[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was in Starbucks the other day and heard Nick Drake playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: SE68XiDa.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
SE68XiDa.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
I was in Starbucks the other day and heard Nick Drake playing over the speakers.
At first I was excited, then I thought that he probably sold-out.

What do you guys think? Is he a sell-out, or still respectable?

I would probably see him play if he came close to where I live.
I bet their would be a lot of coffee-house qts at the show.
>>
there's a great stewart lee joke on exactly this topic but i forget how it goes
>>
>>73249371
cool story
>>
wat
>>
>>73249386
i dunno man i thought OP's was cooler
>>
>>73249347
How can you be a sell-out if you're literally fucking dead? He certainly did not "sell out" in his lifetime.
>>
when you think about it, dying is the ultimate form of selling out
>>
File: IMG_2032.gif (2MB, 320x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2032.gif
2MB, 320x243px
>Nick Drake never made it in his lifetime
>I somehow think I will
>>
>>73251024
Does everyone on /mu/ want to be a musician? Damn, I just wanna hear some tunes.
>>
>>73249347
I'm guessing you mean you'd see him theoretically as he's dead, anyway as someone that works at Starbucks I can say it was probably someone's personal music that they put on, not something Starbucks organized.
>>
>>73251043
i know i do. and i think a lot of other's do. but most of us are too self conscious to release much. most of the people who do make music and promote it here normally either make hip hop, indie folk, dream pop/shoegaze, ambient, or metal.
>>
It used to be all about the music, now it's all about the cars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-kqUkZnDcM
>>
>>73251043
Nah I just criticize from the sidelines
>>
>>73250314
Lol as I was reading this I was thinking "you can't sell out if you're fucking dead."

Ya know, a big reason why nick drake was so fucking upset all the time was because people didn't get his music. He wanted them to so bad and they didn't. He was always trying to appeal to the popular and didn't until some time passed. And shit, I would say he still isn't really mainstream. Yea, he's entry level but he isn't super typical. Most kids haven't heard of him or his music.
Regarding starbucks, they will latch onto literally anything that could be considered "different" or "deep" to try and appeal to the coffee drinking kiddos.
>>
>>73249347
I heard Ornette Coleman playing at a Starbucks once. It's hard finding out one of your favorite artists is now Starbuckscore, but I did what had to be done and erased his whole discography from my computer.
>>
>>73251317
I don't even care. That commercial is great. Directed by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Ferris of Little Miss Sunshine and a bunch of Smashing Pumpkins videos
>>
I think they play Spotify playlists. Spotify playlists are made by hipsters, remember.
>>
>>73251317
this ad was pure kino
>>
>>73249347
I'm sorry but who even goes to starbucks? Are you a fucking hipster wannabe?
>>
>>73252970
starbucks is the coffee of the white man
dunkin donuts is for coloreds
>>
File: remondini.jpg (33KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
remondini.jpg
33KB, 550x309px
>>73253014
>being this american
do you even have non-franchise coffee shops?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.