[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to like this album a lot, but recently I read the lyrics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: cover.jpg (392KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
392KB, 1200x1200px
I used to like this album a lot, but recently I read the lyrics and holy shit, this is a work of a genius.
Is Phil Elverum dare I say /our guy/?
Post more albums like this (not from the Microphones, Mount Eerie or NMH)
>>
>>73204007
favorite lyrics?
>>
It doesn't matter how good his lyrics are if he has the voice of a twelve year old and actually listening to the album puts you to sleep
>>
>>73204024
Basically I Felt Your Shape and Samurai Sword together and My Warm Blood as the encore.

"You're a bear foraging for a kill
Your massive paws press down the snow"
The bear is obviously his ex.

The transition from I Felt Your Shape to Samurai Sword is just genius.

"After the realization on I Felt Your Shape, Phil no longer sees this particular person as a human, but a foraging bear that could be set off at any moment."

The first three songs are fucking genius too, but that's just the highlight of the album for me.
>>
>>73204064
>>73204133
s h i t t a s t e
>>
>>73204064
>>73204133
it feels more personal and intimate. i didn't like them on first listen, but then i tried singing along and i got it.
>>
this is the result when the only music you consume is indie-shit posted on this board
>>
File: 1473891752730.gif (979KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1473891752730.gif
979KB, 500x501px
>>73204316
>only to fuck the rest of the album up
nah
>>
>>73204133
How is he whiny, and what are non whiny vocals, Robert Plant?
>>
File: 1493494098262.jpg (29KB, 364x302px) Image search: [Google]
1493494098262.jpg
29KB, 364x302px
>>73204248
>>
>>73204133
>Never really understood the appeal of whiny indie vocalists.
They make nu-males and entry level hipsters feel things
>>
>>73204421
mad
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.