[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did 35-year old swans of all bands end up with one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: swans.jpg (127KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
swans.jpg
127KB, 1200x960px
how did 35-year old swans of all bands end up with one of the worst, most cringeworthy fanbases on the planet (i.e. teenage 4chan edgelords), and does this correlate with death grips somehow ("angry"/aggressive music having high meme value)?
>>
>>73172164
I hadn't thought the fanbase was too edgy but I bailed out of /mu/ back when TBK came out so things could have changed.

I don't think Gira cares, and for all the weird edgelords and "so random" fans like the chick in a bunny hat in The Seer live DVD there are actual fans who just go for the music
>>
>>73172301
I went to see them the other week, and the crowd seemed fine, just one splerg who probably browses this site wearing a cat mask.
>>
>>73172164
Dont know anything about that, i once had the chance to see them live once and desu the people there were all 18+ (or atleast looked like) only saw one underage.
>>
>>73172164
a lot of pretentious sadmen like them. not all garbage people are under 20 though
>>
>>73172390
when I saw them a few years ago there were two pricks in cat in the hat type hats and fur coats filming him and being wankers and Gira called them out, it was great
>>
>>73172164
>how did 35-year old swans of all bands end up with one of the worst, most cringeworthy fanbases on the planet (i.e. teenage 4chan edgelords), and does this correlate with death grips somehow

The answer is the memelord Fantano.
>>
>>73173114
makes sense. i know he gave to be kind the rare 10, but the spergs were around for the seer as well. did he review that one?
>>
>>73173311
It got a 9.

The Seer is better, and Fantano's taste is lacking.
>>
>>73173365
8 actually
>>
well no wave had literally one good album in its entire existence. so they pivoted to post rock, a sure bet. then they got acclaim, so they repeated the same formula with their industry knowledge and insider PR connections. The Seer was a good album. Then they became extremely boring and click-baity.
>>
>>73173365
can we please not acknowledge that clown, apart from tearing into him for legitimizing amateur criticism?
>>
The crowd at St. Andrew's Hall in Detroit was pretty normal. There were a few hipster-types there, but nothing strange.
>>
>>73173799
Melon is a quite likable beast tho.
>>
>>73173799
your daddy gira did that already http://www.liveinlimbo.com/2014/06/12/capsule/capsule-33-swans.html
>>
>>73173881
gira has a very pleasant voice! i figured he'd sound like the mouth of sauron
>>
File: IMG_2060.jpg (47KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2060.jpg
47KB, 409x409px
>>73173758
>Gira
>PR Connections
>>
>>73173758
my god you faggots on the internet are such faggots
>>
>>73174603
getting rave reviews doesn't just happen buddy. sorry it's not 1969 anymore
>>
>>73174878
mikey...
>>
File: folder.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
First time listening to pic related, i haven't heard anything more inaccessible, perhaps only Sunn O)) or Nanocyborg Uberholokaust
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.