[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this considered a classic? I mean, it has some great tracks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: MMLonesomeCrowdedWest.jpg (130KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
MMLonesomeCrowdedWest.jpg
130KB, 340x340px
Why is this considered a classic? I mean, it has some great tracks but also quite a bit of filler.
>>
there is only 1 (one) song on this album that could be considered filler by an idiot
>>
>>73221395
>there is only 1 (one) song on this album that could be considered filler by an idiot

Long Distance Drunk AND Jesus Christ was an Only Child are filler tracks. LDD Is like 5/10 and JCwaOC is no more than a 3/10.

Lounge could be cut in half and Truckers Atlas wouldn't hurt to lose a minute or two as well.

The closing track is extremely underwhelming and the album should have ended with Bankrupt on Selling.
>>
>>73221511
>Styrofoam Boots
>underwhelming
>>
>>73221511
>Jesus christ is an only child is filler.
>forgetting that every album after Long drive has a standard short song to serve as an intermission
>>
File: 3e8af528.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3e8af528.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
I was in the mood the other day so I've actually listened to Lonesome Crowded West quite a few times in the past week and the album has aged incredibly well. Its not my favorite MM album, I'm in the This Is a Long Drive camp, but I wouldn't say any of it is "filler".

My least favorite track is probably Shit Luck, and thats only because despite having great riffs its pretty one note
>>
>>73222104
What's the one song that puts you in that camp? For me the tipping point is probably Head South
>>
Jesus Christ is an Only Child is honestly a great track
You're kind of right about LDD but that's one song out of a 75 minute album.
>>
>>73221511
Weak opinion, but I do think Lonesome West could've reached higher heights, along with every other Modest Mouse album... always close to genius, but never hitting the mark
>>
>>73221511
>>73222219
Why does everyone think LDD is a bad track? It's one of my favorites on the album.
>>
>>73221511
Long Distance Drunk is the weakest track but still not bad. It's not skipable. Jesus Christ was an Only Child is great, you are a pleb.
>>
>>73222219
I don't understand how people can like Jesus Christ is an Only Child. Like, how do you not find it obnoxious and grating beyond belief?

>>73222300
The melody is weak, no real progression.
>>
>>73222353
What's your personal favorite from the album? Just curious.
>>
>>73222404
Heart Cooks Brain, without a doubt. But there are plenty of great songs on the album.
>>
>>73222404
>>73222447
Teeth Like God's Shoeshine>Doin The Cockroach=Cowboy Dan>Heart Cooks brain.
IMO
>>
>>73222503
what's your stance on Trailer Trash then?
>>
>>73222182

I'm big on the tracks also on Interstate 8 such as Tundra/Desert and Novocain Stain.

The one song that puts me over though would have to be Make Everyone Happy/Mechanical Birds.

The thing I really like about This is a Long Drive is the sense of progression that occurs from song to song. Hell, the album is even perfectly named, its fantastic music to drive long distances listening to.
>>
>>73222503
Just Below Heart Cooks Brain. Not that I don't love that song, as I love every song on the album except for a mild enjoyment of LDD.
>>
>>73222353
I don't know I just find it enjoyable. I get that it's kind of quirky and can seem grating. I mainly like the rhythm of the guitar and the vocal cadence just flows nicely for my ears. I like the fiddle as well.
>>
Teeth Like God's Shoeshine>Cowboy Dan>Doin' the Cockroach>Trailer Trash>Styrofoam Boots>Heart Cooks Brain>Lounge>Convenient Parking>Trucker's Atlas>Shit Luck>Out of Gas>Long Distance Drunk>Jesus Christ was an Only Child>Polar Opposites>Bankrupt on Selling
>>
>dude what if we write bad melodies with ironic lyrics and include a bunch of fillers so that hipsters can feel special by claiming one of the worst songs is their favorite
>p4k : 10/10 ALBUM OF THE DECAYDE
>>
>>73223326
what the fuck are you talking about? what song has modest mouse made that could even be considered as "ironic"?
>>
>>73222590
Other anon here.
Thats my favorite song on the album so much truth in it, it makes my heart ache
>>
>>73223326
absolute retard
>>
>>73223405

Pistol (A. Cunanan, Miami FL, 1996)
>>
>>73221395
>>73221545
>>73222010
>>73223735

all correct.

this album is absolutely legendary.

>>73223326
you are a 10/10 faggot
>>
>>73222353
Grating isn't necessarily a problem. I don't think music should be sweet and pleasant all the time.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.