[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any Anthology songs you think are better than the album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 81G6UluzXsL._SL1400_.jpg (484KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
81G6UluzXsL._SL1400_.jpg
484KB, 1400x1400px
Are there any Anthology songs you think are better than the album versions?

I think Piggies is much better.
>>
I thought the version to Tax Man was interesting, especially the alternate ending.
>>
Fool on the Hill Take 4
>>
Not Guilty and Mary Jane should have made the cut
>>
I love the second disk of Anthology 2. Has some of their best stuff. Strawberry Fields, I Am The Walrus, The Fool On The Hill, Lucy In The Sky, and Across The Universe are all better than their respective versions.
>>
And Your Bird Can Sing (Take 2) is one of my faaaaavs. Just John and Paul giggling the whole time, and it's a lot more upbeat than the original.
>>
>>73240767

The Helter Skelter version is vastly better. A slower, walking thing, working-class hero, hiking along a highway at dusk, that type of vibe. In addition to being a much more plaintive and interesting take, the above imagery that I project on the track suggests beginnings of Manson's career.
>>
>>73240820

the three-repetition of the ten-syllable

an-Y-bo-dy-got-a-bit-of-mon-ey, an-y-bo-dy-got-a-BIT-of-mon-ey, an-y-bo-dy-got-a-bit-of-mon-ey???

Is vastly more interesting than the final "ah-ah mr. wilson, ah-ah, mr. heath". There's like a pentameter going on in there or something, which they lay into that other signature, however you want to call it.

It's just a clever song in general, whatever the take. Including a proper representation of a percentage which requires slight mental effort (5% = 1/20) and having this be the lead-in lyrical narrative of one of your best albums is just sort of autistically pleasing somehow.
>>
>>73243095

IIRC the liner notes indicate that they just about chose it for the master but played it more straight, ah well. I just remembered this version by the post just above yours but you already wrote it up properly.
>>
I love the stuff on the anthology.
Anyone recommend any bootlegs with similar content?
>>
File: Monkey Business, Vol. 2 1.png (855KB, 722x721px) Image search: [Google]
Monkey Business, Vol. 2 1.png
855KB, 722x721px
I've been waiting for this thread. Hello lads I made these "lost albums" I made out of demos, bootlegs and such. Beatles rarities but in a recognizable album form, like a mixtape I suppose. There are 5 of them
https://mega.nz/#F!KF5GQCoD!ky6aIQuaeIkrqJ9N74idSg
If you liked Paul and John giggling and just general studio fuckery you'll enjoy 2 of the 5 a lot.
>>
>>73243890
Interesting. What sources did you use for the songs?
I'm downloading Get Back as I type this.
>>
>>73243961
It's hard to remember specifically because I just downloaded a megatorrent of poorly labeled songs. The bulk of them came out of the Get Back sessions that's for sure. Road to Rishikesh is mostly White Album sessions. Strawberry Fields is Sgt. Pepper and Rubber Soul sessions. I hope that's helpful enough
>>
The doctor walked in, sminking of gin. Sminking?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.