[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people know when an album has to ""click""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1494469358468.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494469358468.png
53KB, 200x200px
How do people know when an album has to ""click"" or if it's just shit?
>>
Do you know how retarded you have to be to even ask this question?
>>
If it has to click, it's shit 100% of the time.
Sometimes it has good parts sprinkled in but if it was an overall unenjoyable experience first time, it is shit.
>>
>>73118567
when it changes your fucking life
>>
>>73118567
Not a whole lot of albums that I initially don't like 'click' soon after, but over time as tastes change I've gone back and appreciated / loved albums I'd written off when I first heard them.

"Clicking" is just musical stockholm syndrome and peer pressure.
>>
>>73118601
How
>>
File: 1492979082120.png (119KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1492979082120.png
119KB, 500x513px
>>73118609
>>
>>73118609
>I say as I take my ADHD medicine
>>
>>73118772
Enjoying that mere exposure effect f a m?
>>
>>73118656
Whomst
>>
>>73118655
>>73118609

idk i feel like it's kind of in between these two. There are definitely albums that clicked for me after a couple listens, or at least got much better, but you should never have to force yourself to like an album. That's not "clicking".
>>73118567
i feel like as I've listened to music I've just gotten a general sense of whether or not an album is worth spending time on. I can usually tell from first spin if there's potential for a "click" in the future or not. Like any National album, or Beach House, or Blonde, got better the more times I played them, but I knew the first time I heard Loveless and Hissing Fauna that they wouldn't be for me. idk i feel like you just get a sense of it the longer you listen to music
>>
>>73118807
>implying that mere exposure effect invalidates enjoying music more the more you listen

>enjoying that cochlear stimulation
>enjoying that endorphin release from muscular strain

don't be another one of those reductive losers, anon, you're not that smart for knowing about the mere exposure effect f a m
>>
Good question. If it doesn't click the first time for me I can tell it's worth a second listen because there were interesting elements of it that I wasn't used to that I'd like to check out again. I can tell if it sucks if it is shallow bland and there's nothing I missed the first time
>>
>>73118800
Holy insecure batman!
>>
>>73118932
I'm not the one who doesn't listen to anything that isn't immediately accessible
>>
you usually know if it has something going for it
>>
>>73118567
I usually give an album a few listens before I judge the album. It took me 7 listen for In Rainbows to click and now it's one of my favorite album.
>>
>>73118567
if you're intrigued by it but feel like you haven't wrapped your head around it yet
vs thinking "wow this is neither interesting nor enjoyable"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.