[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between Gorillaz and Blur? If I like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1289521168610_f.jpg (44KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1289521168610_f.jpg
44KB, 500x262px
What's the difference between Gorillaz and Blur? If I like Gorillaz, will I like Blur?
>>
>>73258316
not the answer you want but i know like 80 gorillaz songs while i only know the one blur song, if onoly from lack of interest, gorillaz just sounded way more intriguing, once again: not an educated oppinion
>>
one's with real musicians and the other's with made up characters
both are bad
>>
One's boring and the other one is really really boring
>>
>>73258359
>>73258380

why are these edgelords so annoying? like your contrarianism isn't remotely funny . go smoke a cigarette outside that shit live music venue you like to frequent
>>
>>73258316
Both are shitty Radiohead clones.
>>
Gorillaz is quintessential "i'm 14 and i just started getting into music"-core, just like Red Hot Chili Peppers
>>
>>73258456
Radiohead sucks though.
>>
>>73258487
No, I was 11.
>>
>release Leisure
>it's shit and nobody cares
>the music press negatively compares you to The Stone Roses, My Bloody Valentine, Ride and Happy Mondays as a shitty pop band who is trying to make a generic version of "real" music and capitalize on it (think Muse to Radiohead, Mumford & Sons to all other indie folk)
>try to tour the US and fail miserably because your band fucking sucks shit
>get mad at the negative reception your band is getting
>instead of stop being shit you decide to spend the next year telling everyone how you loathe American culture and it's all the fault of America and grunge that you're not being treated like the fucking second coming of The Beatles
>make the album Modern Life Is Rubbish with a bunch of songs about how Britian is GOAT and Americans are all fat stupid Republican redneck fundamentalists
>become a modest success in the UK
>follow it up with Parklife, an album that is more or less the same thing as Modern Life Is Rubbish but more commercially successful in the UK
>spend a year as the biggest band in Britain while the rest of the world does not give a single fuck about you
>suddenly Oasis comes out of nowhere and becomes a global phenomenon (including in the US)
>Blur is now no longer viewed as "cool" in the UK
>>
>Graham Coxon starts listening to Pavement and tells his band that they should make this type of music to try to make it in America again
>try to make an American indie rock record with British wit to appeal to Americans
>Radiohead had already done this 2 years prior with The Bends except Radiohead just legitimately wanted to make this kind of music whereas Blur were just trying to capitalize on the US market since their homeland didn't give a shit anymore
>spend an entire album basically sucking America's dick
>it becomes a modest success for one song
>it dies out really quickly
>become forever known as "the Woo Hoo band" in the US
>meanwhile while Blur is Woo Hooing all over American Alt Rock stations Radiohead releases OK Computer, an album that becomes as iconic as The Dark Side of the Moon or Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band almost instantly upon release
>Blur continue their idea stealing pattern and decide to ripoff Radiohead for their next two albums
>nobody cares
>get violent with Nardwuar in an interview
>nobody cares
>break up
>nobody cares
>reunite
>nobody cares
>hold a legacy as "the Parklife band" in the UK and "the Woo Hoo band" in the US
>nobody cares
>>
>>73258418
DENIAL
E
N
I
A
L
>>
>>73258487
>>73258741
>14
>11
fucking casuals, 4
>>
>>73258456
>Radiohead clones that did Radiohead better than Radiohead before Radiohead existed
huh
>>
>>73259224
Underage most likely
>>
>>73259168
I'm only replying to let you know that no one read that wall of text you ho-mo
>>
>>73259224
i wasn't even born when i got into music
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.