[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I liked this, what are some albums from OTHER (ive heard the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: Arcade Fire - Funeral (front).jpg (331KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Arcade Fire - Funeral (front).jpg
331KB, 1417x1417px
If I liked this, what are some albums from OTHER (ive heard the rest of their discography)bands i would like
>>
>>
Bob Dylan st
>>
File: Yeah_Yeah_Yeahs_-_Fever_to_Tell.png (226KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Yeah_Yeah_Yeahs_-_Fever_to_Tell.png
226KB, 300x300px
kind of a stretch but
>>
-"Meat is Murder" or "The Queen is Dead" by The Smiths
-"Music from the Adventures of Pete and Pete" by Polaris
>>
File: Broken_Social_Scene_Album_Cover.png (169KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
Broken_Social_Scene_Album_Cover.png
169KB, 300x281px
Never thought I'd have to recommend zeroes indie rock on /mu/ since, well, that genre built this place.

Anyway check this one out, one of the best for sure.
>>
>>73239224
>>73239302
Great records. OP check these music scenes (since 2000):
- indie rock
- indie pop
- post-punk revival
- garage rock revival
- neo-psych

This is where all the best rock music of my adulthood is.
>>
>>73239302
Isn't this sort of instrumental band I tried getting into their stuff but one album I heard just sounded like some sort of instrumental thing, not trashing it I just wasn't hearing indie rock. I think I'll check them out again to see if my stupidity was getting the best of me
>>
>>73239415
No it's not instrumental
>>
>>73239224
Op hear, I love these guys and it's blitz is their best work imo. Any others ? This, TV on the radio and band of horses have that indie vibe I'm in search of, u feel me
>>
>>73239437
Also, what's the most accessible album from that other band, built to spill(if u know them)
>>
File: 31Zx62Wb8QL.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
31Zx62Wb8QL.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
>>73239459
Perfect From Now On is the album that got me into Build to Spill so that's probably a good one. The album before and after it are good too.

Recommending this too. Probably my favorite rock record of the last 20 years.
>>
Adding Talkdemonic and maybe The Walkmen too
>>
>>73239581
Hey dude opee here, what are some post punk revival artists that r good like the killers and interpol and bloc party?
>>
This thread boils down to early to mid 00s P4k core. That is back when they rode the dick of the Indie scene rather than hip hop
>>
>>73239691
The ones you said + Arctic Monkeys, White Stripes+Jack White solo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand.

I loved all the rock I grew up with to be honest man. The zeroes will be looked back on a very good decade for the genre, and perhaps a sendoff.
>>
>>73240125
Ah cool I dig these ones a lot
>>
>>73239494
>The Walkmen
ty anon! PFNO sounds amazing, those guitars!
>>
>>73242729
Yeah they're great. A lot of people compare them to Modest Mouse which is an amazing band so check them out if you haven't.
>>
File: download (16).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>
>>73239156
Feels - anco
>>
The Olivia Tremor Control

Dusk Castle
Black Foliage
>>
>>73243864
Heard this one of was ok
>>
>>73246289
*it was
>>
>>73239302
I always considered BSS to be the contrarian Arcade Fire but nowadays I think they were actually a better band. BSS never released anything as overrated as Suburbs or Reflektor.
>>
>>73239156
Everyone is just reccing shit from the same era ffs, literal pitchfork core

Its much more interesting to look out earlier shit that influenced AF and sounds like it, cause unlike shit like National, Interpol, Walkmen, etc, they actually have a pretty unique blend of a ton of different influences on Funeral at least

You have to understand there aren't really many bands that have the same level of intense post-punk mixed with meticulously lavish arrangements so I'll break it up.

>if you're looking for the raw and punky adolescent themed tunes like Rebellion, Laika, Power Out:
-Replacements, Violent Femmes, Pixies, early REM.
>if you're looking for more of the folky, sing-along acoustic tunes like Haiti, Kettles, Une année:
-Neil Young, Nick Drake, Springsteen, Mitchell.
>then if you're looking for the grand and layered statements on the human condition like in Tunnels, In The Backseat, Crown of Love.:
-Radiohead, NMH, Bowie (Ziggy in particular), Talk Talk.

And yes this is obviously bate.
>>
I miss indie /mu/
Now if you post that stuff the metalfags will call you a nu-male and the hiphop fags will talk about how no one listens to that shit anymore
>>
File: 1448580576140.jpg (18KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1448580576140.jpg
18KB, 500x461px
>>73247770
i know that feel, i miss indie too
>>
LCD Soundsystem
>>
File: folder.jpg (776KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
776KB, 1500x1500px
>>
Coldplay
>>
>>73247971
Atleast we got Teens of denial
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.