[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't speak german. Should I be listening to Kraftwerk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: kraftwerk-17.1.2013.jpg (290KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kraftwerk-17.1.2013.jpg
290KB, 1280x720px
I don't speak german. Should I be listening to Kraftwerk in german or english?
>>
why not both?
>>
>>73230355
listen in german
maybe listen it after the first listen in english, so you can understand it a bit
then proceed to listen in german
>>
>>73230355
German is better because the rhythm of language is so important to their music. Also it's easier to appreciate it more without the campyness of the accents getting in the way
>>
>>73230355
Ralf & Florian is the only album of theirs really worth listening to. It's a shame they went on to make synth pop after starting as a krautrock band.
>>
>>73230931
fuck off, their synthpop stuff is their best and everybody knows it you contrarian.
>>
File: iasipkraft.jpg (8KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
iasipkraft.jpg
8KB, 240x180px
>>73230355
>>
>>73230942
>fuck off, their synthpop stuff is their best and everybody knows it you contrarian.
I'm not denying that they're one of the most influential electronic musicians, but they could've done so more than jolly dance songs.
>>
>>73231683
Wew, nice
>>
>>73230355
The German mixes are slightly better, according to the fanbase.

>>73231724
Correct. The problem with Kraftwerk's later output (which I think was still good and innovative) is that, while they remained influenced by minimalism all their career, past Autobahn they seemed to forget it involved DEVELOPMENT and not just repeating the same groove for 7 minutes without doing anything different. Compare the subtle changes in rhythm in "Ruckzuck" for example in the flute part, with any track off TEE, the title track is the most guilty of this, they should have introduced the "Metal on Metal" and "Azbug" variations earlier and incoperated them into the main track.
>>
>>73230355
learn german, listen in german
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0D7MBBI2Ik
I S I N T H E A I R F O R Y O U A N D M E
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.