[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is the stratocaster I'm thinking of picking up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6217.jpg (114KB, 747x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6217.jpg
114KB, 747x747px
So this is the stratocaster I'm thinking of picking up. This will be my first electric guitar and if anyone has a good amp idea for it I would be glad to hear it.
>>
>>73237869
Did you make that thread earlier today?
>>
>>73237869
Get yourself a VOX valvetronix breh
>>
>>73237972
Yep
>>
>>73237993
I thought you were gonna buy used? Anyways, that's a good guitar, but you can't really play Nirvana and Van Halen like you wanted to. At least it won't sound write.
>>
>>73238043
I'll have to check out how it sounds in the shop. I could try a jazzcaster
>>
>>73238043
I know Eddie Van Halen has the frankencaster but I don't have that money
>>
>>73238069
You mean a jazzmaster? I think you might want something with humbuckers in the bridge section to play music with distortion. That's why I suggest a HSS Strat. But they also make a Jazzmaster with humbuckers.
>>
Anyone have any recs for an acoustic guitar for someone just learning how to play?
>>
>>73238132
Price range?
>>
>>73238142
300-500
>>
>>73237990
How are those? I'm looking for a tube/combo but the twin reverbs/deluxe reverbs are too expensive and way too loud

I'm interested in a real nice sounding clean channel
>>
>>73238174
Used or new? Sorry forgot to ask
>>
File: 427461-1.jpg (24KB, 699x242px) Image search: [Google]
427461-1.jpg
24KB, 699x242px
>>73238132
go to Guitar Center and go to the acoustic section

my favorite cheap one they have there is the black Fender

>>73237869
OP, just save up 600$ for a Made in Mexico Humbucker/Single/Single, if you get into playing alot you're going to be glad you got something semi-decent
>>
>>73237869
>Buying guitars on the internet
Don't do this
>>
>>73238244
this
>>
>>73238244
I'm buying mine from a local guitar shop
>>
>>73237869

this was actually my first electric guitar. it's pretty darn decent. i bought mine used for like 80 bucks
>>
>squier
>>
Save up a bit more and you can probably find a used SG Special Faded and not have to mess with the MIM garbage.
>>
>>73238198
I like them, the cleans are nowhere as nice as a twin but still nice I would more recommend them for home players that want an amp with a little bit of everything.

I would look into smaller tube amps from the 70s from brands like Traynor and Musicman if you want something along the same lines as a deluxe/twin. Should be much cheaper
>>
>>73239139
those still seem a little big, there's no point in getting a nice pure tube overdrive if I have to play at 639847492 dB to get it
>>
>>73239187
Something like this is what I mean.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Traynor/Vintage-1970s-YGM-3-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-113260358.gc

Overdrive isn't the only reason to get a tube amp, the cleans are much more articulate and punchy. If you really want something smaller, then the 40 watt vox could work for you. I have an orange crush that has a good clean channel also. Get something with at least a 10" speaker.
>>
>>73239067
>implying squiers are bad
there are plenty of worse starter guitars he could buy
>>
>>73239322
Oh alright that one is a pretty decent size

How would it–and the vox–stack up against a super champ or something? The clean channel is straight tube but it's still modeling
>>
>>73237869
buy it used
>>
If its your first guitar just get one of those squier/amp starter packages that are like 300 bucks.
>>
>>73238174
Seagull S6. Don't fall for the fender meme.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.