[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are you guaranteed to get famous if you produce some really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: david-bowie.jpg (118KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie.jpg
118KB, 1080x810px
So are you guaranteed to get famous if you produce some really good music and then produce some really lame shit a little further down the line, and just keep making lame shit for the rest of your career? Just look at every band that was once famous, like metallica, slayer, every big metal band basically, david bowie, whatever. I'm not gonna name them all.
>>
>>73209365
>david bowie
>keep making lame shit for the rest of your career

confirmed for pleb
>>
When did Bowie get bad?
>>
>>73209448
when was bowie good?
>>
>>73209448
When did David Bowie get good?
>>
good did get bowie bad when?
>>
>>73209365
>the list goes on...
>>
>>73209365

Miles Davis got better as he got more popular.
>>
>>73209505
He really went down hill towards the end though, making weird shit and dressing like he was strung out on drugs. I really respect him though, because he seemed like he literally burned out in every sense of the word, after making a huge string of amazing albums. He was literally in his home in squalor for a while, with cockroaches and shit. After that he was pretty much done.
>>
>>73209365
i'm genuinely trying to comprehend your retarded logic op and i just can't. are you trying to say that artists become famous only after the quality of their work degrades? because bowie first became famous for space oddity and then became an absurd sensation because of ziggy. are you trying to say the really good bowie material was that first album he disowned? or do you mean that the good stuff was pre-ziggy and ziggy and everything after is lame? or do you have some cognitive impairment that makes you confused about causality?
>>
>>73209365
The phenomenon you are describing is this process:
>artist is young and exciting, makes music people love and attains success
>once artist has success, they get bored and venture into new musical territory, alienating original fans
>artist grows up and makes more adult music, that younger generations consider lame
>>
>>73209577
Hey man, I'm just saying. You have to get good before you can get bad, of course, in cases like this at least. No, I'm just noticing a pattern. Maybe most bands release really good stuff and then suck, I wouldn't want to exclude all the lesser known bands who release some pretty good stuff and then go on to release some awful garbage. Oh, I'm sorry though, I forgot that everything is "subjective". Fuck off with that bullshit.
>>
>>73209602
Give me one example of this happening, where an artist makes more "adult music" which immature kids think is lame.
>>
>>73209613
Bob Dylan
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.