[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just gave this my 3rd listen. I've just got back from like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 225x225px)
download (1).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Just gave this my 3rd listen. I've just got back from like a 3 month vacation so I'm very fucking behind.

>Ctrl+f Kendrick Lamar / Damn
>Find no discussion

So whats /mu/'s thoughts on DAMN?
>>
the more I listened to it i found i liked it less and less. What good there is on the album is offset by half the album being weak tracks that tried but failed to bridge the gap between kendrick's classic sound and poorly realized hooks
>>
File: IMG_1235.png (137KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1235.png
137KB, 750x1334px
the patrician tracklist
>>
It's alright. Some really good (PRIDE, FEEL, FEAR, DUCKWORTH) and some absolute shit,. I feel I don't need to say which those are. For Kendrick, it's nowhere near his best but still comfortably one of the better rap releases this year. It's a testament to his consistency.

I'll be sticking to UU for the time being.
>>
>>73124429
I largely felt the same.
My favorite tracks in no order:
Dna
Yah
Pride
Xxx
Duckworth

Not to say I hated the other ones I just felt they suffered from what you were saying.

Not to mention the weird political-god message of "God is punishing black people" Im not making any stances I'm just saying I found it a little out of left field
>>
>Great
PRIDE.
LUST.
>Good
DUCKWORTH.
FEAR.
XXX.
>Mediocre
DNA.
FEEL.
YAH.
ELEMENT.
>Bad
GOD.
LOVE.
HUMBLE.
>Shit
LOYALTY.
>>
>>73124491
For sure, he's definitely the best rapper right now. If he was a bit more "showoff" and maybe took more shots I'd compare him to the likes of MF Doom(in terms of ability and lyricism). But a modern-day version.
>>
File: Reg.png (342KB, 553x651px) Image search: [Google]
Reg.png
342KB, 553x651px
>>73124574
He's already declared himself the current greatest, and he is. He really doesn't have to take shots because even the next best aren't close.
>>
>>73124694
pretty much, and anyone who denies it has their head up their ass
>>
It was really bad, really killed a lot of my optimism for hip hop in 2017. Hopefully someone like Earl or Denzel can bring it back.
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>>73124377
Where the fuck did you go and where you from? I have never heard of a 3-month vacation nor have I ever gone on one longer than two weeks.
>>
>>73124694
That's why I wouldn't directly compare him doom. Because he would take shots at the rap game and everyone in it that did what he didn't like. He was a villain, one that no one could touch.
>>
>>73124745
I have family in Portugal, I stayed with them. I can work from anywhere as long as I have at least decent internet.
>>
It was okay. Has some great tracks I keep coming back to, but there's a lot of filler/duds. I really loved it when it first came out but I think after the hype wore off I can see it's just not as good as TPAB or GKMC. That being said, it's still probably going to be the best Hip-hop album of the year.
>>
>>73124780
Oh, I thought you meant you did no work for three months.
>>
>>73124377
just gave this album a 10, how will fantano retaliate?
>>
It's okay overall, but it is easily some of Kendrick's worst albums. Doesn't even compare to GKMC, TPAB or S.80. Damn was a bit of a let down. I expect more from this guy. He is a genius.
>>
>>73124564
I concur with this if you switched GOD. and LOYALTY. in the ranking
>>
Why doesn't /mu/ like HUMBLE? It's in my top 5 songs of this album
>>
shit tier whipipo rap
get the fuck out of here
>>
I must be one of the few people that didnt like any tracks on it, or the album at all.
>>
>>73124451
>no YAH.

what's the point, mane?
>>
>>73124377
I like every track on the album, and GOD is low-key one of the best on the album, helped largely by its placement contrasting with FEAR
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.