[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about these guys? Really interested in them lately,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: The Residents.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The Residents.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Can we talk about these guys?
Really interested in them lately, after having ignored them for a while. Their early stuff seems really, really great. I'm amazed at some of the stuff they've done on these for saying a lot of it was pre-punk, let alone pre-post-punk.
>>
>>73176305
I've only heard the Commercial Album by them but I really loved it, how does that compare to their other stuff?
>>
>>73176305
Look for the delta the delta nudes, it the residents before the residents actually happened. Zappa wrote a song for them as the delta nudes
>>73179096
There's a reason it's called commercial album, most accessible one . Their newer
Stuff is hit or miss. They have like a series on YouTube I don't think many people know about .
>>
>>73179259
>They have like a series on YouTube
like that shit my man, i love their music and i didn't know it was a thing.
>>
Is it true that The Residents have changed band members through out the years?
>>
I had to do a weird meditation type thing to this song for an acting class once. It was really weird and kinda creeped me out so I haven't had the desire to listen to them since

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BoU1YTWENA
>>
Eskimo is their only album I've heard all the way through. Then I tried Duck Stab and Constantinople turned me off so much I didn't listen to the rest.
Is most of their other stuff like that?
>>
>>73179868
Accidentally didn't mention, I loved Eskimo like crazy. Didn't want it to come across like I didn't enjoy it which is how the way I typed it sounded.
>>
>>73179793
Yes, most of the original members don't even participate anymore, which is why their modern output is a bit more serious.
>>
Not Available and Fingerprince are my favourites
>>
>>73179927
Is there a timeline of membership, even if it's under pseudonyms available anywhere?
>>
>>73180054
I don't think there is one, but the booklet of Demons Dance Alone, says something about the original members not participating/barely participating on the project
>>
>>73179868
>Constantinople
Most, no, a lot of it, yes. Eskimo aloneis great and unique on its own. Walrus Hunt is the weirdest/best intro I've heard
>>
>>73179860
Do it anon... do it. Give in to the cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duIdkblpaJU&list=PLC7CE0D985C30502A
>>
Is it basically confirmed that Residents are Homer Flynn and Hardy Fox and until 1982 Jay Clem and John Kennedy at this point?
>>
>>73179868
For some reason I hated Duck Stab and didn't really like Eskimo that much either but Meet the Residents, Not Available, Commercial Album and Third Reich n Roll are great
>>
HERE I COME CONSTANTINOPLE HERE I COME
>>
>>73176305
Anybody who has not listened to the masterpiece known as Not Available is simply a plebeian. Arguably top 10 for me.
>>
>>73180916
Don't forget Vileness Fats.
Her voice is beautiful on Part One.
>>
>>73182690
Not Available is quite possibly one of, if not the greatest album I've ever heard in my entire life
>>
>>73182788
<3
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.