[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like this more than Deathconsiousness. Is Giles Corey a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (224KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
224KB, 1500x1500px
I like this more than Deathconsiousness. Is Giles Corey a good project to get into?
>>
Yes but both HANL albums are better than Giles Corey.

I like this album more too, I think it works better as a album than Deathconsciousness even though the later got better songs.
>>
>>73134171
Yeah my exact feelings. Deathconsiousness is kind of disorganized. Kinda like the glow pt 2, but not nearly as good as the glow is, because it feels like that album was meant to be that way
>>
>>73134197
I can't listen to Deathconsiousness anymore without wanting to skip to the highlights while I can listen to all The Unnatural World easily. Great comparison.
>>
>>73134141
I also like that album more, but Giles Corey blows them both out of the water.

Only listen to it if you want to be much more depressed. And only listen to Deconstructionist if you want to be scared.
>>
>>73134244
I can listen to the second disc, which is Waiting for black metal records onwards all the way through, Everything before that besides the bloodhail and the gloom just doesn't feel like they belong there, the opening makes it seem like this is gonna be some drone or Ambient Album, then you hear this post-punk shoegaze song when it fades out. It just doesn't fit as well. I still like the Album, but goddamn is Unnatural World Better
>>
>>73134274
I'm a fan of the atmosphere, it took me a while to get what Deathconsiousness was doing, and I've been in love with that dark, depressing atmosphere ever since
>>
>>73134322
what about hunter you nigger

also giles corey is 100% worth getting into if you like HANL. its the same dude for moot's sake
>>
>>73134418
Yeah I knew that Dan Barrett was behind Giles Corey, which is why I asked. Hunter is a good song, but I feel like it needs to be moved to a different place on the tracklist like a good portion of the songs.
>>
>>73134418
It's kind of like Mellon Chollie and The Infinite Sadness. The CD tracklist is awful, but that vinyl tracklist is God-Teir. My main problem is with the tracklist, is what I'm trying to get across.
>>
>>73134452
i'd agree it's a very disorganized album.

i dont hold it against it though, i guess he lost the masters like 4 times during production
>>
>>73134484
I don't really know the story behind the Album besides a few details. Is there a link to an article or something that really goes into it?
>>
>>73134507
not really. this article has some cool details i didn't know though.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/have-a-nice-life-deathconsciousness-retrospective

he really did lose the masters though so it's literally pointless to own it in FLAC... which i do anyway
>>
>>73134577
I'm wanting to get the record on vinyl, which is also pointless, thanks for the link.
>>
>>73134640
i got a giles corey s/t vinyl complete with the book and everything and i dont even have a working record player anymore

i love dan and tim they are cool guys
>>
>>73134695
Yeah I guess it's to help the artists out, I bought Unnatural World on vinyl 2 days ago. Waiting for that to arrive in the mail. I'll probably listen to Giles Corey and decide if it's worth buying more than Deathconsiousness on vinyl as well.
>>
>>73134805
listen to No One Is Ever Going To Want Me and then go buy it because that song is good enough to warrant a purchase on its own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO-eAldJmA8
>>
>>73134837
OK I'm 2 minutes in and I'm interested. It sounds like a lot more minimalistic than HANL
>>
>>73134916
get through the end of that song

dont kill yourself though
>>
File: hinter.jpg (259KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hinter.jpg
259KB, 1000x1000px
Hinterkaifeck is the superior Giles Corey release.
>>
>>73134939
Damn.
>>
>>73135102
thats good shit my friend
>>73134963
i haven't really sunk my teeth into that. i should.
>>
>>73134805
Waiting for Have A Nice Life records to arrive in the mail
>>
>>73134640
I think they changed the mix for the vinyl, so while its still mp3 quality its at least remixed so doesn't sound exactly the same
>>
>>73135485
Eh, it's something I guess
>>
Yes, the fucking best dude. Don't miss out.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.