[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look I enjoy Metallica okay. Yes it's pleb, yes they are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: images (7).jpg (14KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
14KB, 443x332px
Look I enjoy Metallica okay. Yes it's pleb, yes they are embarrassing nowadays. But fuck man, I just started listening to... And Justice For All on a middle school nostalgia trip and this is good shit. Eye of the Beholder and Dyer's Eve especially. Can /mum/ agree that this band was at one time pretty good?
>>
If you enjoy it it's bad.
>>
>>73109913
/mu/ not mum. Phone posting
>>
Early metallica is good and influential on metal, then they got old, and meh, and fought napster. And meal heads moved on.
>>
>>73109913
I feel ya anon, I listened to those first four albums probably 100 times each from 12-16.
>>
File: 1496207727475.jpg (197KB, 1024x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1496207727475.jpg
197KB, 1024x1018px
Yea m8 , if you watch Metallica live in Moscow 1991 and don't bust a nut, we can't be friends. I don't trust people who never went through a Metallica phase as a kid
https://youtu.be/_W7wqQwa-TU

this is unironically where white people peaked
>>
>>73109969
>not day on the green 1985
>>
Megadeth is better desu
>>
>>73109987

Not with that whiny, nasal Mustaine voice.
>>
>>73109987
Pre 1990
Metallica > Megadeth

Post 1990
Metallica < Megadeth
>>
>>73110008
Only album that kinda sucks in is Rust in Peace, rest of them sound perfectly fine.
>>73110009
I'd be inclined to agree with you if Peace Sells didn't come out before 1990. Metallica's first four albums are all really good though.
>>
>>73110009
>Post 1990
>Metallica < Megadeth
I actually agree, even Mustaine's pop-metal crap was better than all that Load/Reload shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDCihdLL6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBhnoFUpySA
>>
LANDMINE
>>
Everything from No Life til Leather up to "The Black Album" is GOAT. Anything after that with the possible exception of Garage Inc. is shit. (Of course I haven't heard the last two albums but I've been told they're as good as the old stuff)
>>
File: MI0003589314.jpg (72KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003589314.jpg
72KB, 500x444px
is it really that bad
>>
RTL>AJFA>KMA>MOP>The rest
>>
>>73109913
what is the main factor of plebiness, popularity or retarded fanbase?
>>
>>73109940
>meal heads
>>
>>73110250
0/10 troll
>>
>>73109913
I've been listening to these guys for 15+ years. When the fire goes out of your belly you don't make good music. Just got done listening to their latest thing, Now That We're Dead. You have Kirk spending the majority of the song playing muted chords. They wrote amazing shit in their 20s and they don't have to prove themselves anymore. Their media statement says it all, they find it fun to play. They could have done a second garage days doing covers of old shit they used to listen to and it would have been a billion times better than this generic shit. It appeared to me like it was the same talented guys I've broken my ears listening to playing 500% under their ability because its easy and "fun". Half of that song sounded like a high school band jamming that's been produced with a billion dollar budget.
>>
File: 1494785975113.jpg (33KB, 347x508px) Image search: [Google]
1494785975113.jpg
33KB, 347x508px
>>73109913
>/mum/
>>
aside from the horrendous production, I still think death magnetic is underrated
>>
>>73109913
first four are good, black album is a let down and what comes next isn't even worth mentioning.

RTL > KEA > AJFA > MOP
>>
early metallica is good, but no fucking ajfa

rtl>mop>kea

the rest doesnt matter
>>
>>73111641
>no fucking ajfa
why?
>>
>>73111660

songs are unnecessary long (to live is to die especially) and the production is terrible
>>
>>73111699
yet One remains one of their best songs.
>>
>>73111701

the song that uses the same scheme of fade to black and welcome home? one of their best?

nah
>>
>>73111730
and it does it best.
>>
Kirk Hammett is a hack. Why is this never discussed
>>
The production on the black album and the first rage record are goat
>>
>>73111936
It always is, especially amongst guitarists. He's just awful, hetfield is a much better player.
>>
>>73111699
>the production is terrible

The production is amazing. The performance and double-tracking is on point but the tone is meant to be jarring on purpose. It's skeletal but incredibly heavy.
>>
>>73111958
>It always is, especially amongst guitarists
yes, but only the usual shit like bendings out of tune and such. but he has no feeling at all. my theory is that he he one of the dumbest musicians around and just is not able to understand music, even if it is as simple as metallica's. his quality seems to be to keep his mouth shut when lars and james are talking (because he does not understand what they are talking about).
he has the job because he is stupid. what a great life.
>>
>>73112342
>my theory is that he he one of the dumbest musicians around and just is not able to understand music
That's how I feel about Lars. No concept of tone or dynamics or feel.
I think Kirks old solos were musical, particularly the Black album, very melodically hookey and memorable.
But he's just been the laziest faggot since then.
>>
>>73109969
This. Metalheads that didn't have a Metallica phase are usually the weird ones who like fucked up emo or metalcore nonsense.
>>
>>73112403
let's just say they are all stupid but James. The bassist plays stupid to have his rest
>>
>>73109987
get out
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.