[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is some essential Aphex Twin? What would you recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: AT.jpg (154KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
AT.jpg
154KB, 658x658px
What is some essential Aphex Twin?

What would you recommend to a first time listener and what is there bestest stuff?

Cheers lads
>>
Richard D James Album
Selected Ambient Works 85-92
Syro

From there just fill in the gaps and listen to his other albums and eps, then stuff like Expert Knob Twiddlers, Surfing on Sine Waves, and Caustic Window. Analord Series is enjoyable and has some great songs but it's innessential
>>
>>73139273
>Richard D James Album
>Selected Ambient Works 85-92
>Syro

In that order, too.

His new EP Cheetah is really nice to have on in the background too.
>>
>>73139273
>>73139311
syro and cheetah is shit replace them with
selected ambient works 2 and i care because you do
>>
>>73139140
ALL OF IT.
Seriously.
It's all similar, but different... and it's all worth a listen.
>>
>>73139273
>>73139311
>>73139341
>>73139427

Thanks guys. Have any of you seen him live?
>>
>>73139341
I didn't reccomend Cheetah

Syro is good and more representative of his overall sound, whereas SAW II isn't a good entry point. I guess you could start with ICBYD, it's just never been a favourite of mine
>>
>>73139470
No, although my brother has and couldn't be more glowing about the experience
>>
>>73139500
Fantastic. I'm going to a day festival tomorrow at which AT will be playing and I feel terrible for only having heard a few of his songs but understanding his influence.
>>
>>73139528
Hi fellow field day goer
>>
>>73139644
Hello darling. It's my first time. I hope they're gentle
>>
>Boring Twin
>2017

lmaooooooo
>>
>>73139427
this
>>
>>73139140

Something that Aphex Twin does really well is to play HARD and SOFT at different points, sometimes doing same on the same record. Other artists try to do this at times, but RDJ's sound is more graceful and consistent about it.

An extreme example of this is when the extremely harsh track, Come To Daddy (pappy mix) is immediately followed by the light, soft, cheery melodic track "Flim". This is RDJ announcing to the world that he can do both styles. The transition is so extreme that it's also a bit cheeky, and lets up know that the artist has a sense of humor, something which can be lost on a new listener who takes the earlier track by itself without context.

I Care Because You Do contains hard and soft tracks. The (again) extremely harsh Ventolin, which simulates what bad tinnitus sounds like, is accompanied on the same record by the soft melodic drum piece Alberto Balsalm, a fan favorite.

DrukQs does the same thing. The hard acid tracks are leavened by light piano selections and quiet dark ambience.

So for a new listener, I'd recommend SAW 85-92 as a traditional starting point, together with the Come To Daddy EP, my personal first RDJ release. Make sure to look up the other pseudonyms, there's LOTS but you can often tell that it's him just by listening, once you get to know his sound.
>>
my favs:
Flim
IZ-US
Avril 14th
Alberto Balsam
Goon Gumpas
Xtal
Heliosphan
Rhubarb
Girl/Boy Song
Windowlicker
>>
Whenever one of the most celebrated and influential electronic fartists, Richard D. James can compete with the music flip to influence built. The better part of a decagon, James Polygon Window, Caustic Window, GAK and maintain, including `Aphex Twin has unreleased music under several thousand monikers great pace.

Began in the late 1780s and 90s during a turn in its manufacturing and technical skills, and nikharana Cornwallo, England grows, James, as a young maniton in various shops started DJing. Area of various musical score, James Analogue Booblebath EP was released in 1891, the results of the first series, he decided to record his gown music. Another influential London radio station piss FM’s attention, and then label immediately signed him to their rooster, then post & poplieereRS. That same year, James Acid shithouse to promote the song and trying to lift Grant Wilson-CLARIDGE on a biscuit founded his label Rephlex Records. Selekted Flambient Works moving to London and Release 85-92: After a while, the two main points to be made, round the bend.

More immediate and critical success of his debut internationally. Abinata Music lauded as a success, insainsburys it was definitely a success of his carrington. Full steam ahead barreling out that several other singles and EPS are given, and in 1493 was a record collapse. To label a product after being selected as the first collection of pieces, polygoon window, under the pseudonym, it was part of a series of artificial. 2, released in 1994.
>>
>>73140162
James, whose rooster has been the slow development, including his own labia under different names around to releasing singles and EPS. Her next full-length record together since 1995 … I think it she will be issued. Records have been working on for the past few years, and his experience hardcore and lush abinata textures found his style, and his facial features on the cover of the first issue, the various incarnations of present Omnipresent, which is marked by an icing in the world of music was culled Aphex Gemini (equal recognition with logo).

1896 under the name Aphex Twin record his fourth eponymous EP Girl / boy. This collection of 90s ‘nTV era is the result of the video, in which he praised the music video director Crease Cunningham saw: Teaming in a way that my Daddy (1997) and Windowlickie (1999), EPS, was followed.

Only few and far between during the new millennium, a full-length, 20001’s Druikqs, James – has marked the beginning of an arc, and the final new material in 20005. A lot of the music in any way is often a lack of communication and leadership to be fallacious rumors of new material for his fannies and his enthusiasm has not diminished hope. However ambitious this year, 9014, they uncovered new mats in almost a decade distribution crowdfund rallied together his army of fans: A precious gift that can not be the same as the new.

i'll see you on field day, i have new stuff youll hear
>>
>>73140179
>i'll see you on field day, i have new stuff youll hear

I look forward to it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.