[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is the next band to have their careers unceremoniously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: C_bpszOUIAAFJbv.jpg (105KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
C_bpszOUIAAFJbv.jpg
105KB, 1024x680px
So which is the next band to have their careers unceremoniously ended due to sexual assault allegations?

I know I have a few ideas of where the trade winds could blow.
>>
Father John Misty is next, screencap this
>>
>xD I was only PRETENDING to be a Nazi!
they deserved it desu
>>
>>73104237
it's gonna be diet cig next

they were friends with pwr bttm and have fake written all over them

between you and me i heard they don't even write their own songs. it's all their engineer who basically svengali'd the band together. thats why quinn moreland called their origin story into question in her pitchfork review. she knew what i'm telling you but couldn't call their credibility into question without evidence. Otherwise she would be out of a job. I'm just anon on 4chan though, so it's ok
>>
>>73104279
>she knew what i'm telling you but couldn't call their credibility into question without evidence.
Well is there still a scrap of evidence for what the pwr bttm guy did?
>>
>>73104237
how can they be over when they haven't even pressed charges? is there no justice?
>>
>>73104320
t. Buttmad pwr bttm fan
>>
>>73104391
won't be so funny when you're next, buddy
>>
>>73104313
is there a scrap of evidence he....didn't do it?

at some point there were big-boy conversations had with their record labels and with their management. They held Hopkins feet to the fire and decided his version of the story could not pass their non-lawyerly cross-examination. They, the powers that be, determined he did it. Being as it may, we are not privy to those conversations.

Are you familiar with what a manager's role is in relation to their artists? They are basically like their mothers except way more intimate. They know everything that there is to know about their artists affairs-- what drugs they take, what women they sleep with, what time the van leaves, what thickness guitar pick they like, what the splits in the contracts are-- they're with the artists at every moment of the tour. There is no way that Jeanette Wall their manager had no knowledge of this rape shit going on. As soon as the news broke Salty MGMT her firm dropped them like a bad habit. This is a woman who knew them since they were playing DIY venues in Bushwick. She knew as soon as this story broke it was game over. She kept cashing the checks as long as they would clear though. Now she's gonna go back to her role at ATO Records and find a new Next David Bowie to sell to teenagers in Toledo for whom it's a really big deal when the first Urban Outfitters opens up in town.
>>
in the Hipinion thread about this they said one of the guys from Ducktails was a rapist
>>
>>73104237
lel already forgot about this band
>>
>>73104462
>scrap of evidence he didn't do it
um
>>
>>73104263
would be surprised if sister david christo didn't assault someone in the past tbqh
>>
>>73104237
Lostprophets. Ian Curtis seems like the kinda guy who diddles kids.
>>
>>73104237
Who is this guy?
>>
>>73105431
basically the gay guy who likes to feel your gf's tits but it's ok cuz he's gay except also he likes to fuck your gf and not stop when she tries to push him off her also he demands that every venue he plays have gender neutral bathrooms and nonthreatening feminist atmospheres and every one of his band's fans has a tumblr account

we feel real sorry for him cuz he didn't get a trial before tumblr cruelly and arbitrarily sentenced him to not being able to take their money and spend it on coke
>>
>>73104237
its gonna be turnover. they had an issue in the past with it and completely ignored it. if they put out new music im sure the discussion will be much more lively even though all the dude really did was cheat on a few girlfriends
>>
>>73104237
Linkin Park.
Trust me, they fingered my sister at a nightclub.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 292x172px
>>73104237
>>
>>73105556
coca-cola?
>>
>>73104266
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>73104237
Whoever goes against the globalist jew.
>>
>>73104263
Not a bad guess.

You can tell he has a soul and regrets whatever contract he signed.

Maybe Kozelek?

They already tried it on Gia.
>>
>>73104313
degenerates like him rape. it's safe to assume he did it.
>>
>>73107108
/thread
>>
>>73104462
>is there a scrap of evidence he....didn't do it?
well, apparently ben still has all the texts from around that time and brought them up himself in his (very very late) denial statement.

remember mattress girl? it was texts that they used against her in court. we were all reading them here on 4chan. that's how I know she liked to do ass to mouth.

and also it makes a lot more sense now why they did that weird email address thing. it was because they LITERALLY had no idea who it was who accused them. and neither DO WE. it's a completely nameless person who said like two things on social media and even the band needed to figure how who it was to even begin to address it.

lastly, how many levels of anarchocapitalist nightmare are you on? where the band management, which lives and dies by reputation, which lives and dies by the bands that they use to make money, decides whether or not someone is a criminal? we still have a justice system here. but by your lack of awareness of the importance of this and the outcome of this whole fucking situation probably not for much longer
>>
>>73105820
Delete this fucking post IMMEDIATELY.
>>
>>73104313
Did you read the original statement addressing the allegation? It was legalese for "I maybe didn't do it".
>>
i've never listened to swans in my life
>>
>>73104237
Migos
Father John Misty
The chainsmokers said they are only doing music to get girls (to be rockstars XD ) so.. yeah
>>
>>73107738
>the chainsmokers
Please God let this happen. Can you imagine how amusing the massive damage to the musical normiesphere and the subsequent media blowout would be?
>>
Reminder that David Bowie, Kurt Cobain , and Chris Cornell deserved to die lol!
>>
>>73107122
It's impossible to rustle Kozelek, he's considered an untouchable after the suck my dick controversy. He has nothing to lose therefore he won't be targeted.

I suspect Father John Misty, Avey Tarec or Mac Demarco. Hope it's FJM
>>
>>73104266
The joke is on you because leftist males will be the biggest victims of this. It will be hilarious because the left will stand down against lying allegations and take it up the ass out of "solidarity" while their lying accusers walk all over them. Right wingers are much more likely to hit back.
>>
>feminists lie about rape and there is a sjw conspiracy led by George Soros to prevent me from having sex
>all gay people are degenerate rapist pedophiles

pick one cucks
>>
>>73107782
it wouldn't be at all because normies don't care about music

also normies rape each other all the time. that's why it's called rape culture.

part of the reason a lot of us don't have sex often is because we're not willing to rape indiscriminately and hope to get away with it
>>
>>73107841
>liberals are left wing

Americans are very intelligent, literate, and well spoken in regards to ideology. What a perfect education system you have that is free from corporate agitprop that you would posit liberals are anything but right of Centre with identity politics thrown into the mix
>>
>>73107864
R.Kelly got away with it and he is a Black Male, I dont think this would impact the chainsmokers sadly
>>
An interesting pattern is that the most recent high-profile ones have been p4k sacred cows. Swans, the cornerstone of any hipster's taste; Connor Oberst, indie fag extraordinaire; now Pwr Btm, everyone's favorite obnoxious freaks who can fuel endless click bait about transgender bathrooms or whatever. The new media thrives on keeping people hooked, and there's no better way to do this than by fanning flames of controversy. If some creepy pop-punk manchild got accused, no one would give a shit because it's not surprising. But OH SHIT, MR SWANS BRUTALLY RAPED AN INNOCENT MUSICIAN? OUR NEW LGBT HEROES ARE FRAUDS AFTER ALL? That's what sells, and that's why you see them pushing it.
For that reason my bet is on someone like FJM, Kozelek, Meme Demarco, Car Seat Headrest (though he seems to feeble and weak to rape anyone even if he tried), or some up and coming white male musician (not sure since I haven't kept up with who they're pushing on us this month)
>>73107738
Migos say straight-up homophobic shit and inexplicably no one cares at all. (Nearly) all rappers are doing fucked up drug and sex antics 24/7, I really think they're immune from this. Remember Kodak getting a rape charge, XXX beating up a pregnant girl? They're still heralded by music publications as the next big things because teeheehee ignorant black guys making funny noises
Chainsmokers would be interesting. Straight white guys making panderous music for young tumblr girls. Seems like a perfect storm but I almost think they're too big to bring down.
>>
>>73107879
Word salad.
>>
>>73107855
Not mutually exclusive.
Feminists lie about rape left and right, but that doesn't stop sodomites from committing obscene rates of actual rape and pedophilia
>>73107879
>It's a "Yuro is crine about Americans using American definitions of words to refer to the current American political arena" episode
>>
>>73107934
Funny thing is they already tried that shit with mac and the masturbation accusations.
>>
>>73107934
One day you will step back and wonder what the fuck you were on

You are in a cartoon fantasy land

The only thing that matters here is that these two poor fucks, insufferable as they are, are innocent and had their careers ruined by LIES
>>
>>73107934
the chainsmokers print money, they're not going anywhere for a minimum of 3 years
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.