[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some music to wallow in misery, shit is just going south

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1424487702853.jpg (188KB, 926x896px) Image search: [Google]
1424487702853.jpg
188KB, 926x896px
I need some music to wallow in misery, shit is just going south in every way. There's only so many times I can listen to pic related.
>>
The Hotelier - Home, Like Noplace Is There for an album in the same vein and TDAG.

Although you probably already know about that.
>>
Hi OP, I love TDAG as well as >>73204027

It's true, they're similar (although TDAG is 10x the masterpiece). If you want more of the same check out Still Bummed by Nouns, and I Will By Me Own Hell Because There Is A Devil Inside My Body by Teen Suicide.

Do you want suggestions outside of the emo/post-hardcore genre? Because I love me some sad music across the board.
>>
>>73204010
Defeater - Empty Days & Sleepless Nights
just comes to mind because it has a similar cover but it's really emotional as well
>>
>>73204274
Yeah, genre isn't too much a restriction. I like Devil and God because it relays such a sense of frustration among other things.

Thanks for the recs so far
>>
>>73204363
are you looking for angry/frustrated sounds or will pure give-up misery do?
>>
>>73204363
The Downward Spiral
>>
File: Elo_Eldorado.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Elo_Eldorado.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
This is a pretty good one. Guy jumps off a building at the end.
>>
>>73204399
ideally both
>>
>>73204482
alright, here's some no light at the end of the tunnel shit I personally enjoy most:

Low - I Could Live In Hope

Songs: Ohia - Magnolia Electric Company and Didn't It Rain

Kid Dakota - So Pretty

Carissa's Wierd - Songs About Leaving

The Wrens - The Meadowlands

Beck - Sea Change

Most stuff by Elliott Smith
>>
>>73204546
>The Wrens - The Meadowlands
I listened to this last night actually. Great pic mah nigga.

Also, for you guys who enjoy Brand New, protip: Switch "Untitled" and "Arrows" around in the tracklist, and the album flows way better at the end.
>>
>>73204573
it's criminally underrated, The Wrens are maybe the most human and honest a band can be
>>
>>73204618
Its one of the most relateable albums ever to me honestly...and it just gets more and more depressingly relateable as time goes by too.

Fuck.
>>
>>73204644
The hour's almost up
You said into your cup
And it makes no difference now
As I help lift your bags out
I'm lost and out of rope
While on my wrist you wrote
Your newest number down
I kind of said your name
But you'd turned to your plane
So I backed my car out

real talk their saddest song is actually on Secaucus, Jane Fakes a Hug
>>
File: sketch-1496565671337.png (632KB, 1920x780px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1496565671337.png
632KB, 1920x780px
Hang in there brother
>>
>>73204723
TDAGARIM is not the same kind of sad by a long shot as A Crow Looked At Me. The latter is too personal to relate to.
>>
File: Victorialand.png (365KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
Victorialand.png
365KB, 500x488px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYdQ3J91VFg
>>
>>73204010
If you want some stuff in the vein of that album, check out Varuna by The Republic of Wolves. It's literally Devil and God worship.
>>
Smog-The Doctor Came at Dawn

One of my personal favorites.
>>
>>73204010
>>
File: Ian Curtis feel.png (21KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
Ian Curtis feel.png
21KB, 500x658px
Joy Division is the most depressing band I've ever heard and I love it, not even Radiohead or Tyler The Creator can compete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EdUjlawLJM
>>
>>73205345
poor endorsements my dude
>>
Kauffman & Caboor - Songs From Suicide Bridge
>>
B U R I A L
U
R
I
A
L
>>
>>73204010
put a gun to your ear and pull the trigger and listen to that then you faggot

jk
>>
>>73205585
HE COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW EASY IT WAS
>>
File: 1222.jpg (44KB, 454x454px) Image search: [Google]
1222.jpg
44KB, 454x454px
>>
>>73204010
Bright Eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh2JPK9cGZw
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.