[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this modest mouse album? It's the only one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1114.jpg (38KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1114.jpg
38KB, 286x286px
Thoughts on this modest mouse album? It's the only one of theirs I've listened to and I really enjoyed it, are their other albums similar in sound? I enjoyed the johnny marr guitar
>>
>>73199169
Its regarded generally as being a step down from their previous material. Good News is far more consistent if slightly front-loaded and the albums before have received substantial acclaim to the extent where The Moon and Antarctica as well as the Lonesome Crowded West are considered among the greatest albums of their respective decades. To give a brief summary.

>This is a Long Drive & Lonesome Crowded West could probably be mistaken for being made by a different band is not for Brock's unique vocals. Both are far more sparse instrumentally and only feature the original trio (Isaac Brock, Eric Judy and Jeremiah Green), as a result the performances are far more raw if that's your thing and also a lot more bare. The vocal delivery is much stronger and the lyrics whilst not as developed are delivered with passion that cannot be matched on their later material, there are also a lot of instrumental segments which tend to drag out the lengths of their respective albums (though add enormously to the atmosphere and quality of such).
>The Moon and Antarctica represents an enormous change in sound and is easily their most experimental work, recorded after being signed to Epic and thus having a far greater budget to create the album, features more grandiose string sections, backmasked guitars, arguably Brock's greatest lyricism also and clearly the creative peak of the band.
>Good News is far more commercialized and accessible than Moon and Antarctica so thus marks the divide in the fanbase where some may consider it as the band "selling out", in spite of this it is a great record in its own right and the band handles a more radio-friendly sound spectacularly, as can be seen with tracks like Float On and Ocean Breathes Salty (though many fans won't dare admit it).

Don't bother looking at Strangers to Ourselves, there's not much to salvage from it. And try their EPs/ compilations. First and foremost the Moon and Antarctica if you're looking to get into them.
>>
wwd has a few great songs, but i absolutely hate little motel. i wish it wasn't on there at all.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.