[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glover is claiming he's retiring Gambino because he won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: childish-gambino.jpg (855KB, 1815x1417px) Image search: [Google]
childish-gambino.jpg
855KB, 1815x1417px
Glover is claiming he's retiring Gambino because he won't have a "punk" approach to music anymore.

Does /mu/ think he's going to release any music ever again, whether under Gambino or his own name?
>>
i dont thnk this stupid nig even knows what punk music is
>>
>>73252340
Hip-Hop is literally mainstream culture.
>>
I fucking hope not. He's trash
>>
>>73252373
this
>>
>>73252411
his last album was like 0% hip-hop, and most of his hip-hop wasn't 100% hip-hop. he always put unique-ish stuff in there.
>>
When the fuck was Childish Gambino punk? Meme rap for rich college kids is not punk
>>
>>73252446
His last album was just funk/r&b.
>>73252373
It's so infuriating that he would say this. He didn't even provide anything new to the table regarding hip hop. Now he's walking around spouting off that it was punk. Yikes.
>>
>>73252373
>>73252518
>>73252499
This, like Lil Uzi saying that he's rock and roll, and that GG Allin inspired him and his live shows.
>>
>>73252499
"As much as Redbone is a punk song because it's a gospel song that's on the radio,... there's only so far you can go before you are the radio." quote from him
>>
Why do people keep acting like "punk" was some kind of "attitude" or "lifestyle" or whatever the fuck?

It's a very specific style of music. It always has been.
>>
>>73252596
It was an attitude or lifestyle. If you weren't some nihilistic anarchist dude wearing leather, you weren't a punk. People who didn't have those lifestyles/attitudes but still made "punk" music that sounded like punk music were either "Post" or "Proto" punk, depending on where they came before punk's success.
>>
>>73252596
The thing is, even IF it was this attitude or whatever, he doesn't even fit into that stereotype. He's rich and takes showers and doesn't give a fuck about the government other than the occasional comment he makes about it for an ego stroke. He thinks he has punk influences maybe because he rapped a little angry here and there?
>>
>>73252446
At this point hip-hop related music is literally lumped in with hip-hop you fucking idiot.
So that means nu-disco,funk pop, r&b,soul, and hip-hop are all the huge things right now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.