[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

70s: Joni Mitchell 80s: Kate Bush 90s: Bjork 00s: Karin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 1494639672699.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494639672699.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
70s: Joni Mitchell
80s: Kate Bush
90s: Bjork
00s: Karin Dreijer
10s: ?????????
>>
10s: Angel Olsen
>>
>>73230849
>10s: ?????????

grimes
>>
inb4 grimes
>>
grimeth ith the clothetht thing to be honetht
>>
>>73230849
Kerin is great but has one album album.
>>
>>73230884
>inb4
Why inb4? You knew it very well that she's going to be posted. Too bad for you someone >>73230883 was faster than you.
>>
>>73230849
who the fuck is karin dreijer
>>
>>73230919
Her work with The Knife counts too. Deep Cuts and Silent Shout are 2 essential albums of '00s.
>>
>>73230933
>being this pleb
Google these 3:
The Knife
Fever Ray
Honey's Cool
>>
>>73230963
I'm a fan of the knife but never bothered to look up the female vocalists name
10s is joanna newsom
>>
>>73230849
FKA Twigs you racist fag
>>
>>73230933
One of the best musicians ever, you fucking philistine.
>>
One of the Crutchfield sisters, I'm hoping for Allison
>>
Objectively Solange
>>
Julia Holter
>>
>Karin Dreijer

No. Fever Ray is a super cool project but it's not a tenth as good as the other artists' best releases (Blue/Hejira, Homogenic/Vespertine, The Dreaming/Hounds of Love). The Knife is pretty awesome of course, but I'm pretty sure Olof is entirely responsible for the music and Karin just writes the lyrics and some vocal melodies. Maybe if she releases more albums as Fever Ray she'll get there. I'm sure she has potention.

The 00s belong to Joanna Newsom.
>>
>>73230980
would agree but her best album came out in the 00's
>>
>>73231210
>The '00s belong to Joanna Newsom.
Not a chance with that annoying voice and only 2 albums in 2000s. Better pick someone like Alison Goldfrapp or Roisin Murphy.
>>
>>73231179
this
>>
>>73231256
Lmao Goldfrapp sucks. Felt Mountain is their only okay album but it's a Portishead ripoff and not even half as interesting as the original.
Roisin Murphy is nice and has made some fun pop music but she's completely irrelevant and I can't take her seriously as an artist.

Joanna Newsom may have only released 2 (great) albums in the 00s, but one of them contains the best music of the decade.
Please don't compare Joanna, a multi-instrumentalist, brilliant songwriter, tbe composer of Only Skin, to artists like Goldfrapp and Roisin Murphy. Joanna is actually a much better musician than Mitchell, Bjork and Kate Bush, at least in technical terms.
>>
>>73231408
how is felt nountain similar to portishead
>>
>>73231408
>Lmao Goldfrapp sucks.
Shitty opinion, desu. Goldfrapp is 10x better than that ancient harp bullshit made by J. Newsom. I'm not even mentioning Goldfrapp's superior voice.

There's really nothing special about J. Newsom's bland music. It sounds like 15th century muzak with childish poetry (how could you even take seriously her cheesy lyrics?) and with atrocious voice. You were impressed by her cute image, isn't it?

>a Portishead ripoff
You didn't even listen to Portishead if you say such bullshit.
>>
>>73231179
/thread

Grimes is objectively bad and Joanna Newsom is overrated crap.
>>
>>73231563
>Joanna Newsom is 2deep4me
Fixed
>>
>>73231539
>There's really nothing special about J. Newsom's bland music.
Except for her excellent songwriting, lyrics and arrangements.
>It sounds like 15th century muzak with childish poetry (how could you even take seriously her cheesy lyrics?) and with atrocious voice.
You've never actually listened to any music from the 15th century, have you? Admit the only reason you don't like her is because you're a pleb who got turned off by her Appalachian vocal stylings.
>>
>>73231647
Yea keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>73230849
Joanna Newsom
>>
>>73231179
No she is not as big and I do not think she will ever be.
>>
>>73231112
Maybe this.
>>
>>73231563
julia has been shit ever since her 3rd lp when she sold out to indie pop mediocrity
>>
80s: Björk
90s: Björk
00s: Björk
10s: Björk
>>
>>73230849
Kanye West
>>
>>73231112
HOLY, i found her months ago and forgetted, thanks dude.
>>
>>73233313
If we allow Vespertine to be in the 90s one then:
80s:
90s: Björk
00s:
10s: Björk
>>
>>73231563
Since when Grimes is worse than the bland Julia Holter? Are you such a massive plebster?
>>
>>73231728
>her Appalachian vocal stylings
HA HA HA HA! Excusing her shitty vocals as a pretentious style, that's rich. If you enjoy that crap don't pretend it's good.

>Except for her excellent songwriting, lyrics and arrangements.
Overlong crap with pretentious lyrics and overinflated ego? No thanks. This is worse than the worst prog rock.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.