[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old news, but this bugs me still: Why did everyone give Phil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0474.jpg (51KB, 638x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.jpg
51KB, 638x420px
Old news, but this bugs me still: Why did everyone give Phil Anselmo so much shit over this when a.) they kiss Dimebag's ass despite him being the same way when he was alive and b.) Phil has been yelling "white power" stuff onstage literally as long as he's been famous.

http://loudwire.com/philip-anselmo-white-power-nazi-salute/
>>
Wasn't it at a memorial thing for Dimebag? Probably because of that desu. I could imagine people seeing it as being a bit disrespectful, and then I suppose others were just offended because of the whole Nazi thing in general. It was all quite blown out of proportion though.
>>
>>73212712
Darnell was a nazi too. If anything it honored his memory
>>
>>73212712
I could see that, but they must just not realize that Dimebag basically held the same beliefs, the whole band did.
>>
>>73212733
>>73212744
Probably, but I'd imagine that most people complaining about it weren't long-time Pantera fans so much as chancers who happened to have glimpsed it and ran with it.
>>
>members of Pantera were all nazis
WTF I love Pantera now
>>
>>73212927
Not nazis I think or maybe not even white "supremacists" in their own minds. But it was like a "white pride" thing. They hung around black musicians and would probably never say any of this shit around them, but they were proud of being white.
>>
>>73213229
>being proud of being white

That is textbook white supremacy, how far up your ass are you in that you're denying what is or is not an obvious image of that symbol.
>>
>>73213254
That's why I said in their own minds. Never implied that I agree with any of it. Was just around them quite a bit in the 90s.
>>
>>73213254
>>73213229

Before you two risk going back and forth on an obnoxious /pol/esque conversation, it's probably worth mentioning that Phil is not a smart man and his worldview is probably self-contradictory and makes little sense.

So if y'all want to parse the intentions and motivations of someone who is basically a very successful 13 year-old boy, have at it.
>>
>>73213254
"i am proud of my race" != "my race is superior to all others"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.