heads.
>>
>>73276130
Being John Malkovitch
>>
wait they haven't seen 2001
hmmmmm
>>
>>73276130
Cannibal Holocaust
Salo
>>
>>73276130
wht do you subject yourself to this suffering
watch star spangled to death
>>
>>73276130
Baked Baby Jesus
>>
File: IMG_2595.jpg (29KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2595.jpg
29KB, 350x262px
>>73276130
Whip out some Post-minimalism vinyl and engage in some critical listening
>>
>>73275813
oh you're right! i should have clarified, i mean i got lucky and was able to make my way from it being very obvious (thus my diagnosis) to it being only something you'll pick up on after spending time with me.

>>73276160
arthur russell is a fucking hero. i'll dig into both records for sure.
>>
File: deletereeeee.png (3KB, 470x88px) Image search: [Google]
deletereeeee.png
3KB, 470x88px
WHY

STOP
>>
>>73276164
Showed this to my friends, great option
>>
File: listenalong.png (569KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
569KB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>73276424
let me know when you do. the event necessary album is my most recent 4.5. i just listened to the julius eastman one, it's conceptually interesting where it plays a basic beat for 24 bars and then changes it (i assume it does this 24 times) which i guess is a cool idea but it ends up sounding kinda gimmicky and doesn't really achieve anything.
>>
>>73275005
I want to read DeLillo too after watching Cosmopolis, I was befuddled. And oh boy all that Lynch.

And what's up with that many /daily/ers never hearing Big Science it's a fucking great album motherfuckers get on it fast.

>>73275297
>Brasil Pandeiro is the greatest song to ever come out of Brazil imfo
>not Rosa de Hiroshima
>not Panis et Circensis

>>73275759
WATCH BARRY LYNDON ASAP SHIT'S LIT
>>
File: denmakr.png (662KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
denmakr.png
662KB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>73276178
Cannibal Holocaust is pretty fun. would be great to show to a crowd of semi-normies
>>
Which old tripfriends do y'all miss the most?
For me it's probably ruggles but I also really miss karenin's weekly mini-tourney thingies

>>73266100
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/1st-degree-deep-sleep/mental-prison/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/autechre/elseq_1–5/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/daniel-bachman/daniel-bachman/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/john_coltrane_quartet/ballads/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/goro_yamaguchi/a_bell_ringing_in_the_empty_sky/
:)

>>73273744
noice, p much the same man, really looking forward to be able to watch a lot of films again especially :)

>>73273774
:)) so glad you like it, it's such a beautiful piece
>>
>>73277337
Trish probably had my favorite music taste out of everyone. Also Aqam but he started posting again.
>>
File: 39.png (183KB, 347x482px) Image search: [Google]
39.png
183KB, 347x482px
For those who like this, can you tell me why you do

I have a feeling I won't and I want to
>>
File: listenalongg.png (776KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalongg.png
776KB, 1732x1732px
>>73277597
probably cause regis bangz
>>
>>73277726
>>73277726
>>73277726

nu-thread
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.