[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are The Rolling Stones worth listening to? I grew up listening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: chron1967.jpg (33KB, 337x309px) Image search: [Google]
chron1967.jpg
33KB, 337x309px
are The Rolling Stones worth listening to? I grew up listening to all their classic hits as a child and I thought they were okay but wasn't too crazed by them. They had a lot of hits so I have heard a lot by them. Although, I have seriously never listened to an album of theirs in full. At this point in my life, I can't really listen to a lot of those hit songs because I find them corny. I still like songs like Under My Thumb or Ruby Tuesday. Should I bother playing their records or do you think I will be disappointed?
>>
They had a ton of classic songs but they are more of a singles band than an AOR band.
>>
only their stuff from the 60s is worth listening too 2bh
>>
>>73226290
They got three really good albums
Let it bleed, exile and some girls the rest of the albums have 2 good songs in them with a ton of shit in them
>>
>>73226318
I think I will probably like their stuff from '64-'67 but I'm not sure about albums that all the publications hail as classics such as Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St., Let It Bleed and Beggars Banquet.
>>
>>73226349
Those are good though.
>>
They have a lot of great songs outside of their well-known singles. Couple of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6Xh7x9i40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLFo68-L9vI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNY8eYmzdH4
>>
My favorite of theirs is Sticky Fingers. Moonlight Mile is so underrated. Easily my favorite by them.
>>
It's just ok, think of all the other music from their time until now that you could listen to instead
>>
>>73226290

listen to flowers, exile. sticky fingers, let it bleed, beggars,

find out which era those 'corny' songs are from
>>
>>73226318
>>73226349
Voodoo Lounge is underrated
>>
File: Dirty Work.jpg (53KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
Dirty Work.jpg
53KB, 500x494px
>>73226318
>not loving their 80's output
>>
Start off with their "Greatest Hits" albums.

Believe me there are plenty of them. In fact The Rolling Stones are one of the only bands that I know of that have released Greatest Hits albums in every decade they've existed. Sometimes even TWO Greatest Hits albums in one decade.

Some will argue that you should stop listening to them after Brian Jones died while others will argue that they're still a good band up to the early 1980s.

Listen to as much of them as you can and as much as you can stand and decide for yourself.
>>
File: stones.jpg (541KB, 1737x899px) Image search: [Google]
stones.jpg
541KB, 1737x899px
>>73228463
Good way to start.
>>73226290
Get GRRR! It's a 3-disc career-spanning retrospective.
>>
their only two really enjoyable albums are Satanic Majesties and Flowers. People say the former is a Sgt. peppers ripoff but it does a lot of unique stuff.
>>
>>73228563
Satanic Majesty is GOAT especially for songs like Citadel, In Another Land, (The ONLY song Bill Wyman was ever allowed to sing) She's a Rainbow, and especially 2000 Light Years From Home! I don't know why people compare this to Sgt. Pepper.
>>
>>73228595
because superficially, it's the same DUDE DRUGS LMAO aesthetic.

but yeah, give Satanic Majesties a listen and see for yourself how you feel about it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.