[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for advice from /mu/sicians here. I'm looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Taking_Back_Sunday_in_Baltimore.jpg (44KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
Taking_Back_Sunday_in_Baltimore.jpg
44KB, 604x453px
Looking for advice from /mu/sicians here. I'm looking to start a band, but having a hard time finding people. I live in a pretty large city so there have to be people out there. I've done it with my close friends before but it didn't turn out great for our friendship. I'm mostly hoping to bring in strangers or get acquantinces from local shows to hop on board. Part of the trouble I think is only singing and not playing an instrument proficiently, however, it's not like that's unprecedented by any means. How do you sell yourself? How have you guys got things going in the past? Any and all advice is appreciated or even just stories of how your band started. Thanks!
>>
>be me
>start band all the way back in 11th grade
>me on bass, plus a guitarist/vocalist and a drummer
>it wasn't really a "band" initially, we only performed for school projects and shit
>become an actual band on 12th grade, after adding a lead guitarist
>hard rock with influences from punk rock, heavy metal, jazz, and prog
>we hit it off, and in a year we had 15 songs
>all the while, get comments about how our drummers playing is not satisfactory and sounds like a drum machine with no feel
>we feel ready to record our first demo, and after that start looking for a new drummer
>fucking broke and no money to go to an actual studio and hire a real engineer to make recordings
>we got our drummer to record his parts in a studio by himself
hired a friend of ours who was studying to be a sound engineer to mix the tracks for €100
>ridiculously cheap
>After the drummer was done recording, we went to our friend's house to record the string instruments and the vocals
>it soon became apparent that the drum tracks were shit, and it was the drummer's fault
>hope that our friend would be able to handle it and somehow fix the drums
>after a week of desperate work, he tells me the vocalist and the lead guitarist that the drums are fucked beyond repair and releasing something like that would be unprofessional both for us and for him
>instantly decide to fire our drummer
>it was exam period so we didn't tell him right away so that it would ruin his morale
>start looking for new drummer
>for for drummers in facebook groups, make adds on various websites
>only 4 responses
>one was from a guy living 500 miles away that didn't think to look what city we are based in
>another was a smug metalhead that all three of us ended up hating
>the 3rd was a guy that could only play in 4/4
>4th one was into post rock and had wirtten a few songs of his own, pretty good, but he didn't like the music style of our band
and that brings us to today, still looking for a new drummer
>>
>>73192367
Yeah drummers really seem to be far and few between. The drummer for my last band was actually the reason things didn't work out. All ego and no talent. Were Facebook groups pretty helpful?
>>
>>73192652
Much more than the ads actually, 3 of the 4 responses came from our posts on Facebook groups.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.