[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>intentionally destroys everyone's ears by randomly adding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: aphextwin fieldday 2017.jpg (33KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
aphextwin fieldday 2017.jpg
33KB, 720x450px
>intentionally destroys everyone's ears by randomly adding ridiculous resonances and distortion
>ends his set with harsh noise and a sample of someone screaming "FUCK OFF"
>everyone cheers throughout and says it was the best thing they ever saw
ITT; post things about artists that dont make sense unless you see them live
>>
>>73225460

what a good boy
>>
>>73225460
He's been fucking around during DJ sets since the 90s, he once played a sandpaper record and stuck a microphone in a blender
>>
File: 3QK8XKs.jpg (24KB, 226x239px) Image search: [Google]
3QK8XKs.jpg
24KB, 226x239px
>>73225645
wtf,the absolute madman
>>
>>73225645
What a genius wow

How does he come up with it!
>>
>>73225645
gosh hes really stepping outside our boundaries
>>
>>73225748
>>73225775
this is why "IDM" is such a fucking retarded genre.
>>
>>73225645
I still can't decide if he's fucking hilarious or a shitty little edgelord. Probably both, kek

>>73226176
He actually hates that term. Thought that was common knowledge here.
>>
>>73226203
lets be real.... how much do you even listen to aphex twin? I'm not trying to be insulting but I doubt anyone ITT is even a huge fan of his, I know this because his obscure releases only get like 10k views max on youtube. I totally get it, you guys pay him to be an artists and he tells his "Fans" with his music that he hates them.
>>
>>73226224
I'm actually a pretty big Aphex fan, I've heard all his projects released under that name and I'll play some random "hidden" playlist of his from soundcloud/youtube occasionally

That's kind of a stupid argument though, if you have such an expansive/obscure discog then of course you can just scoff at your fans and say you hate them for not being good enough

I try not to judge him for it though, because tons of good artists hate their fans. Guess I just lack the perspective to understand it
>>
>>73226267
It's not that you guys as individuals aren't good enough or anything, I doubt it's that. It's more him directing his pent up anger about society in general at his fans. It's how he feels, and he's expressing him self.

I doubt Aphex Twin gets people coming up to him after his set and he's like "Fuck off you twat!!!!!", matter of fact, if you or anyone else isn't really that into Aphex Twin, that's fine. Not everybody has to like his music.
>>
where are u idiots getting the idea that he hates his fans? because he ends his sets with gabba/noise/speedcore? lol?

it's supposed to be a cathartic end to the set, nothing more.

>I'M GONNA PLAY WHITE HOUSE AT YOU CUNTS BECAUSE I HATE YOU AND I HATE SOCIETY

do you really think this? lol

also

>intentionally destroys everyone's ears by randomly adding ridiculous resonances and distortion

this doesn't happen
>>
>>73226293
So it's just projection, huh? Not a bad theory. It's either that or part of the "act" or the "art." I don't really get it and I don't care to. I think the actual music is the most important part of any act/artist, and the rest is just tangential.
>>
>>73226312
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkC41EOfeEk

yes, who the fuck would want to go one of those aphex twin live sets too? Absolute fucking lol. It's like, being the kid who goes to a party and unplugs the aux and puts on fucking weird ass shit x 1 million.

Can't believe he gets paid for this shit, but I'm glad he's getting more attention I guess, if it makes people happy. It'd be a real waste of time for everyone if he has to play what he knows is a shitty set, to fans who didn't even have that great of a time. In that situation, I'm the only one at least enjoying the specitical of it all. Doesn't seem like a good system to me.
>>
>>73226387
I was having fun listening to this music too, as soon as I shared it with you guys... because you guys don't even like aphex twin.... totally kills the vibe
>>
>AFX plays dance music that isn't Murican EDM
>/mu/ricans are confused

/thread
>>
>>73226448
>AFX™ plays dance music that isn't murican EDM™
>People in search of human interaction shuffle about awkwardly looking for something, anything, to fill the holes in their hearts

per usual
>>
He does the fuck off with harsh noise thing at the end of a lot of his sets, saw him in 2012 and he did the same thing
>>
>>73226476
It was fun when the goth chick with her nipples periced showed her bewbs
>>
>>73226448
Most of the crowd seemed to enjoy it though, I mean you don't go to see aphex twin if you dont know what you're getting into.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.