[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ like Jason Molina's stuff? Not just his solo act

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Cover.jpg (41KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
41KB, 280x280px
Does /mu/ like Jason Molina's stuff? Not just his solo act but Songs: Ohia and Magnolia Electric Co.
>>
>>73239968
Yes, very much.
>>
>>73239968
What's your favorite album?
>>
>>73240302
Cool. I guess that's the problem with asking a straight up music related question in a muaic related meme board, people dont give a fuck unless there's an argument involved.

Anyhow, I like his aolo stuff but i think that it's not as easy to listen to as his Songs: Ohia days, I think he was to far down the bottle in those days. Good shit thouhh, just really heartbreaking and mournful.
>>
>>73240425
kind of look at his stuff as an expensive bottle of strong bourbon, meant to be drunk slowly and only on special occasions, etc. too many strong feelings for large doses or to take with any regularity imo imo. what he did he did perfectly.
>>
>>73240317
I can't really say I have a favorite album, I love some songs, blue factory flame, soul but if I had to pick I'd say se me apparso.
>>
>>73240529
True, good, though and sad feels come from his music. Too much of that will have you looking at life with the perspective of a man lost at sea, just waiting for his time to come.
>>
>>73240830
Definitely. It's tough because he really is one of my favorite musicians but listening to him regularly really does put you in that kind of mindset.
>>
>>73240972
Yeah, he's one of the musicians I listen to regularly too. Do you know of any other bands or solo projects that sound like his or have that lonely blues guitar feel to them? I tried Sun, Kil Moon and Damien Jurado, great stuff but still not the same feeling I get from his music.
>>
>>73241036
Not really bluesy and much more indirect, but try out Bill Callahan/Smog if you haven't yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqXEZT0pxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7D2G6GdPY
>>
>>73241116
Cool, thanks. I'll give them a try right now.
>>
>>73241036
I haven't found anything that quite hits the same spot but maybe try Neil Young's albums On the Beach and Tonight's the Night. They aren't quite as lonesome but I think Jason and Neil had a lot in common sonically at some points. And they're two Neil's best.

Maybe try some Will Oldham too. Especially his earlier albums as Palace Brothers/Palace Music and his first two as Bonnie 'Prince' Billy.

Have you listened to the Molina and Johnson album he did with Will Johnson?
>>
>>73241116
Gotta second that Bill Callahan rec. He's great.
>>
>>73241224
Giving Neil Young a try, listening to On the Beach right now, so far so good. Very different emotional tone to a lot of the same subjects. Not disappointed, thanks for the recommendation.
>>
I think What Comes After the Blues and Fading Trails are his best albums.
>>
>>73242216
They're good, really good, I just feel that Mi Sei Apparso Come un Fantasma is really clean as far as live albums go, plus, to me, ti's the best version of Nobody tries that hard anymore and Being in love.
>>
>>73241224
Ok, finished On the Beach, holygoddammotherfuckingshit Ambulance Blues is good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.