[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any rock band whose lyrics even come close to The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: R-409491-1321805472.jpeg.jpg (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-409491-1321805472.jpeg.jpg
110KB, 600x600px
Is there any rock band whose lyrics even come close to The Mars Volta's?
>>
>>73104059
What do you mean by coming close? Vocabulary? How asinine they are? The answer is yes, no matter how you slice it. Just depends on what metric you're looking at.
>>
>>73104059
Oh, there are a lot of rock band with terrible lyrics.
I don't think their lyrics are especially shitty.
That's a little harsh, OP.
>>
>>73104059
>word salad
death grips probably
>>
>>73104059
No, this is pretty much the apex of word soup.
>>
>>73104104
>>73104113
>>73104115
>>73104120
>no thanks, i only like mark e smith and nick cave pseud lyrics
>>
>>73104120
yup

cedric says his process is literally doing one take of gibberish, just feeling out the music and then converting it into words as best he can which, depending on your views on music, is sort of awesome if you think about it, since he focuses on the sound

but if you're reading into the meaning behind tmv's lyrics you're probably wasting your time
>>
Sure is 2/10 in here
>>
At The Drive In

doesn't count though. Maybe The Jesus Lizard?
>>
File: 614UbzsVMQL.jpg (74KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
614UbzsVMQL.jpg
74KB, 500x429px
>Daedalus, Your Child Is Falling And The Labyrinth Is Calling.

>Renegade Heaps, Humanity Abandoned.
>Bower Of The Vowels, You Lit Them And Fanned Them.
>Mercury, The Courier, Celestial Messenger
>Bed With Dawn, Your Bride.
>Arrowhead Of Diane, Pierce The Mind Of A Man,
>Tongueless Muse Of Time
>>
The shittiest fucking band of the 00s, worse than Arcade Fire or Muse
>>
>>73104176
That's the same way Jon Anderson does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHZE7vo8eAM
>>
As much as I love The Mars Volta, the lyrics don't make a lot of sense, and the way that they're supposed to be interpreted is usually kinda a stretch. Best part about them is their instrumentals imo
>>
>>73104059
t. fedora owner
>>
>>73104883
Yeah, Clutch has nonsense lyrics, but Neil Fallon belts them out so mightily you almost don't notice. Kinda like Audioslave.
>>
>>73104059
because this will never not be true
http://www.somethingawful.com/your-band-sucks/the-mars-volta/
>>
I tend to enjoy nonsense lyrics more than lyrics that try to say something deep or meaningful or get a message across. 95% of lyrics are absolutely dreadful.

While not (usually) nonsensical, They Might Be Giants definitely have some of the best lyrics. Especially songs like Mammal, They'll Need A Crane, Santa's Beard, The World's Address, and Narrow Your Eyes. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here.
>>
>>73104104
>>73104113
>>73104115
>>73104120

What's the point of these posts? Like the effort you made to just make a snide comment is so absurd. What's to gain? Does it make any of you feel better? Im genuinely asking (not OP, only heard a littke Mars Volta). Why do you make these kinds of posts? Do you do the same irl?
>>
>>73107581

Hi. I'm >>73104104

I love Mars Volta. And I came to them through the Tremulent EP because I was an ATDI fan first. I have a pretty lengthy track record of adoring Cedric's vocals and lyrics. This is boring contextual information for background, but I figure it's best to approach your question in good faith.

Here's the point of my "snide" comment: I have no idea wtf OP is asking. No fucking clue. Whatever criteria he's using to assess Mars Volta lyrics need to be disclosed to make meaningful comparisons. It's impossible to divine from his post what he thinks is specifically good about the lyrics.

It's also 100% impossible to determine if it's a sarcastic /mu/ shitpost or some haut new maymay I haven't seen from not posting here in three days (why do girls pretend to like punk music, though?!?!?!).

I'm sorry I asked my question brusquely and it left you so booty-blasted. Next time I try to get a person to clarify wtf they mean, I'll phrase it with your delicate ass in mind. Good fuckin' lord.

I could honestly ask you the same questions posed in your shitty post, except there's no mystery. Obviously you feel better about yourself. Everyone can sleep soundly with your vigilante watch over this stupid mongolian cave-drawing BBS. Christ.

I just hope you're using washable cloth diapers in your household. Otherwise there must be entire square miles of landfill space just from you shitting your Huggies at how people converse on the internet.
>>
>>73107780

>>73107780
>I'm sorry I asked my question brusquely and it left you so booty-blasted. Next time I try to get a person to clarify wtf they mean, I'll phrase it with your delicate ass in mind. Good fuckin' lord.
>I could honestly ask you the same questions posed in your shitty post, except there's no mystery. Obviously you feel better about yourself. Everyone can sleep soundly with your vigilante watch over this stupid mongolian cave-drawing BBS. Christ.
>I just hope you're using washable cloth diapers in your household. Otherwise there must be entire square miles of landfill space just from you shitting your Huggies at how people converse on the internet.

Like, man, there's so much effort put into this? For what man? Im asking you stuff to engage in a conversation like OP. And then you just go into this rage/negativity/sourness/whateveryoucallit. It's such a waste. Does it genuinely make you feel better? Sleep at night or whatever? Would it hurt somehow if you didn't attack people you didn't know on a basketweaving forum? I wanna know, man? I feel your pain but i dont undertand it.
>>
>>73104120
Amputechture is way word soupier than Frances the Mute.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.