[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Mayhem's classic lineup (Dead, Euronymous, Hellhammer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Per Ohlin Live.jpg (69KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
Per Ohlin Live.jpg
69KB, 500x735px
Was Mayhem's classic lineup (Dead, Euronymous, Hellhammer, and Necrobutcher) the greatest black metal band of all time? I'm talking about the very brief time when they existed as a band, before all of the church burnings and the murders and the stupid scene drama, when they were just a bunch of young guys trying to make music.
>>
>>73127443
fuck off blackie queer
>>
Maybe not the greatest, but the Mayhem story will always be tragic to me. They almost singlehandedly created, and destroyed an entire music scene because of stupid petty drama. They were just kids. All of them, even Dead, had aspirations, and their lives were destroyed because Euronymous was such a fucking edgelord drama queen.
>>
>>73127486
Pretty much this. Fuck that guy.
>>
Mayhem is overrated.
>>
>>73127443
but dmds is the best mayhem album. (if not the best classic bm album in general) i can take or leave dead's vocals desu. attilla's weird vocal inflections on dmds are something else
>>
>>73127486
Euronymous. simultaneously the second coolest person ever and the worlds biggest faggot
>>
>>73127486
>Dead had aspirations
I very much doubt that. And it sounds like you're blaming his death on Euronymous, which is retarded.
Black metal wouldn't have a fraction of the interest in it that it does now if not for all this 'petty drama'
>>
>>73127769
The DMDS line up is their best line up actually. Attila, Euronymous, Varg, and Hellhammer are all incredible musicians.
>>
>>73128532
I like attila, I think he's incredible these days, but I hate his performance on DMDS
>>
>>73128518
Some people have claimed Euronymous sorta egged Dead on.

Still not responsible, it's not like he put a shotgun in the dudes mouth for him. People have also claimed a lot of things about the period so who fucking knows.
>>
Eh, I mean sure there music is ok, but I think people are biased because "good ol black metal days", there are piles of bands that are better both in terms of musicianship and general output.

Also I would like to point out it was more than "just a bunch of guys just trying to make music", it was Euronumous being an edgy dickwad who wanted to be the boss of everything and tring to be the king of black metal or whatever bullshit he wouldve called himself.
>>
>>73128532
Snorre Ruch of thorns too, he was also a member of mayhem at the time and wrote many of the riffs for dmds even though he didn't play on it.
>>
>>73131673
Very true. A lot of the "new" (stuff written after 92) songs on dmds are heavily indebted to Snorre. Listen to the Thorns track Funeral March to the Grave and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>73130080
Based Varg for lamping the edgelord
>>
Mayhem is hilariously better than Burzum, it is funny how the murderer gets all the hype when modern critics look back at that time period.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.