[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't everyone here just get into metal already?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

File: Possessed - Seven Churches.jpg (74KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Possessed - Seven Churches.jpg
74KB, 1440x1080px
Why doesn't everyone here just get into metal already? LIke wtf mayne
>>
99% of metal songs you cant even understand what the fuck they are saying
Its just a bunch of fucking random noise
>>
>>73099584
>can't understand what they're saying
There are many genres, the majority of metal lies within the ones where the lyrics are very easy to make out. You should start with some Judas Priest or Black Sabbath and then slowly build out.
>Its just a bunch of fucking random noise
Most of it is very well structured and composed, you either don't have an ear for music or you've been listening to stuff that you weren't ready for.
>>
>>73099584
that bait is too obvious my friend, put some more effort in it.
>>
>>73099584

t. 55+ year old woman
>>
>>73099561
But I do. Stoner, sludge , drone , doom, and atmospheric
>>
>>73099799
That's not real metal you fucking tripfaggot
>>
>>73099561
>Why doesn't everyone here just get into metal already?
They're ugly so they use music in hopes of attracting indie girls while normal looking guys just listen to what they want and still get laid.
>>73099799
tripfag-tier taste as expected
>>
>>73099832
K
Now I'm more inclined to listen to it even more.
>>
it's too white and masculine
>>
>>73099851
>implying metal was about getting bitches
>implying they don't just come with the territory
It's beta nu-male indiefags who make music to get indie girls and they still fail because they can't turn them on for the life of them due to their testosterone deficiency.
>>
>>73099799
nu-male taste
>>
>>73099852
Everyday I wonder how unfunny tripfags can get, and then they just hit new lows like this without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>73099852
>"I'll just eat more shit, i can have it all to myself!"
>>
>>73099922
You know it
>>73099940
Meh, I have nothing better to do and I like of like these responses
>>73099955
You make kind of have a point there
>>
>>73100028
You post like a nu-male faggot
>>
>>73100107
Thanks bb
>>
>>73099832
GTFO gatekeeper
>>
>>73100028
>admitting defeat
Behold, the mark of the nu-male.
>>
>>73100140
K
>>
>>73099799
Give Opeth a shot my man
>>
i love metal though
>>
what is it about sludge that attracts hipsters and posers?
>>
>>73099584
Yet /mu/ sucks Merzbow's cock. Your point?
>>
>>73100139
That's actually kind of a cool title.
>>
>>73100163
Which album?
>>
>>73100233
Stop being a faggot and listen to good metal already
>>
>>73100250
Which one? I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>73099561
What is it about metal that attracts such genuine people?
>>
>>73100233

I'd say Ghost Reveries. If you like heavier stuff go to Deliverance and Blackwater Park.

For the non-metal records, Damnation is full of depressive acoustic clean ballads, and their recent albums are 70s prog rock. Pale Communion is the best of those IMO.
>>
>>73100291
Black Sabbath
>>
>>73100291
Listen to Deicide - Deicide, fruitcake.
>>
>>73099584
99% of trap songs you cant even understand what the fuck they are saying
Its just a bunch of fucking random noise
>>
Bias against metal is one of my real red flags.

Like if it's the type of person who likes like space disco or something I can forgive it, but with most young white guys I really find it suspect if you think you're beyond its appreciation. Usually correlates to a lot of other facts about the person that I can't get with.
>>
>>73100481
This
It's the sign of a prissy cuck
>>
>>73100481
What I don't get is /mu/ likes absolute total irredeemable incoherent shits like Merzbow or Gerogerigegege and soft mainstream hipster crap like Gorillaz and they act like metal is too incoherent or chidish for them.
>>
>>73100571
>listening to gorillaz
>calls other music childish
I will never understand /mu/. It's a combination of underage kids and indiefags that just makes for the most unfunny autistic shit.
>>
>>73100610
In the end /mu/ is just full of 14 year old redditors trying to fool themselves into thinking they have interesting or unique personality because they listen to obscure music.
>>
>>73100481
with you, but space disco is lowkey high-t though
>>
>>73100700
That explains the disproportionate amount of tripfags here compared to all the other boards.
>>
>>73100734
I mean I really like space disco, and the dudes I know into stuff like that and italo and afrobeat and whatnot are fucking cool studs. I just can see how coming from that type of sensibility might locate someone in a universe that doesn't get around to coming to know metal on its own terms.

I've managed to deeply like both, and other things, but I understand that someone from some completely other universe has their own different vibe.

But like those punk or indie guys who say they like Black Flag or Suicidal Tendencies or even Death Grips but then hate metal I just am calling out as phonies who got caught up in the canonical text that came with punk. They're perpetually glancing over their shoulder to see if what they're liking is acceptable. And it's particularly lame because that punk discourse of anti-metal came, hypocritically, from this culture of Marxist critics and urbane smarty-pants who claimed to be into punk because it was a "music of the people" while scoffing at metal - the actual music of working class people, and its 'boorish' listeners.

Basically, I'm saying that whole culture of bespectacled, metal-hating critics were frauds who have since had to backtrack on the clueless positions they took. Especially since punk is fucking DEAD now.
>>
>>73100941
>But like those punk or indie guys who say they like Black Flag or Suicidal Tendencies or even Death Grips but then hate metal I just am calling out as phonies who got caught up in the canonical text that came with punk. They're perpetually glancing over their shoulder to see if what they're liking is acceptable. And it's particularly lame because that punk discourse of anti-metal came, hypocritically, from this culture of Marxist critics and urbane smarty-pants who claimed to be into punk because it was a "music of the people" while scoffing at metal - the actual music of working class people, and its 'boorish' listeners.
100% true
>>
>>73100941
Honestly if any of these smartass fags who claim to like punk for obligatory snowflake tendies went to a legit hardcore show back in the days they'd have their teeth caved in.
>>
>>73101066
The funny part is that the moshers didn't give a shit about leftism anyway, all the nu-males on this board have a rose-tinted view of what the scene was supposedly like.
>>
>>73100304
Listening to it right now , I'll check the other ones later
>>73100306
I know who they are, I knew someone was going to post this or pentagram
>>73100312
I'll probably listen to this when I'm not fucked up.
>>
>>73100941
don't know anyone like that exactly in person, but i remember back in the day a few punkbros who'd only get down on the crusty metal stuff. at first i thought it was just that they sincerely preferred the punk backbone stylistically, but then they'd also approve of stuff like wolves in the throne room bc of the anprim and the stageless shows and all that. you're definitely onto something. if someone forms all their opinions on artstuff based on politics and or fashion, they're doing it wrong pretty obviously i think
>>
>>73101066
Hahaha, totally. A lot of those old American hardcore kids were legit mongoloids. Like literal Nazi tweaker white trash who would have left them bruised and crying on the floor, screaming FAGGOT in their face.
>>
>>73101167
This is how you know that punkfags are low-T, they can't form their own opinion and stick by it and defend it without knowing that it's in line with group-think. They're mentally women.
>>
>>73101167
It used to be much worse. The underground scenes and whole 'hip' world was mostly dominated by punk values up until about the mid 00s when you had simultenously psychedelia seeping into the experimental scenes, while a lot of kids started getting into metal enough more that even critics finally started treating it as cool.

I'm a bit older, it used to be an atmosphere where snarky hip kids were just blanketly dismissive of metal (as well of psychedelia, unless it came in certain acceptable forms). With the exception of cool motherfuckers like Black Flag who were a lot more honest and open-minded.

And people who were explicitly, self-identified punks, with the exception of a bit of that thrash crossover in the late 80s, hated metal. Alt rock and grunge kind of brought in metal influences but even then the critics emphasized more of its 'punk' DNA and ideas.
>>
>>73101293
I just don't get why people like punk, it's so bad. Indie kiddies only pretend to like it because a lot of its stuff is constantly labeled as being 'avant-garde' and artshit.
>>
>>73101293
all comes down to that ancient sumerian dichotomy between hip and cool i think. i get some of the criticisms of metal though, the attitude that makes it so everything has to be 100% pure and true can be stifling sometimes, probably, even though that's also what's made metal last as long as it has as a coherent genre thing, meanwhile critics can get riled up within reason about novelty and newness all that, dunno where im going here
>>
>>73099584
B A I T

A

I

T
>>
>>73100312
this man speaks the truth
>>
File: numale.jpg (450KB, 1050x1080px) Image search: [Google]
numale.jpg
450KB, 1050x1080px
ITT
>>
>>73102007
You know numales like (You) are one of those kids back in junior high who called everything gay only to be turned turbo faggot with 10 dildos up his ass at college.
>>
>>73101066
funny you mentioned hardcore, those types will jock all the hardcore punk bands that are just black flag worship and then you show them actual modern hardcore like hatebreed or madball or harms way (to give examples of the bigger bands) that take a lot of influence from obituary and other older death metal like that and they shit their pants about how boorish they are
>>
ITT: manchildren jerk each other off.
Metal will never amount to anything beyond angsty teenagers emotional outlet.
>>
>>73103116
Nobody listens to metal for muh emoshuns.
>>
I'm already into metal my duder.

>>73103200
I do tee bee aych.
>>
>>73099561
I actually have.
Seven Churches and Scream Bloody Gore are my favorites. I've gotten into Toxic Holocaust recently and want to try out Black Metal too
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.