[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I better infuse my influences into my work without coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

How do I better infuse my influences into my work without coming off like a copycat? As an aspiring artist I still have trouble figuring out what exactly I want to make and how to make it. I want to be a rapper, btw.
>>
>>73182097
The secret is to be a shameless copycat at first and then let it naturally evolve based on your own talents and individual tastes

Also in hip hop the real key is to either self-produce or to work closely with a small number of producers, because it'll only positively effect your sound vs taking a beat and an acapella and throwing it together and hoping for the best
>>
>>73182097
All rap sounds exactly the same so even if you rip people off no one will know
>>
>>73182192
(you)
>>
>>73182153
>The secret is to be a shameless copycat at first and then let it naturally evolve based on your own talents and individual tastes

you sure?
>>
write more
don't try and be in a specific style. that will happen whether you want it to or not.
>>
>>73182192
this is true.

"yuh, yuh, yuh, yuh, ma bitches know i the realest, uh uh uh, yuh" - kendrick lamar, the greatest rapper of all
>>
>>73185098
I always just end up writing like the last person I listened to.
>>
good artists borrow. great artists steal, theres no third direction
>>
>>73185275
and what the fuck is the difference between stealing and borrowing in this context
>>
>>73185369
credit
>>
>>73187266
>>
>>73185275
You misinterpreted that quote

By stealing the quote means to take their ideas and make them your own, not literally TAKE what they do as in plagiarize

That'd be COPYING (or borrowing), which the quote says only "good" artists do
>>
>>73182097
IT'S ABOUT THE PIECE
IT IS ALL FOR THE PIECE
THE PIECE MUST STAND ON ITS OWN
>>
>>73188087
Thank you.

It's just too bad I don't know how to (or maybe don't want to) make anything my own, I'm a piece of shit.
>>
byuuuuump
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.