[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album was an essential part of the industrial/punk rap movement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4143.png (111KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4143.png
111KB, 300x300px
This album was an essential part of the industrial/punk rap movement that Death Grips is credited with starting. How did this slip through the cracks, /mu/?
>>
MIA was politically maligned by the indie bloggers at the time.
>>
>>73251338
this

if Pitchfork gave this album an 8 or higher, /mu/ would still be talking about it to this day
>>
>>73251329
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>73251350
Fuck pitchfork and Fantano who was bullshiting while reviewing her new record that MAYA kind of grew on him despite him not liking it when it came out. I mean why people are so excited by such a no taste posers? Pitchfork constantly change reviews and scores of records (like for example NIN - The Fragile and Pretty Hate Machine) to fit into his audiences current taste. There's no chance that they will not change the score of MAYA, it will happen in a couple years because they are affraid of not being relevant. Pitchfork is just a bunch of plebeians who probably are sitting on /mu/ and thinking what they should do to gain more audience because Pitchfork is fucking dying. They are so desperate to be credible.
>>
>>73251338
>?
>>
>>73251329
It's very average and forgettable
Industrial hip-hop already existed decades before this album.
>>
>>73252161
It wasn't her best record but it was better than Matangi and AIM and both of these records received better score.
>>
File: treats.jpg (92KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
treats.jpg
92KB, 319x319px
>>73251329
I fully agree. This album MAYA by M.I.A. and Treats by Sleigh Bells (pic related) which was given a fucking 8.7 by p4k only indicating how inconsistent they are. It's incredibly similar in style, and M.I.A. only got a 4.4.

Dude from Sleigh Bells was also producer on MAYA.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.