[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Paul Simon is one of the greatest artists of our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 5570249.jpg (95KB, 1000x885px) Image search: [Google]
5570249.jpg
95KB, 1000x885px
Do you think Paul Simon is one of the greatest artists of our lifetime? Why? Why not?
>>
don't need to be coy roy :~)
>>
>>73093937
Yes. His lyrics paint pictures of everyday people like a worn out boxer and a simple drug dealer as precisely and poetic as a norman rockwell painting, showing you the true beauty of everyday life, that we so often cast away or forget about. And his melodies are incredibly complex and abstract hidden behind the guise of simple folk picking.
https://youtu.be/UgNx-fPHNYM
>>
>>73094044

I honestly prefer his solo stuff ala Graceland (Obviously) and his self titled, but the Garfunkel influence is so beautiful. I often wonder what his south african influenced music would be like had they not had the falling out and Garfunkel went along with Paul.
>>
Yes. He's a wonderful melodicist.
>>
I absolutely love Paul Simon. My first exposure to him was through the album the rhythm of the saints, and it is by far my favorite album of all time.
>>
wonderful songwriter, definitely one of the best of his generation i m o.
>>
>>73093937
art garfunkle>paul simon
>>
I feel like he never gets enough love. Almost anyone you ask says they love him but he never comes up when you ask people who their favorite artist/musician/album
>>
>>73094448
Paul wrote like every song dude.
>>
>>73094448

u fucking what mate
>>
>>73094433

After you found ROTS, did you go back and listen to graceland? How did you think it compared hearing ROTS first?
>>
No matter how many times people try to meme Sound of Silence it never gets in the way of my enjoyment of it. Guess thats how good he is
>>
I enjoy that thing he does where he records a few songs, prints them on CD and sends them to stores where I can listen to them in exchange for money.
He's a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>73094702
damn dude that's pretty cool of him
>>
>>73094702

hey nice
>>
>>73093937
>Do you think Paul Simon is one of the greatest artists of our lifetime?
yes
>>
>>73094702
excellent!
>>
>>73093937
yeah hes a pretty amazing guy

i love that everyone only has nice things to say about him :)
>>
>>73095016

Me too honestly. There's no "nah fuck it he sucks lmao" in this thread. He's so wholesome. inb4 negative shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.