[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so fucking hard to produce music? Like I got the ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Why is it so fucking hard to produce music? Like I got the ideas and everything but as soon as I open Ableton the whole mix sounds boring. Not because the synthesizers have bad patches or bad melodies but it's always lacking atmosphere and somehow never sounds rich
>>
>>73132880
Just record your music onto a cassette. No one uses computers to make music anymore.
>>
just put a 4/4 kick over m9 chords
>>
>>73132880
where the fuck did you even find this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1on24M9lI

>>73133088
that sounds very very boring
>>
that's electronic music for you
>>
layer more, paulstretch animal samples, modulate vocaloids
>>
>>73133088
How is this helping with the atmosphere m8

>>73133245
Well I enjoy all kinds of music but my own sound shit
>>73133256
Layering is actually something I was never going for because I've always tried to make the sound phat in the synth. Maybe that's where I should start, thank you man
>>
>>73133198
Idk was watching videos on sound design this popped up so I thought it would suffice as pic
>>
>>73132880
Equalize every sample
Add effects
Pan slightly some tracks to the left or to the right.
>>
>>73132880
It's because you're listening to it as it's being made so you know all of the parts and imperfections. Also just add reverb to cover up the boring parts
>>
>>73133718
>add reverb
fuck off
>>
>>73132880
Too much reverb on your drums probably. At least that's what I just figured out with regards to my own productions. Also, properly EQ the wet signal on your Reverb channel (don't just slap Reverb on everything and call it a day). As for programming drum patterns, don't make it too complex. Try to layer your snares with other random interesting sounds like pops/clicks, or various percussion sounds.
>>
>>73135708
The trick is to never overdo things, this applies to pretty much every area in music production, whether you'r EQ'ing a track, applying reverb (better too little than too much, generally speaking, but depends on the genre as well), layering sounds (don't layer too much bass sounds / synth sounds, this can cause phasing and the signals will cancel each other out, resulting in a dull sounding "floaty" mix).

Protip: If you find you spend too much time EQ'ing a sample to fit in your mix, get rid of it and find a better sample, period. This helped me immensely.

In other words: keep it simple
>>
>>73135708
Oh I wish it was "too much" of something but it's totally "not enough" of something haha

This snare-layering thing is a really good idea tho
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.