[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a better hip hop album? >radio hits >classic street

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ready to die.png (153KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
ready to die.png
153KB, 480x476px
Is there a better hip hop album?
>radio hits
>classic street jams
>tracks on it are still being sampled to this day
>album weaves together into a story
>ends on a high note and ties into the next album
>even in his lower end verses every lyric still paints a clear image in your head
>not pretentious or trying too hard to be deep
>different producers throughout the album make sure it doesn't sound the same all the way through
??
>>
the sex skit brings this album from a 10 to a 9 desu
>>
>>73189596
eh, it wasn't THAT bad. maybe down to a 9.7
>>
He's a great rapper but there are no /great/ beats, and the production is pretty bland. It's a classic, but it's kind of a classic I resent cause it's just not good enough to really like even if it stays in your head so easily and is so iconic and consistent
>>
>>73189908
>rapping about robbing people is pretencious
what did he mean by this?

no but seriously that's not pretentious at all. people have been doing that for so long and so often it's funny. if anything you could criticize the track for having a bland concept, but the storytelling is on point and it's expressed in a way that really hasnt been done beforehand.
>>73189937
idk man, the production on Big Poppa and One More chance are pretty memorable. same with machine gun funk. i think the songs with more lackluster beats are made up for by the lyrical content (i.e. Suicidal Thoughts)
>>
>>73189381
to fully answer your question I guess going by your definition of a great album no but there have been hip hop albums that are considered "better"
all Eyez on me by Tupac has much better production and a more clear point to existing I doubt there ever has or ever will be a better rap debut but I'm not sure if it's the best fullstop
>>
>>73189381
>different producers throughout the album make sure it doesn't sound the same all the way through

This was pretty unhip-hop prior to '94. Working with one producer (maybe your DJ) was cultural practice till this year (illmatic)

.>>73190639
Unbelievable is fucking hard bro.
>>
mm..food
>>
>>73190714
>>73189381

>Is there a better hip hop album?

I can't say it's objectively"better" but this is pure hip-hop to me. Well, this and Radio. Radio might be the purest of hip-hop records.
>>
Inb4 some faggot ass memer says TPAB
>>
>>73190714
All Eyez On Me is unnecessarily long and most of the songs have pretty much the same exact content, save for a couple with specific themes like Hit Em Up. Aside from a few good beats, the album is pretty much the same all the way through and once you've heard the first couple of songs you've pretty much heard em all
>>
>>73189381
>he listens to hip hop albums
Lol cringe, hip hop isnt even an album genre. If you listen to hip hop through albums you're doing it wrong.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.