[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best headphones for less than $200? I cancelled my order for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170531_135359.jpg (600KB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170531_135359.jpg
600KB, 3456x5184px
Best headphones for less than $200?

I cancelled my order for the AudioTechnica M50x as apparently they're shit compared to others in a similar price range.
>>
Shure srh840, they shit on everything else at that price point
>>
>>73097301
Apparently shit? Did you listen to them?

The moment people realize that everyone has different ears and perceive sound differently will be the moment when we don't have to deal with all the shit marketing anymore. I have 3 pairs of them and they are pretty much bulletproof, but thats my opinion and my ears.
>>
Been using the same pair of JVCs for two years, haven't had reason to regret
>>
>>73098451
I'm sure I'd like them enough but I noticed they were a bit overpriced were I'm from and I could afford 'better' ones for the price. Beyer DT880 for example.
>>
>>73097301
Bump.
What are some headphones that'd be servicable for vidya and movies?
Don't want logitech because their soft is pretty shit.
>>
Opinions? I listen to indie, alternative, some hip hop, I'd like a bit of bass too.
>>
>>73099003
semi-open/open = mids/highs oriented
>>
>>73097301e
Not many audiophiles on /mu/
>>
>>73097301
I went from the M50's to Sennheiser's HD 558's and I never looked back.

I've never been happier with a pair of headphones before, not only do they sound fantastic, but there's zero fatigue to them, in terms of wearing or the sound. About 3 months after purchase I realized I was enjoying the sound itself more of music, not that I was hearing more things just that I was appreciating it more, way more pleasurable.

This is not something you have to buy sennheiser cans for of course, this is just coming from someone as a past owner of the M50s, that are horribly fatiguing, they sound good I have no problem with that, but they're incredibly uncomfortable and the sound is so overbearing that any session longer than 40 minutes will leave you spent. It just isn't a good experience at all.

They're light on bass, even the 558's which are known to be more "colored" than the 598s due to the different build. I have no problem with that, but I wish it was tighter, the way it rolls off can make certain songs a little lackluster compared to cans like the M50s.

Zero regrets, will probably keep these forever, until I can afford to put 500 dollars into better cans and a headphone amp. I will also never return to headphones with cups that don't go over your entire ear, and I probably won't be buying closed headphones again either.
>>
I've got Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros. They're great, but they need some pretty decent power to run, so you'll need at least a halfway decent amp with them. They sound great and are comfy as shit though.
>>
>>73097301
>>73100020
I've had 598s for over 6 years and 0 complaints. M50s would make my ears hurt after a few hours but these don't even touch my ears. If you can use open backs then just get 'em. They're cheap as fuck now for how good they are.
>>
>>73100161
absolutely true, I can wear them a whole day and not feel a thing. relatively cheap and durable, i've had mine for 3-4 years now and they're in perfect shape even though i travel with them a lot
>>
>>73100161
>>73100248
I hear they're very comfy but is the sound as good? they're not very cheap here in México so I'm looking at other options with higher msrp along with the 598s, like the Shure SRH840, Beyer 880s, or MSR7
>>
>>73100491
Well the sound-stage is crazy on the 598s, all mids/highs will be perfect, they don't require anything to drive them really but I'd recommend a cheap amp or something. I can't speak to those other choices though.
>>
>>73099003
Only think i can comment on are the senhiesser 598
I have them and they sound great but don't have a ton of bass
>>
>>73100491
>>73100536
what he said, if you have a good source they're fantastic. i'm not a basshead, but i remember playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18WCZXzWBUw on my ipod with 598's and was positively shocked. instrumentals/voices definitely shine the most though
>>
>>73100056
I'd get those but decent amps aren't very cheap either :/
>>
Anyone know the best headphones for mixing around this price range?
>>
>>73101112
ath m40x/m50x are known for their isolation and analytical sound, also sony mdr v6. the latter ones are often used in professional studios, howard stern uses them
>>
>>73101270
Do you think open back would have a more realistic sound that would be better to mix with? i know you are supposed to use monitors, but I don't have the space.
>>
>>73098984
hd598 if you're in a quiet room

hd598 Cs if you're in a room with noise.

The regular 598's are open back and will let in all the noise around you, but sound a bit better because of the openness of them.

the 598 Cs are closed back headphones, and will give much more isolation if you want to block out noise that's around you.
>>
>>73100491
>
I have the MSR7's. They are a bit brighter sounding headphone, but the bass is definitely present. But that clarity. Ohhh, that clarity. It's almost, or just as clear as the HD600.
>>
>>73099003
This is significantly under your budget, but I really, really like my AKG K240s. Those Sennheisers would also be a really good buy.
>>
>>73101112
If you're going to mix with headphones, I would recommend either the HD598's or the HD600's if you can afford them with an amp.

The most important thing is knowing the headphone. If a headphone is lighter on bass than you're used to and you don't keep that in mind, you're going to mix it with too much bass to compensate making the bass ridiculously too much on bassier headphones.
>>
>>73101531
>>73101270
thanks anons
>>
I've had my m50x's for a few years now and i still like them but jesus crhist I dont know if my head had a growth spurt or something but after a few hours on they feel like they are squashing my head.
>>
>>73101559

Keep in mind that >>73101270 is talking about monitoring, not mixing. You use closed backs for monitoring (when you're recording) so the sound doesn't leak out and into that microphone. If you're going to mix with headphones, do it with open back headphones.
>>
>>73101601
Yep I got that. I have some decent closed backs already so i'm okay there.
>>
I got my Fidelio X1s for $180 when they were being sold for $250.

They're honestly insane. The best headphones I've ever owned.
>>
File: 1464827086974.jpg (47KB, 297x350px) Image search: [Google]
1464827086974.jpg
47KB, 297x350px
>have to buy new headphones/earphones every 3-6 months
>all because of the internal wiring
>my wireless headphones just broke
It's fucking wireless. How the fuck does it break? It's not like I threw the headphone at a wall or something. Just
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS.
>>
I got some Marshall Major II headphones 2 years ago for $80 and they are fantastic
>>
Best headphones for durability? I'm fucking tired of this "only one side plays sound" bullshit because of fucking wiring.
>>
>bass
DT 770
>>
>>73102488
I'm not sure senpai, every time that happens to me it's either the removable wire or my amp.
>>
>>73097301
>I cancelled my order for the AudioTechnica M50x as apparently they're shit compared to others in a similar price range.

Yeah for the same price of m50x you can buy the m40x which are better and you can buy a decent set of ear pads to replace the stock ones, and probably still have some money left over
>>
lol. i havent been here in years and still, all the headphone threads consist of tards pretending they know anything about headphones or audio gear in general
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.