[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Indie Rock not seem to, you know, "rock" as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Pavement.jpg (87KB, 400x495px) Image search: [Google]
Pavement.jpg
87KB, 400x495px
Why does Indie Rock not seem to, you know, "rock" as much as it used to?
>>
File: power.jpg (235KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
power.jpg
235KB, 600x600px
Indie rock was always championed by effete yuppies, upper class castrati who see masculinity as vulgar and lower class.

There is something about being rich that makes you into a faggot.

I read a study once that showed lower class people lift weights more, while upper class people do cardio more.
>>
>>73120955
>Indie rock was always championed by effete yuppies, upper class castrati who see masculinity as vulgar and lower class.
This. Also the fact that popular music critics have been promoting effeminate music since at least the 60s. And it's just gotten more effeminate with time. Partly because of culture and partly because of the average drop in testosterone
>>
Because the water turned them gay and they're more in touch with their soft side
>>
>>73120897

Its time has past. Bands like Pavement have really depreciated for me. That sort of "whimsy" of the 90s early 2000s just seems completely irrelevant now.
>>
>>73120955
Pantera: the thinking man's music
>>
Like i was reading about the origins of shoegaze and how he original scene was killed by american grunge, because the music journalists saw kevin shields as some weak rich boy, while grunge came from a lowerclass place, and grunge had more power and screaming
>>
>DUDE COKE AND SLAYIN' PUSSY LMAOOO
yikes
>>
>>73121053
Pantera is music to punch someone to, something to rage to. I never said it was "thinking mans music".

You would never see some p4k brooklyn hipster who liked pantera.
>>
File: IMG_2033.jpg (102KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2033.jpg
102KB, 678x678px
>>73120955
>>73121012
LITrlu ThIs, wHa HAPPN big bAlls MUSic? wha HPPN tesTE TosTErond?
>>
>>73121104
>facebook meme
>phone poster
even ironically you need to kill yourself
>>
>>73121091
I actually know a hipster from Brooklyn who's favorite band is Pantera. He's at a Destruction/Warbringer concert as I make this post.
>>
>>73121091
I knew the singer's brother in high school. He was a real cool kid.
>>
>>73121104
dont you think its funny how rich people are more ready to run away than to fight.

I think they dont like the idea of a lowerclass person being strong or being able to beat the shit out of them
>>
>>73120955
But the thing is while the earlier acts weren't exactly on the level of Vulgar Display of Power or something they at least had some bollocks to them. Pixies, Pavement, Guided by Voices, Dinosaur Jr. etc. were bands that packed a bit of a punch, at least when they wanted to. Nowadays so much Indie is just sappy. I wouldn't be surprised if some haven't used a distortion pedal in their life.
>>
>>73121242
yes, that is absolutely why people avoid fights.
>>
>>73121242
I think it's because a lower class person has less to lose by standing to fight than a rich person does, that and (and I speak from experience here) those from a lower class background usually end up in environments where they have to quickly learn to defend themselves, either at work or at home, that richer kids more often than not don't end up in.
>>
File: IMG_2044.jpg (44KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2044.jpg
44KB, 640x427px
>>73121242
"Haha!
Yup, you guys are in control. Big strong guys working hard out there! We fear you more than you could imagine..."
>>
>>73121246
See
>>73121012
>>
>>73121139
fReakinG iRonicLy, i wAnt u tO diE : {)
>>
>>73121242
W-what?
>>
>>73121246
>hur durr if it dont gots distortion it aint music

Thats what you sound like
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.