[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Accidently deleted my 250gb library >Don't feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: Joe Rutka.jpg (259KB, 819x767px) Image search: [Google]
Joe Rutka.jpg
259KB, 819x767px
>Accidently deleted my 250gb library
>Don't feel like killing myself

Am I already dead?
>>
>>73213826
Yes, I'd be crying my eyes out if that happened to me
>>
The "library" that you pirated anyway?
>>
just restore the recycle bin bruh
>>
>>73213848
The guy probably didn't have rare stuff
I would lose my humanity if I lost my music library, I have all sorts of rare stuff that took months and even years to build.
>>
>only 250gb
>>
>>73213826
*Accidentally
>>
>>73213882
Same , I have stuff from limewire days, oink, deleted blogspots, and the stuff i got from what.cd. I also keep all the comics I've gotten in the same folder as my music since I update then often
. Op always have to hard drive backups and give a copy to someone else
>>
>>73213826

it was probably 247GB of crap anyway
>>
>>73213877
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(illusion)
>>
File: lol kill me plz.jpg (22KB, 385x202px) Image search: [Google]
lol kill me plz.jpg
22KB, 385x202px
>>73213847
I'm an idiot. I was going to put it onto dropbox (I had just paid for pro), so I "added" it to my dropbox folder. It created a second folder in the dropbox, so I deleted it because I wanted to store it on the web and not have a second set. Turns out that first folder became a symbolic link. I should've realised something was wrong when it asked me to delete 250gb.

>>73213880
It was too big to go into the recycling bin. So I just bypassed it.

>>73213882
It was precious to me. I had some stuff that I considered rare.

>>73213884
I was/still am building and adding to it

>>73213931
See pic.
>>
>>73213826
how do you accidentally delete a 250gb folder? That would take like 20-30 minutes to delete, plenty of time to realize your mistake and stop it.
>>
>>73213976
>I had some stuff that I considered rare.
For example?
>>
What really pisses me off is that I spent so much time meticulously archiving entire artists' discographies, and now the best case scenario is I get the files back all fucked up. DESU if the tags are fucked in any way, I'm just gonna bite the bullet (perhaps literally).

>>73214002
It took like 30 seconds. That's what gave me a false sense of confidence before I realized that I was fucked.
>>
>>73214002
Freudian slip. He knows he's a criminal and should be punished.
>>
>>73213826
best day of your life, man! get soulseek and reinvent yourself!
>>
>>73214082
Enjoy it while you can criminal Scum.
>>
>>73214082
Where do you think I got all the music hahaha (HAHAHA).
>>
>>73213826
I think OP did it for the karma
>>
People eventually get as much freedom as they can handle. None.
>>
>>73213826
You know that there are plenty of free programs that can restore deleted files right?
>>
>>73213976
If you stop using your drive, there's free software out there that will get most if not all of your files back.

The data is still there in 1s and 0s when you delete. It's just marked as "ok to overwrite" after being deleted. So as long as you haven't done much new stuff with your drive the files will all be there, with the same tags and same folder structure (most likely).

https://diskdigger.org/ can check if they're there for free, and it's only $15 for the full version. Not a shill - I've just used it before and it's saved my ass.
>>
>>73214105
well, what's keeping you? throw a coin, will you be a k-popper or a metalhead next?
>>
>>73214104
you literally cannot steal files. they do not exist.
>>
>>73214153
This. You can probably get all of it back if you don't use your hard drive. When you delete stuff they never get really deleted until you overwrite them with other things on hard drive.
>>
>>73214150
What I'm currently hoping will save my bacon

>>73214153
Cheers mate, I'm using recuva right now, and if that doesn't work, I'll def give diskdigger a go. The 'keeping of the tags & folder structure' is the biggest hope for me.

>>73214166
I spent the last of my coins on a fidget spinner
>>
>>73214179
Yes but you violate the owners copyright.
>>
File: Robert Fowler.jpg (306KB, 819x767px) Image search: [Google]
Robert Fowler.jpg
306KB, 819x767px
Is it weird that I feel... unburdened by perhaps losing it all?
>>
>>73214286
No you realize youre a criminal with shit taste anyways
>>
>>73214231
pffffffHAHAHAHAHA
that's the best you got?
I'm all for exchanging services/goods for goods/services, if need be in the form of currency but the idea of intellectual property is ridiculous.
>>
If you can't remember the shit you deleted then they weren't worth having anyways
>>
>>73214311
sticks and stones may break my bones, so please hit me with both so I may feel something :)
>>
>>73214319
>but the idea of intellectual property is ridiculous.
How convenient for you. Care to share all of your literal garbage compositions if you even have them?
>>
>>73214352
If you feel something it's called justice.
>>
>>73213969
Whyd u link this
>>
>>73214365
Give me 30 bucks and you can have 7 of them.
>>
>>73214319
It's not intellectual property rights. The record label has distribution rights for that music, you are denying them part of those rights by taking it. At least justify it to yourself correctly.
>>
>>73214417
Why? Intellectual property is ridiculous. They're not even yours to give. They're mine by right. You literally owe them to me.
>>
>>73214432
>listening to artists who care if people download their music 4free
>>
>>73214504
Then they'll put it on bandcamp for free.
>>
>>73213826
>Not having backups
>>
>>73214432
That's even more ridiculous. If I download a file I own it. It is literally in my possession and I can share it with whom I please.

>>73214461
That's not how it works. I give freely to whom I want to give under agreed-upon conditions. If you can get my compositions elsewhere for a lesser price you are free to do so but you can't. It has nothing to do with intellectual property, distribution rights or other such nonsense, it's physical reality. Of course you could also take them by force but that's not really a thing on the internet.
>>
File: john.jpg (20KB, 346x386px) Image search: [Google]
john.jpg
20KB, 346x386px
>>73214543
This was going to be the backup
>>
>>73214562
>but you can't.
Gee I wonder why. You also cant get the turd I just shit in the toilet.
>>
"One" hour left
>>
>>73214562
>agreed-upon conditions.
Which is what? Dick pics?
>>
>>73214622
I don't want it either way. What I can get is Death In June's complete discography, a physical (vinyl/cd) version of which would cost me 500-1500€.

>>73214754
30 bucks for 7 compositions.
>>
File: soros-via-progressivestoday.jpg (41KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
soros-via-progressivestoday.jpg
41KB, 960x540px
>>73213826
>collecting digital music
>>
>>73214179
Sure
Tv shows don't exist either
In fact any media on the internet doesn't exist
>>
>>73214798
Yeah, it's as if it's nice and convenient to have a music library I can access whenever (with the plan of where ever) I feel like it without the hassle of physically storing it somewhere.
>>
>>73214798
It's easy and convenient to acquire/store and it's FREE.
>>
File: uh oh.jpg (22KB, 385x200px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.jpg
22KB, 385x200px
uh oh, i think it's recovering too much data, because I definitely did not have 1.7 million files on it at the time of wiping.
>>
>>73214760
>30 bucks for 7 compositions
>get them for less if you want
Youre not even making sense and just very obviously want to excuse your own criminal behavior. Don't worry the choice will be made for you.
>>
>>73214760
>Death In June
This conversation is over. You will reap what you sow.
>>
>>73214798
You can't keep posting unrelated Soros images in nonsensical situations.
>>
>>73214987
How am I not making sense?
>>
>>73214798
kek
>>
>>73214839
you're welcome for the lack of hassle. good goy. keep collecting!
>>
File: _1x_1.jpg (73KB, 538x780px) Image search: [Google]
_1x_1.jpg
73KB, 538x780px
>>73215022
>he perceives it as nonsensical
yessss...yess.....YES!
>>
>>73215075
You're contradicting yourself. It doesn't matter. This decision will be made for you. Watch.
>>
>>73214328
This. I lose my library like every few years and don't care much because I can always find my favorite stuff fairly easily
>>
>>73215178
I am not contradicting myself. Buy from me for a set price if the price is worth it to you or don't and either get the product somewhere else (a filesharing client for example - or ask an equally skilled composer to sell you an equal amount of compositions at a lower rate) or go without the product.
At what point did I contradict myself?
>>
>>73215285
>get the product somewhere else (a filesharing client for example
Which isn't for the "agreed-up on condition" not to mention you wouldn't even get the money. So you're fine with someone getting $50,000 for your compositions and you never see a red cent?
>>
>>73214562
So I have a right to come into your art gallery and take photos of your painting s and sell prints? That's literally delusional.
>>
>>73215367
Are you dense? The agreed-upon condition concerns only the exchange between the parties who agree to it. You and me for example. Buy from me, the condition is 30€. Buy from the other guy, the condition is $50,000. If someone is stupid enough to pay $50,000 for something he could buy for 30€ that person deserves their loss and the merchant deserves the money for finding the one idiot who would pay that much. However, people would rather spend 30€ instead of $50,000 so they would buy from me, not him. And, since he is selling my compositions he must have bought them from me or someone else who bought them from me.

But I think we are losing focus here, and this concerns >>73215423 as well. As George Soros has repeatedly reminded us, we're talking about digital media - media that can be losslessly multiplied and stored without producing any cost that lies outside of the cost of our internet connection and computer hardware and that do not lessen the quality of the original product. The copy of a file is in all aspects identical to the original file. The idea that the value of such a file should be an expression of anything else than its rarity and possession of it should be anything else than the presence of it on a person's computer is ludicrous.
>>
itt: actual criminals
Just accept the fact that you're stealing and move on
>>
>>73215675
>If someone is stupid enough to pay $50,000
Gimme that file and watch the damage I do. If it's not literal fetid dogshit which it is. If it wasn't though I'd sell it to Nabisco and every rat fuck that wanted to use it. Intellectual property is ridiculous after all.
>>
>>73215675
> I think we are losing focus here, and this concerns >>73215423
Wow youre literally sick. Or did this in anyway remotely address what you replied to?
>>
>>73215783
What are you even talking about anymore...

>>73215808
Photos of paintings =/= copies of digital files, that's the point (although I wouldn't oppose you selling prints of your photos obviously).
The idea that lifting intellectual property restrictions on digital files would help sales of bootleggs is idiotic as the files would be freely available once made available by a willing customer after purchase from the artist.

What would that mean? The abolition of record labels and the downfall of pop music in general, the rise of passionate instead of commercial artists and the return to a medici-style patronage system in the case of expensive "high" art.
>>
Having a library is for plebs and showoffs. I deleted it and only listen to music I haven't heard before. Make a few exceptions every now and then but that's it.
>>
>>73215675
The problem in your reasoning is that the agreed-upon condition doesn't only concern the exchange between the parties who agree to it. Because of the current state of intellectual property law, an implicit condition of the agreement is that the buying party cannot sell or share the file himself. I see you think that's not how it should be, but that's how it is.
>>
>>73216001
>the return to a medici-style patronage system in the case of expensive "high" art
That's delusional
As if the Medici's didn't use their patronage to acquire exclusive art. You think they would've paid for something literally anyone would benefit from? Why would anyone even pay for that?
>>
>>73216284
>You think they would've paid for something literally anyone would benefit from? Why would anyone even pay for that?
That's the fucking point, you moron! Ahh!
I'm out of here.

>>73216240
That is also the point, I am describing a hypothetical situation. However I am also describing a black market scenario under the condition that filesharing exists which you are ignoring.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.