[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My face when p4ks sale to conde nasty and embrace of poptamism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: jim.jpg (63KB, 1364x746px) Image search: [Google]
jim.jpg
63KB, 1364x746px
My face when p4ks sale to conde nasty and embrace of poptamism has opened up a hole for a new website to cater to hip young white people while p4k jerks off to beyonce or some shit, and p4k will stop being cool soon
>>
That's a good point.

Do you really think in the current climate that there will be another big tastemaker site like what pitchfork was the beginning of the decade??

P4k is literally the buzzfeed of music these days.
>>
>>73168823
I actually came up with this thought when i stumbled upon a weird website that reminded me of old p4k back when it was mostly white.

https://www.readdork.com/
>>
>>73168459
>and p4k will stop being cool soon
It's already uncool now for this very reason.

gg cuckfork.
>>
>>73168459
Tinymixtapes would pick up the slack if there is any.
>>
>>73168838
I dont think people have fully realized yet. And i dont think another website has taken its place.
P4k is like a band that started out cool then sold out.
We just need all the cool people and bands decide a new website is the cool website and p4k is done and left to become beyonce think piece central
>>
I think the end results of p4k selling out to the man, and embrace of poptamism is that it lost its taste maker status, no one takes it seriously on guitar music anymore, and its become like every other music website, catering to pop plebes. This leaves a hole for a new website to steal all the cool kids, white yuppies, and become the new taste maker. I think by 2020 p4k will be fully abandoned and left to the plebes.
>>
>>73168865
I don't know who these "cool people" are, but I know if anyone around me or my friends admits to reading pitchfork, we cringe.

Regardless of whether you do read it or not, Pitchfork has been an uncool site for a long time now. No one admits to reading it (at least in my circles of friends) because it is extremely entry level/plebian/uncool.

And just because no other site has stepped in to claim the title of "#1 cool hipster blog" doesn't make p4k any more relevant.
>>
>>73168959
P4k will not be fully defeated till its replaced by a cooler younger blog and loses all its power of taste making
>>
>>73168865
>I dont think people have fully realized yet. And i dont think another website has taken its place.

you are definitely under the age of 18.

The only people who don't realise p4k's lame are kids who have just discovered music and blogs in general.
>>
>>73168865
>I dont think people have fully realized yet.
They have.
>And i dont think another website has taken its place.
VICE already has, look at what Noisey covers and what P4k covers.

>>73168932
P4k getting bought out turned them into Rolling Stone 2.0. You can't stay relevant when you're that big and focus on the mainstream. Lots of their better writers and organizers have already left for new work.
>>
>>73169036
>VICE already has, look at what Noisey covers and what P4k covers.

vice was cool for like ten seconds in the early teens, then it got bought by rupert murdoch and just became clickbait central.\
Vice is going to become like p4k, that website your remember from the early teens and late 2000's that got replaced by cooler, hipper, people
>>
>>73169075
>vice was cool for like ten seconds in the early teens, then it got bought by rupert murdoch and just became clickbait central.

My point wasn't about how "cool" they are, they're big now, big enough to fill P4k's shoes, they're basically the hip, edgier version of P4k.

I like reading The Quietus but they're not anywhere near becoming as big as either, nor do I think they ever will be.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.