[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys who listen *exclusively* to heavy metal are overcompensating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: metal nerds.jpg (54KB, 460x329px) Image search: [Google]
metal nerds.jpg
54KB, 460x329px
Guys who listen *exclusively* to heavy metal are overcompensating for how wimpy they are by listening to "tough" music.

I can acknowlege that some of that's good, but what the fuck to you listen to when you feel happy, or you feel down, or you want a big morale boost. Metal is hardly a good flavor for every mood.

I was a sperglord that listened almost exclusively to metal too back in high school and then I discovered there's a musical spectrum. I like funk, blues, disco, and southern rock the most. Usually I listen to music to give me a happy positive vibe (which funk or disco can do perfectly) to increase morale, metal is no good for this.

Metal is what you listen to when your step dad drinks all your mountain dew and is loudly fucking your mom.
>>
>>73229065
read: I had awful taste in metal, gave up on it thinking that shit I listened to was everything, and now I'm baiting an imageboard with some bullshit ad hominems.

nice.
>>
>>73229065
>Guys who listen *exclusively* to heavy metal are overcompensating for how wimpy they are by listening to "tough" music
You have any proof?
>I can acknowlege that some of that's good, but what the fuck to you listen to when you feel happy, or you feel down, or you want a big morale boost. Metal is hardly a good flavor for every mood.
There literally is metal for every mood.
>I was a sperglord that listened almost exclusively to metal too back in high school and then I discovered there's a musical spectrum. I like funk, blues, disco, and southern rock the most. Usually I listen to music to give me a happy positive vibe (which funk or disco can do perfectly) to increase morale, metal is no good for this.
God damn it, this is pasta...
>>
>>73229065
listening to only one genre is the most plebeian thing you can do offense intended
>>
>>73229099
t. 16 year old
>>
>>73229261
t. pleb
>>
>Guys who listen *exclusively* to heavy metal are overcompensating for how wimpy they are by listening to "tough" music.
This 100% applies to fans of Meme Grips, Swans, and Peter Sotos.
>>
is that bones?
>>
File: 1435678025377.png (496KB, 586x424px) Image search: [Google]
1435678025377.png
496KB, 586x424px
Looks like OPs at it again.
>>
>>73229065
>Guys who listen *exclusively* to rap and hip hop are overcompensating for how wimpy they are by listening to "progressive", "black" music.

>I can acknowlege that some of that's good, but what the fuck to you listen to when you feel happy, or you feel down, or you want a big morale boost. Rap is hardly a good flavor for every mood.

>I was a nu-male that listened almost exclusively to rap back in high school and then I discovered there's a musical spectrum. I like funk, blues, disco, and southern rock the most. Usually I listen to music to give me a happy positive vibe (which funk or disco can do perfectly) to increase morale, rap is no good for this.

>Rap is what you listen to when your wife's boyfriend drinks all your mountain dew and is loudly fucking her in the next room.

see OP, I can do it too
>>
>>73229065
t. /mu/ slave
>>
>this bad of bait mixed with your own personal projection
what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>73229377
Metal is when plebs decide they want to roll with the big boys so they take their plebian art form and turn everything up to 11, thinking they can be high-art now (fucking lol). When you listen to metal, you lose the right to call others a pleb
>>
>>73229982
>plebian

you never had any rights whatsoever
>>
>>73229982
See >>73229863
>>
Name a better genre than death metal. I'm waiting.
>>
>>73230142
Your mom moaning while I bang her
>>
>>73230142
slam
>>
>>73230182
>>
>>73229065
Listening to metal since I was 13 in 2007.
I mostly enjoy black metal, death metal, folk metal, viking metal, trash metal, industrial black metal and stuff.
What do I listen when I'm sad? Still metal.
Other music is boring to me.
Taste in music changes, it still didn't change for me though
>>
File: 1418874692497.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1418874692497.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
I personally listen to everything

except country, opera and rap

Iron Maiden rules \m/, lil wayne sucks
>>
>>73229065
>Disco
Even worse than most metal. And it's not. Like funk, blues and southern rock are obscure and challenging genres to listen to.
>>
>>73229065
t. mu-male
>>
>dad rock is bad because its old
>when did you grow out of metal

what did mu mean by this?
>>
>>73229065
no one does that above the age of 14. why do you care what 14 year olds do, and why are you redditspacing?
>>
Most of us who like metal don't listen to it exclusively. In fact the only metal I listen to anymore is black metal.
>>
>>73229065
>Guys who listen *exclusively* to heavy metal are overcompensating for how wimpy they are by listening to "tough" music.
What bands would you say are trying to be tough, but are really a bunch of pussies? What kinds of things do they do/say/write about that suggests this?

>I can acknowlege that some of that's good, but what the fuck to you listen to when you feel happy, or you feel down, or you want a big morale boost. Metal is hardly a good flavor for every mood.
Have you listened to Manowar, Sabaton, or some black metal?

>I was a sperglord that listened almost exclusively to metal too back in high school and then I discovered there's a musical spectrum. I like funk, blues, disco, and southern rock the most. Usually I listen to music to give me a happy positive vibe (which funk or disco can do perfectly) to increase morale, metal is no good for this.
What kind of sperglord things did you do? Did listening to metal assuage your insecurities? What caused you to discover funk/blues/disco? Who are your favorite artists in those genres, and why?
>>
>>73230142
black metal
>>
>>73230142
Black Metal of course
>>
File: HUUUUUUUU.png (347KB, 952x532px) Image search: [Google]
HUUUUUUUU.png
347KB, 952x532px
>>73230142
Death metal is one of the most innovative, surprising, and entertaining genre that has come out in the last 2-3 decades. I am not shitposting.
>>
If you're listening to music to make a statement, it's a phase. You were never a true fan of metal.
>>
>>73229065
You're right but the stinky neckbeards on this board will never admit that
>>
>>73233792
how dare you
>>
>>73229065
I was agreeing with you until you used a shitty meme
>>
File: hitler-25.jpg (40KB, 805x603px) Image search: [Google]
hitler-25.jpg
40KB, 805x603px
>>73229065

Who actually thinks this ?! like genuinely ?!

Metal is mainstream music, like not even kidding metal is wildly regarded as a goofy over the top genre...

Like long hair in itself is goofy af, most "metalheads" are pretty self-aware and know that

t the genre is basically a parody of itself..

/

I was a sperglord that listened almost exclusively to metal too back in high school and then I discovered there's a musical spectrum. I like funk, blues, disco, and southern rock the most. Usually I listen to music to give me a happy positive vibe

Seriously you sound like a massive faggot with bad perception skills, nobody actually thinks metal is "tough"

>inb4 triggered metalhead, metal isn't even my fav genre
>>
>>73229065
>Metal is hardly a good flavor for every mood.

Sounds like you don't know shit about metal.

Happy: trad metal
Sad: agalloch

there is no third emotion
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.