[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a classicalfag at some sort of indie concert about to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I'm a classicalfag at some sort of indie concert about to start, with friends. I have no idea what the unspoken social rules here are. Anything I should know?
>>
>>73182928
get off your phone to force yourself to interact

always remember bad dancing is better than no dancing
>>
get drunk
>>
>>73182952
>there's going to be dancing
I guess I should've been clued in by the disco lights
>>
>>73182928
So in the restroom I'm able to enjoy the music much better, since I'm not focused on ear pain.
I want to watch the show though, and not hog the restroom.
What do?
>>
>>73183828
go home
>>
>>73183899
Or maybe I could go a ways outside where I could hear it just fine
But then I wouldn't be able to watch the musicians.
>>
>too late to recommend earplugs
fuck
well now you know for next time
>>
>>73183828
stealthily fingering your balls will make the pain go away

also stop being a shitbaby
>>
>>73182928
Why would you even go to a pop concert? Sounds loud, annoying and embarrassing.
>>
>>73185019
Lesson taken to heart.
Early on I was trying my best to non-obviously cover one ear at a time so I could still hear it as intended with the other.
>>73185394
http://www.hearingloss.org/sites/default/files/docs/NoisePollution_infographic.pdf
I would like to be able to hear music normally until at least 60, especially since my career depends upon it. Pain is simply an indicator of the damage being done, even if you've learned to be numb to it.

Why is the standard rock concert volume 115dBs anyways? Is it the need to compete against the volume of the crowd? To compete against the volumes of other bands?
>>
>>73186674
the louder the volume the harder you can rock. if you play an instrument you understand.
>>
>>73186674
The feeling of sound vibrating your body is an intentional part of the experience. Much of popular music is evolved rather than designed. So it's not like someone said, "let's play as loud as we can without someone calling the police", but people start to notice that the music feels better when it's louder. So they just ran with it and now it's a thing.
>>
>>73186711
If all you have is forte, fortissimo and fortississimo, it all sounds the same. To really rock harder you need to have quieter contrasts.
I mean, I totally get the thought behind that, but it's still silly.

>>73187127
I did think that might have had something to do with it. I've never felt that before, it felt like a new heartbeat in a different meter. That was cool.
It's a shame that requires such unhealthy volume. Not sure how you could replicate it otherwise.
>>
>>73187250
why is Ionian objectively the most boring mode
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.