[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /mu/'s opinion on this album. To be honest,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170601_220226.png (753KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170601_220226.png
753KB, 720x715px
What's /mu/'s opinion on this album. To be honest, I think it has some great songs and is probably the best pop hip hop album ever (not rap, there's adiffernce). Or am I just a nu -male for talking about this?
>>
its a great album, prob the only acceptable moby album to listen to.
but you are retarded for thinking its hip hop so you should probably kys before its too late
>>
>>73118621
>its a great album, prob the only acceptable moby album to listen to.

Nah, everything Moby did in the 90s is pretty legit.
>>
>>73118621
What genre is it then?
>>
>>73118585

It's very good but it's not balls-brilliant. 7.5-8/10, certainly much better than the stupid 5.5 or so that pitchfork assigned to it years ago, for example.
>>
>>73118649
>>73118621
Am I the only one who thinks that 18 is his best?
>>
>>73118652
i dont know sub genres very well but its definitely electronica, prob like downtempo or breakstep or some other sub bleep genre like that. but its not even beatmaking, which i assume you were referring to when you said hip hop
>>
It's a really good record, though while it has hip hop elements, I'd just call it a general EDM record. Moby was also obviously drawing on house to a huge extent.

Moby himself may have slightly nu male tendencies, but he's a genius, and his dance music doesn't have a nu male sensibility at all, so I think you're fine. It's not like Ed Sheehan, whose music is about being a jealous beta faggot, and whom you should never want to relate to.
>>
>>73118690
Wikipedia says so, so I guess your right
>>
>>73118765
Although I don't relate to him on a Mental plane, I very much relate to Ol' Ed on a phsical plane
>>
>>73118687
Yes
>>
>>73118806
;)
>>
Downtempo. It's called downtempo.

Moby, Nightmares on Wax, Zero 7, Bonobo, Afternoons in Stereo, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Boozoo Bajou, Lemon Jelly, Air, stuff like that.
>>
>>73118687
Moby's best shit are his first 2-3 records desu.
And Animal Rights is underrated, though I might have a soft spot for it due to it actually being the first Moby album I ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=donAp6G1Thw

Killer Mission of Burma cover too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nt5by-TsUw
>>
>>73119009
>moby playing post-punk/post-hardcore
>he's actually pretty good at it

what the fuck
>>
>>73119139
That album actually pretty much killed Moby's career at the time of its release lmao.
Practically nobody bought it and the critics shat all over it. His old audience hated it, the potential new audience of punk/MTV 120 Minutes kids completely ignored it(aside from my older brother, who saw the video for TWIRFMR on MTV one night and went out the next day and bought the tape, which was how I first heard about Moby in the first place). It wasn't until relatively recently that it received something of a critical reappraisal.
It's not that weird that Moby made a record like that though, considering that he started out involved in the US hardcore punk scene long before he started making electronic music. IIRC he was actually briefly a member of Flipper and the Cro-Mags at different points.
>>
I'm not sure if I've ever listened to it fully but I definitely have a few tracks saved from it. Seems fine to me.
>>
>>73118980
took too long for someone to identify that genre
>>
File: 1477806418827.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477806418827.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>73118585
One of the favorites on the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INB8Tp1Rkts
>>
>>73118621
Innocents is way better
>>
>>73118585
it's become Overused-In-TV-Commercial-Core now, but that album is really fucking astounding

The first half is some of the best sample-based electronic music ever created, and the second half segues into some really nice ambient. Because of this some people say it's front loaded, but it's more like a deliberate A and B side
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.