[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We should, honest to God, actually try to make a good album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

File: 1491854871805.png (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1491854871805.png
57KB, 600x434px
We should, honest to God, actually try to make a good album.

We should actually all collaborate someway or another and make a cohesive album with no shitty audacitycore ambient noise (maybe just one or two as an interlude or a closer) or repetitive loops played for endless stretches of time, that is actually of at least an objectively decent quality.

I am pretty sure that with everybody's knowledge of music combined we could actually make something productive instead of complaining about which is the most patrician album in an artist's discography or if Grimes or Death Grips or some shit is actually good or not.
>>
Do you really think this is possible for /mu/?
>>
making a few good songs is possible but it would be very dififcult to have any sort of consistent tone in the album without a few select project leaders
am unsure if that would go down well with /mu/
>>
>>73249021
While I admire your spirit, no two people on this board seem to ever agree about music and most just want to meme/shit on any music that more than one person likes.
>>
We make an album every day, there's bound to be a 7 or 8 someday
>>
>>73249121
It's absolutely happened in the past. There just needs to be curation against the people who thing unchecking prevent clipping on the Audacity Gain tool or using paulstretch is being artistic
>>
If we did it would have to be something that both acknowledged and incorporated into the flow the fact that there are different genres in the album, given the different tastes that people have.
>>
>>73249068
Yes
>>
>>73249132
There are 7 or 8 songs in albums but as far as I know, there have never been any 7 or 8 albums.
>>73249144
Those two are fine if they were trying to make a legitimate electronic or ambient record
>>73249172
Perhaps something like a compilation?
>>
>>73249021
get a life
>>
We should make a 90s techno album.
>>
>>73249234
>Perhaps something like a compilation?
I'm not sure, I've always liked the idea of an album with an overarching concept that has different genres throughout, each reflective of a different part of the concept. Never really fully thought out the idea though.
>>
>>73249513
Maybe a concept album?
>>
>>73249534
Yeah, no idea what the concept would be.
>>
File: muloveless.jpg (31KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
muloveless.jpg
31KB, 700x700px
so in that other thread about the album made for the guy who's girlfriend died, the bandcamp they linked also had two albums that were basically full fledged covers of Kid A and Loveless.
I think that we should cover another classic mucore album.
>>
>>73249680
Yes, but something simple like ITAOTS
>>
>>73249680
>>73249694

Already been done. By /mu/.
>>
>>73249774
link?
>>
We should create a discord or something
>>
>>73249694
This could work. we could have each person do a separate instrument. Like in one song. the singing saw part could be played on slide guitar, but on another song it could be played on a theremin. The only issue would be the different singers making it sound weird. Maybe one person could sing the lead and another two or three could sing the multi tracked parts
>>
>>73249655
Maybe something about isolation and only finding solace in music? Pretty basic but it would fit /mu/ perfectly.
>>
>>73249513
>>73249655
Fuck you. We don't need no ambitious concept to make a good release. Just have everyone create tracks, weed them out till you have the best ones and try to put them in a cohesive fashion. A compilation is actually the best way to go and anyone that disagrees is an idiot.
>>
>>73249904
I was just shooting ideas, retard
>>
>>73249904
I disagree and I'm an idiot
>>
>>73249021
im actually planning to learn to sing and play guitar so that i get taken seriously as musician

if you submit half assed stuff you get half assed places to play at
>>
>>73249904
>Just have everyone create tracks, weed them out till you have the best ones and try to put them in a cohesive fashion. A compilation is actually the best way to go and anyone that disagrees is an idiot.
Then it'll just be mu-core sad indie folk and a few meme tracks. Keeping a theme would at least focus the project
>>
>>73249968
>just be mu-core sad indie folk
Pretty much this, alongside shitty shoegaze
>>
Lets make an album about a futuristic city where people from different cultures compile their music into a compilation to send to a record label, only to have it struck down by the bureaucratic process.
>>
Or make a soundtrack to a fictional movie.
>>
>>73249904
This sounds like a good idea, but what would be our objective scale of quality?
Plus, I think we should at least have a general tone, like aggressive, sarcastic, or moody,etc.
>>
>>73249922
well it's a bad idea
>>73249924
glad to know you are aware
>>73249968
well if it becomes that then let the users do that, then it would be a more accurate reflection of this board. just let everyone make organic music that they want to make, not force them into this single music idea. you create more variety this way as well. leave the bigger idea for when you have this board working together better
>>73250117
treat it as if this board were a label, and we're just showcasing the musical idea that we are all interested in pursuing. no unifying factor besides we browse the same board. and we can have threads to cut down tracks to 10 picks and then other threads to organize the track list order.
>>
Maybe that what we should do is threads so that people can talk and create music together, like multiple bands coming out from /mu/.
Not one giant fucking /mu/ band.
>>
>>73249021
I'm pretty sure /mu/ could make something better then humanz
>>
>>73250222
The idea of a /mu/ subculture sounds gr8
However I still like the gigantic collab/selection for a compilation thing.
>>
>>73250241
Anything is better than Humanz.
>>
>>73250254
Me too but only the best will shares their musics and that will be it.
>>
>>73250241
That could be an idea. Just make an album better than a mediocre album. We could try specifically to be better than Humanz. Maybe get Fantano to review it with the intention of getting a "light 6 to a decent 7" as some sort of meta joke.
>>
>>73250297
Meant "decent 6 to a light 7"
>>
>>73250297
>get fantano to review it
bit delusional but appreciate the enthusiasm
>>
>>73250297
Fantano hates /mu/. He would trash it even if there were legitimately good songs.
>>
>>73250316
Not really, if we are spamming enough he will review it. But well. We won't even make it.
>>
>>73250359
that's assuming enough people care to spam him + he'd probably just post about it on twitter and be done with it
>>
>>73250286
That was what I was saying lol
The title could say something like "The Best of (blank)" and each song would have a different artist as to create a subculture.
>>
File: pepeppepeppppeee.png (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
pepeppepeppppeee.png
9KB, 225x225px
>>73249021
We should just make a random as fuck album with no quality control at all, anyone on the the board can contribute, the only rules could be a limit to the amount of contribution per person i.e 20 seconds or 4 bars. Everyone is free to mix or master their own section. Could be the best thing in the history of music
>>
>>73250550
Would it be like a mashup?
>>
I'm in. We should get a discord going.
>>
I have unironically really wanted to do something like this for years
>>
>>73250754
What is a discord?
>>
>>73250550
I'm ok with it, let's start.

And what for the order?
>>
>>73250691
Possibly, i like the idea of their being individual songs though. Like we could decide on how many songs the album will have and then vote for song titles first, then everyone goes off and makes their pieces of music based off the theme of the title, then there would be a thread where everyone posts their pieces and whatever order that's in will be the song regardless of how ridiculous it sounds. Maybe some anon could take on the responsibility of editing all the bits together
>>
>>73250793
And if we say something like "2 bar each" then we should chose a bpm and a time signature for each song
>>
File: IMG_4885.jpg (49KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4885.jpg
49KB, 300x300px
Remember me, /mu/?
>>
>>73250822
I disagree. It should be as random as possible.
>>
>>73250550
we've done this before, it's shit, it ends up being bad, but not so bad that its good
>>
>>73250840
k
>>
>>73250822
yeah i'm ok with that too, no genre restrictions though
>>
I think we should do both the mashup and the quality controlled compilation/selection album.
>>
>>73250839
Yeah but that was basically Audacitycore.
>>
this has immediately strayed from what OP wanted lol
>>
>>73250861
If we're doing a quality controlled project we need to figure out how to actually control it. If it's just open season it will inevitably lead to shitposting and anyone who tries to throw out sincere ideas will be boolied
>>
I'm gunna put a whole bunch of youtube poop shit in the mashup
>>
>>73250899
>>73249021
Right, OP I think that you want is to make a band.
>>
>>73250877
I feel like all the people who say this is audacitycore didn't actually listen to the album all the way through. The only parts that I could understand being audacitycore are that one part in ultralight wall that goes on too long (the devil in a new dress vaporwave thing), the noise part of FSMH pt. 3, and the ending. Everything else was actually produced and had work put into it.
>>
>>73250846
Must of been a bunch of oldfags who're out of touch and can't compose for shit
>>
File: (39).png (29KB, 613x556px) Image search: [Google]
(39).png
29KB, 613x556px
SOMEONE MAKE A FUCKING DISCORD ALREADY
>>
>>73250909
This is legit the only answer
>>
>>73250932
this is the first track title
>>
>>73250932
https://discord.gg/PsE7F
>>
>>73250909
I am OP
That person is not me I havent replied to anything in like ten minutes
>>
Just go trough all /mu/ albums from, say, last 3 months and pick the good songs and put them in an album.

Or if you want a cohesive album, pick a theme (the best /mu/ albums always had a theme), not a genre but just a general theme, like skeletons or something, and then quality control the submissions
>>
>>73251012
I didn't say I was OP.
I was talking to you.
>>
File: a2814586335_10.jpg (151KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2814586335_10.jpg
151KB, 1200x1200px
Anyone ever find out who made pic related? I want to collab with them.
>>
>>73250897
We should create a scale.
>>
>>73251032
We should create a new note
>>
>>73251054
Haha
>>
>>73249680
Kid /mu/ is actually really decent. Shame the mega link is down.
>>
>>73250957
I think we should keep it to 4chan.
>>
I agree with the anon earlier in the thread, we should try to make something that is good enough to get at least a twitter review from Fantano. We could call it '/mu/ on a mission' or something
>>
>>73251146
/mu/ the /mu/sical
>>
I'll make a thread in a bit trying to bring the musicians on the board together and coming up with some ideas. Gotta start somewhere
>>
just make something cool by yourself
>>
>>73251258
just be yourself
>>
>>73251258
I mean I already am but collaboration is fun
>>
>>73251190
>the /mu/sical
that's a great title
>>
File: me on the left.jpg (74KB, 600x792px) Image search: [Google]
me on the left.jpg
74KB, 600x792px
>>73249021
What do you play OP? Why not put up a drum loop or some idea you've recorded and /mu/tants can start to add to it.
>>
>>73251397
The electric triangle
>>
I'm making an intro, will post a demo of it here in a bit. Feel free to use it as an intro, a starting point, or just rip it apart. I'll be posting anyway, someone has to post something
>>
I'd really like to be in on this, so what type of album is it? Can someone please explain to me?
Also, can I get the discord link?
>>
>>73251585
https://discord.gg/PsE7F
here you go
>>
So, as I really like this idea, I'm going to pinpoint some of the problems that may come up so we start thinking about them:

- Do we set a theme/idea/concept/genre for the album? How do we agree on said theme or ideas? Do we vote (like strawpoll voting), at random, etc
- Do musicians have to collaborate throughout the album (someone plays the bass, someone the drums) or individuals or groups submit their own creations?
- Is there a "producer" who will decide what is included and what isn't or is it decided by the people in the thread?
- Does someone mix the album or do we use the independent mixes?
- Do we keep it "pure" in the threads (more representative than in a separate chat but more prone to trolling) or do we move to a discord or telegram?

I'd like your answers to this questions and maybe if you can raise any more.
>>
>>73251950
Aaaand also, the only experience of this that I have is a trend a while ago in reddit where music subs made their own "subreddit albums" which were best-of compilations.

What they did:
First they recruited the volunteers to mix them (not a big responsability bcs it was all existing material)
Then each of this steps with a poll:

1. Number of tracks
2. Songs that should be included (everyone chooses said number of songs from the artist's discography)
3. Runoff vote from the top 30 or sth most voted
4. Another runoff vote to solve ties.
5. Voting for track order: individual proposals that sort the tracks in a coherent and meaningful way. The most liked proposals are selected and voted.
6. A title for the album.
7. Cover art.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/comments/2gclzf/rmuse_subreddit_album_part_11_album_art_vote/

Maybe use this as inspiration, the whole process is well laid out. Wouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to what we want.
>>
>>73249068
1000% I do

we could do this as chaotically as possible or we could try to arrange it, or flow with an arrangement of chaos.

Something good can happen any 3 of those ways
>>
>>73249322
he's makin a life u dingus

well if he tries to do this :)
|
>>73249840
I
>>
File: 1455400341907s.jpg (1KB, 74x25px) Image search: [Google]
1455400341907s.jpg
1KB, 74x25px
>>73249144
>not liking paulstretch
>>
Go to the discord! We already have this shit going
https://discord.gg/MeWZjY
>>
>>73251950
>>73252113
okay nevermind just go to the discord
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.